Is this event synchronized to Cupertino, Ca. time? You guys in Aussie are a day ahead of us here in the U.S., right? How about some early feedback on sales impact?
    The event is separate from the actual release of the physical phone. That'll happen 1-2 weeks later.

Oz was not one of the first five countries to get the iPhone 4. What do you mean by "sales impact"? Apple is going to sell every single phone they can make for at least the first 3 months. We're talking about something in the 25-30 million range between the release date and the end of 2011. Will that impact sales of Android phones? Only of the high-end versions. Cheap Android phones will still sell well.
    10-01-2011 01:46 PM
    I follow the TiPb meta blog live and then watch it on Apple.com that night on my iPad. Thats my routine.
    Click likes this.
    10-01-2011 01:48 PM
    The event is separate from the actual release of the physical phone. That'll happen 1-2 weeks later.

Oz was not one of the first five countries to get the iPhone 4. What do you mean by "sales impact"? Apple is going to sell every single phone they can make for at least the first 3 months. We're talking about something in the 25-30 million range between the release date and the end of 2011. Will that impact sales of Android phones? Only of the high-end versions. Cheap Android phones will still sell well.
    By sales impact, i meant how well they would sell, but you're probably right about them selling out real fast.
    10-01-2011 02:05 PM
    What time can we expect the live blog? I can hide my phone in my desk drawer while I pretend to be working!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    IIRC it begins at 10 a.m. Cupertino time, which is prime lunch in my neighborhood. YAY!
    10-01-2011 03:30 PM
    Will they also be announcing the carriers (Sprint?) at this event?! Sorry not trying to hijack the thread.
    10-03-2011 11:30 AM
    Will they also be announcing the carriers (Sprint?) at this event?! Sorry not trying to hijack the thread.
    not sure about this.. But I am thinking maybe not. Sprint is having their own even on Oct 7th which probably means that is when they will announce this news about the iPhone.
    GigaS27 likes this.
    10-03-2011 11:36 AM
    not sure about this.. But I am thinking maybe not. Sprint is having their own even on Oct 7th which probably means that is when they will announce this news about the iPhone.
    Every other event has had new carriers announced during the keynote.

GigaS27 likes this.
    10-03-2011 12:20 PM
    a little over 24 hours from now there will be either a lot of happy peeps or really pissed off peeps
    GigaS27 likes this.
    10-03-2011 01:00 PM
    10-03-2011 01:35 PM
    10-03-2011 03:39 PM
    He will show, but in a Weekend at Bernie's kind of way between Forstall and Ive
    10-03-2011 04:08 PM
    Hmmm...

Internet Streaming Channel Vertex to Cover October 4 Apple Event Live | iPad News Tracker
    Apple doesn't provide a live feed. So they're going to ATTEMPT to patch into a non-existent feed? Puh-leeze. This is a blatant attempt to get people to watch their channel. They'll probably be doing a meta-liveblog where they sit around commenting on what real live bloggers are posting. I'd watch TiPb or TWiT.tv if you want to see that.
    Vertex will immediately switch to the keynote, and attempt to patch into a live feed of the proceedings...
    10-03-2011 04:32 PM
    Every other event has had new carriers announced during the keynote.

then what would be the point of Sprint's big announcement if Apple is going to do it tomorrow?
    10-03-2011 04:38 PM
    then what would be the point of Sprint's big announcement if Apple is going to do it tomorrow?
    Specifics, other information about other releases, etc?

All I was saying is that Apple is the most likely source of the carriers the phone will be carried on.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    10-03-2011 05:06 PM
    Apple doesn't provide a live feed. So they're going to ATTEMPT to patch into a non-existent feed? Puh-leeze. This is a blatant attempt to get people to watch their channel. They'll probably be doing a meta-liveblog where they sit around commenting on what real live bloggers are posting. I'd watch TiPb or TWiT.tv if you want to see that.
    So it gives them some hits...what's the hurt in checking it to see if they got a live feed up around show time and if not, leaving and watching a live blog? It's not going to hurt me at all if they get traffic, even if it is blatantly for the purpose of driving people to the site with no real intention of having the live feed...it's not like we are locked in on their website all day, lol...nobody is twisting arms here to check it out.
    10-03-2011 05:23 PM
    Regardless of how quickly they put the keynotes into iTunes am I right in thinking that the Apple websites across the world usually reflect new products very quickly so all the info will be available.

---
    I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=53.982905,-1.537224
    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    10-03-2011 07:27 PM
    It's late but I normally follow cnet's live blog; they always have someone there and are more new oriented IMO than most others.

I wish Apple would do the live stream like they did a few years back with the Safari only live feed. That was awesome. Was that for iOS 3 preview? Can't remember now.
    10-03-2011 07:48 PM
    Sprint's big announcement is about their Network Vision project. The iPhone announcement they'll make will definitely supplement the network upgrade project set to commence over the next few years.
    10-03-2011 11:34 PM
    I wish Apple would do the live stream like they did a few years back with the Safari only live feed. That was awesome. Was that for iOS 3 preview? Can't remember now.
    Apple live streamed last year's iPod event, but not the iPad 2 event earlier this year. I think they'll do a private stream of tomorrow for the press in Europe who couldn't make it.

One theory as to why they don't live stream the big events (iPhone & iPad) is because the limited access generates huge traffic in the blogosphere. Twitter, G+ and Facebook will be dominated by iPhone comments for most of tomorrow.
    10-03-2011 11:50 PM
    so where is the best place to catch live feed of this today?
    10-04-2011 09:16 AM
    so where is the best place to catch live feed of this today?
    There is no live feed to the public. Lots of live blogs. Scroll back in this thread to see suggestions on which sites are usually fastest posting photos.
    10-04-2011 09:43 AM
    There is no live feed to the public. Lots of live blogs. Scroll back in this thread to see suggestions on which sites are usually fastest posting photos.
    that's what I meant.. blogs, twitter etc..
    10-04-2011 09:50 AM
    It's late but I normally follow cnet's live blog; they always have someone there and are more new oriented IMO than most others.

I don't recall the product release/announcement, but it was a one-hit-wonder.
    10-04-2011 11:04 AM
    Two guys are tallking on the Vertex site, now. It starts in 15 minutes?? I thought it was an hour and 15!!
    10-04-2011 12:48 PM
    I think these guys will have photos:
    Macworld
    Arstechnica
    thisismynext

Andy Ihnatko with the Laporte crew are doing a video meta blog at: TWiT Live - netcasts you love, from people you trust

Edit: TiPb is supposed to also have a video meta blog on Ustream, but I couldn't find it.
    10-04-2011 12:50 PM
56 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD