How to watch the 10-4 event live?

dwfw

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
I've not seen any word of a live broadcast. The best we can hope for is a live commentary/blog from someplace like TWiT Live - netcasts you love, from people you trust or CNET Live - CNET TV.

The announcement is being held on Apple's Cupertino campus where, one would think, they would have better ("tighter") control over wifi access, etc.

I'd would be great if Apple would broadcast it like they did several years ago. But as I recall, that appears to have been a one-time shot.

Click

Jun 9, 2009
Visit site
I always tune in here for the live blog and wait for Apple to post the video on their site. Even though I know whats coming I still like to watch it. :)

dwfw

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
I always tune in here for the live blog and wait for Apple to post the video on their site. Even though I know whats coming I still like to watch it. :)

Yeah, Apple always posts the keynote in iTunes - but it often takes days to show up there. By that time, it's old news that's been re-told a hundred times.

Live feed would be the way to go, IMHO. #doubtful

dwfw

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
Newbie mistake!
I thought Apple broadcast all their events live...

We've all been there.

As far as I know, Apple has never (with that single exception a few years back) broadcast their announcements live. Not sure why - maybe it adds to the "exclusivity" or something.

My thought has always been to let the people see it for themselves. With the "invitation only" model, you get people blogging and tweeting and creating a buzz, but everything that gets broadcast is filtered through the blogger/tweeter's view.

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
We've all been there.

As far as I know, Apple has never (with that single exception a few years back) broadcast their announcements live. Not sure why - maybe it adds to the "exclusivity" or something.

My thought has always been to let the people see it for themselves. With the "invitation only" model, you get people blogging and tweeting and creating a buzz, but everything that gets broadcast is filtered through the blogger/tweeter's view.

The reason why is that they like to edit the announcements down and try to make them more concise. Also, most people are working at the time the announcement is being made, so they probably don't see a reason to broadcast live at that time.

DrewBear

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I usually follow a few live blogs. TiPb, Engadget, Ars Technica, Wall Street Journal & thisismynext are worth checking out. I forget which one is quickest at posting photos.

Click

Jun 9, 2009
Visit site
Yeah, Apple always posts the keynote in iTunes - but it often takes days to show up there. By that time, it's old news that's been re-told a hundred times.

Like I said I don't mind watching it even after knowing whats going on. I agree 100% though I do wish they would do a live stream of the show.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
I follow live blogs, but only from someone who is actually at the event. It doesn't make any sense to me to follow a live blog by someone who is reading someone else's live blog and retyping or commenting on it.

Click

Jun 9, 2009
Visit site
I follow live blogs, but only from someone who is actually at the event. It doesn't make any sense to me to follow a live blog by someone who is reading someone else's live blog and retyping or commenting on it.

Couldn't agree more Alli! Thus why I ALWAYS tune into TiPb for live blogs. :)

DrewBear

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site

Who's representing TiPb? I'm assuming you guys got an invite.

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
I really despise Engadget... But it's mostly because of their commenting community being comprised of the stupidest people on the internet. I strongly prefer Gizmodo, but naturally their live blogs for Apple events are not the best. Haha

gthugballin

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
gizmodo is a good one to follow because they post pictures as they update.... i'm always on tipb for the chat window stream thing... its nice to see what people think as the announcements are going on

Theophany

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site

They also post it on apple.com a few hours after the announcement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2