How to watch the 10-4 event live?

Theophany

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
Since when did Gizmodo get back on the invite list? IIRC, Engadget & MacWorld are the quickest with photos.

Giz is only back on the invite list because whoever bought the iPhone 4 prototype no longer works there, and afaik that's only for this coming event.

That said, Macworld is generally the fastest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shooter03

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
seriously cant wait to hear the news, my wife's in line for a iPhone 5 but the way its looking i might have to steal it from here and give her my iPhone 4....

gmz73

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
I follow live blogs, but only from someone who is actually at the event. It doesn't make any sense to me to follow a live blog by someone who is reading someone else's live blog and retyping or commenting on it.

What time can we expect the live blog? I can hide my phone in my desk drawer while I pretend to be working!

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
seriously cant wait to hear the news, my wife's in line for a iPhone 5 but the way its looking i might have to steal it from here and give her my iPhone 4....

Is this event synchronized to Cupertino, Ca. time? You guys in Aussie are a day ahead of us here in the U.S., right? How about some early feedback on sales impact?

DrewBear

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Is this event synchronized to Cupertino, Ca. time? You guys in Aussie are a day ahead of us here in the U.S., right? How about some early feedback on sales impact?

The event is separate from the actual release of the physical phone. That'll happen 1-2 weeks later.

Oz was not one of the first five countries to get the iPhone 4. What do you mean by "sales impact"? Apple is going to sell every single phone they can make for at least the first 3 months. We're talking about something in the 25-30 million range between the release date and the end of 2011. Will that impact sales of Android phones? Only of the high-end versions. Cheap Android phones will still sell well.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I follow the TiPb meta blog live and then watch it on Apple.com that night on my iPad. Thats my routine. :)

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
The event is separate from the actual release of the physical phone. That'll happen 1-2 weeks later.

Oz was not one of the first five countries to get the iPhone 4. What do you mean by "sales impact"? Apple is going to sell every single phone they can make for at least the first 3 months. We're talking about something in the 25-30 million range between the release date and the end of 2011. Will that impact sales of Android phones? Only of the high-end versions. Cheap Android phones will still sell well.

By sales impact, i meant how well they would sell, but you're probably right about them selling out real fast.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
What time can we expect the live blog? I can hide my phone in my desk drawer while I pretend to be working!

IIRC it begins at 10 a.m. Cupertino time, which is prime lunch in my neighborhood. YAY!

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
a little over 24 hours from now there will be either a lot of happy peeps :) or really pissed off peeps :D

DrewBear

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Hmmm...

Internet Streaming Channel Vertex to Cover October 4 Apple Event Live | iPad News Tracker

Apple doesn't provide a live feed. So they're going to ATTEMPT to patch into a non-existent feed? Puh-leeze. This is a blatant attempt to get people to watch their channel. They'll probably be doing a meta-liveblog where they sit around commenting on what real live bloggers are posting. I'd watch TiPb or TWiT.tv if you want to see that.
Vertex will immediately switch to the keynote, and attempt to patch into a live feed of the proceedings...

Theophany

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
then what would be the point of Sprint's big announcement if Apple is going to do it tomorrow?

Specifics, other information about other releases, etc?

All I was saying is that Apple is the most likely source of the carriers the phone will be carried on.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Apple doesn't provide a live feed. So they're going to ATTEMPT to patch into a non-existent feed? Puh-leeze. This is a blatant attempt to get people to watch their channel. They'll probably be doing a meta-liveblog where they sit around commenting on what real live bloggers are posting. I'd watch TiPb or TWiT.tv if you want to see that.

So it gives them some hits...what's the hurt in checking it to see if they got a live feed up around show time and if not, leaving and watching a live blog? It's not going to hurt me at all if they get traffic, even if it is blatantly for the purpose of driving people to the site with no real intention of having the live feed...it's not like we are locked in on their website all day, lol...nobody is twisting arms here to check it out.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro