its not ripping people off...... if i sold them an iPhone 4 and said it was a 5... thats ripping them off... or if i sold them a phone that doesn't work but i said it did... thats would also be ripping them off.....

Its all about supply and demand.... i have the supply... and the people on ebay decide what the demand is.

Everyone needs to stop saying this is a bad thing to do lol... and realize its just a way to make extra cash... and people wouldn't spend the cash if they didn't 1) have it 2) want to...
    THANK YOU!!!!!

And I am not GREEDY at all! I have been giving to charities every single month for several years, even when I was incredibly poor. You people know NOTHING about me to say things like that.

SUPPLY AND DEMAND people!!!! Get a brain! How dare you call me greedy... You do not know who I am or what I am doing with the money I make.
    10-01-2011 02:42 AM
    i dont see the problem here. it IS the way of the world. Apple sells computers worth 800 dollars for about 3k because they know people will buy them and be happy with paying that much. supply and demand
    10-01-2011 02:44 AM
    i dont see the problem here. it IS the way of the world. Apple sells computers worth 800 dollars for about 3k because they know people will buy them and be happy with paying that much. supply and demand
    K we don't need an 'apple tax' dig on here, thank you... Apple actually offers a great lineup of quality computers at relatively fair prices (most of which are around 1k, not 3k), which only continue to be lowered year after year.
    10-01-2011 02:54 AM
    I'm not saying selling for profit is wrong what I'm saying is a ****** like the one who started this thread deliberately buying up big to sell way over priced to make a huge profit from people that may not have camped out at the apple store is wrong. Maybe if said person didn't try to buy 10 iPhone's then someone later in the day or even the day after might have a chance at getting one.
    My buying 5-6 iPhones in Canada doesn't effect someone in Australia being able to get one. Especially when the iPhone usually doesn't come out in Australia until a month or so after. And, it's too effing bad for the other people in line!!! That's how the world works, first come first serve. It's the same if I had 5 people I wanted to buy an iPhone for, that would also effect the others in line. If they were there earlier, they could've had the same opportunity.

If I came late, it would be too bad for me, too!
    10-01-2011 03:04 AM
    My buying 5-6 iPhones in Canada doesn't effect someone in Australia being able to get one. Especially when the iPhone usually doesn't come out in Australia until a month or so after. And, it's too effing bad for the other people in line!!! That's how the world works, first come first serve. It's the same if I had 5 people I wanted to buy an iPhone for, that would also effect the others in line. If they were there earlier, they could've had the same opportunity.

If I came late, it would be too bad for me, too!
    Whatever dude don't try and justify to me or anyone being a greedy *** mo fo, its simple you wanna take advantage of those who cant be there to buy ip5's right away and if it weren't for people like you maybe a bunch more of people who actually have lives could get their hands on one the day after or even later. But because of greedy F*#@ers like you stocks run out and people end up paying stupid prices for a item that should be readily available. F#*k you and anyone that thinks like you!!

Nuff Said!!
    GibMcFragger likes this.
    10-01-2011 05:09 AM
    I'm not going to continue to try and reason with people that can only offer personal insults rather than a real contribution to a conversation.
    10-01-2011 05:25 AM
    I have no problem with those that sell on E-Bay or elsewhere in the manner described here. If you list a iPhone 5 for $1K or $2K and someone purchases it knowing that the retail is $600 - $700 that is their choice. As long as the item is as described (unopened, never activated, etc.) the transaction is totally fair. The seller risks his or her cash to purchase the item and runs the risk of being able to sell at a profit. What if Apple has a ample supply of the iPhone 5's next week due manufacturing to accommodate the late launch date and close proximity to the Christmas selling season? Jellotime 91 would have invested $3,500 for 5 iPhones, the cost of selling on E-bay, etc. and may not make any real profit. All about risk & reward IMO. I remember back 30+ years ago the Christmas that the Cabbage Patch Dolls were hot & scarce. People were paying $150 for a $20 toy or 7.5 times retail. In those same terms a iPhone 5 would go for $5K today.

What floors me is those that would actually pay $2K for a phone that they could get for $700 (or $200 if a new activation or upgrade) just to have the latest phone now. It is not like there will not be orders fulfilled in a 4-6 week time frame.

People have always profited from supply and demand; it is the nature of business.
    10-01-2011 05:48 AM
    Alrighty then....

Not only is the OP not getting his question answered, he's getting slammed. We're not here to moralize or pass judgement. You don't like something...move on.

Thread closed.
    10-01-2011 08:22 AM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD