STILL Think the iPhone 5 Won't Be Redesigned?

Still think it won't be redesigned?

• No, it won't be redesigned.

Votes: 18 24.0%
  • Yes, it will be redesigned.

Votes: 41 54.7%
  • Unsure.

Votes: 16 21.3%

• Total voters

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
EDIT: Looking more and more likely that it will not be redesigned... I will still hope for the best though. Haha

I don't mean to insult anyone's intelligence, but do you really still think that the iPhone 5 is not going to be redesigned after seeing this video?

iPhone 5 Cases - YouTube

Why on earth would this case manufacturer make all these cases if they were not sure of what was happening??? These look like quality cases, too. Not crappy 50 cent ones.

Last edited:

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
I think it's definitely a strong possibility especially since that's where they are manufactured.

Yes, and also, we know from last year already that Appple was masquerading iPhone 4s as 3GSs..

So I think that all the strong rumors that Apple will not be releasing a new design are coming from iPhone 4 bodies that Apple is using to test iPhone 5 parts.

redbeard

Mar 21, 2009
Visit site
I sure hope all these case manufacturer's are right, if Apple takes 16 months to come out with an iPhone 4 with a different chip that would be pathetic, and I doubt they would sell like some people think they will. Most of my family and friends have already switched to Android or Window's phones, every single one told me screen size is why.

By this time next year or 16 months from now when the iPhone 6 should be coming out, this "4s" would be as outdated as a 3G is now. Apple cannot be that dumb.

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
I sure hope all these case manufacturer's are right, if Apple takes 16 months to come out with an iPhone 4 with a different chip that would be pathetic, and I doubt they would sell like some people think they will. Most of my family and friends have already switched to Android or Window's phones, every single one told me screen size is why.

By this time next year or 16 months from now when the iPhone 6 should be coming out, this "4s" would be as outdated as a 3G is now. Apple cannot be that dumb.

I am actually strongly considering the Samsung Galaxy S2 because of the larger screen size.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thinkTwice

Jun 9, 2009
Visit site
It will be redesigned. That whole case-mate thing? It's to keep the public interested and it's a wink and a nod to a redesign. I'm wondering how big ppl here want the screen to be- I don't think they're really gonna increase the size, 3.7" maybe.

hoosieriphone

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
There is no doubt in my mind the Apple is going to introduce a new designed iPhone. As Redbeard put it, why would Apple take 16 months just for a dual-core chip. Plus... this is Tim Cook's first intro of a new iPhone and it will be a "WHOPPER of an iPhone". Believe it !!!! Apple isn't going to put Tim Cook up on the stage for the 1st time and have him show off an "upgraded" iPhone 4. Tuesday Oct. 4th can't come fast enough. It is going to be very exciting.

CG68

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
I'm hoping that it is a redesign and not just a spec bump. That will push me to use my upgrade with Vz that I have been sitting on for close to a year now.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
There is no doubt in my mind the Apple is going to introduce a new designed iPhone. As Redbeard put it, why would Apple take 16 months just for a dual-core chip. Plus... this is Tim Cook's first intro of a new iPhone and it will be a "WHOPPER of an iPhone". Believe it !!!! Apple isn't going to put Tim Cook up on the stage for the 1st time and have him show off an "upgraded" iPhone 4. Tuesday Oct. 4th can't come fast enough. It is going to be very exciting.

It could be because IOS5 is the main focus on this rather than the specs of the phone. I would hope they would upgrade more than just internals but I guess next week we will find out.

realdealio

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
I like the Tim Cook/Wow factor argument, it makes sense to have a product that would make a statement and also be its own, not an obvious "part 2". I am also hoping for a redesign, and cannot imagine they would risk the ho-hum of sticking with the same appearance right now

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
I like the Tim Cook/Wow factor argument, it makes sense to have a product that would make a statement and also be its own, not an obvious "part 2". I am also hoping for a redesign, and cannot imagine they would risk the ho-hum of sticking with the same appearance right now

Especially not after waiting 16 months... lol

boomhower1820

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site

Nit really relevant. The phone was already done when Steve left, not a lot they could change at that point. He just has to play the hand was dealt, knowing steves history it's a stacked deck.

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk

Edharv1

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
I think the people over at Apple are smart enough to realize that the growing presence of Android is a threat. When the 3g and 3gs came out there wasn't as much competition as there is now. Now you have Android phones with 4g capability, bigger screen sizes, and even a 3d feature in some. These type of companies hire analyst's to research these type of trends to find out what the people really want. Apple knows they have to bring it come October 4th, and a simple spec bump with the same body style won't cut it!

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I think the people over at Apple are smart enough to realize that the growing presence of Android is a threat. When the 3g and 3gs came out there wasn't as much competition as there is now. Now you have Android phones with 4g capability, bigger screen sizes, and even a 3d feature in some. These type of companies hire analyst's to research these type of trends to find out what the people really want. Apple knows they have to bring it come October 4th, and a simple spec bump with the same body style won't cut it!

I guess we will see if you are right come oct 4.

DrewBear

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site

It's obvious Apple knows what the competition is doing. But they rarely react by building feature for feature. They will not insert a 4G chip until 2012 and probably won't ever use a 3D camera. They may increase the screen size, but not to the 4.3-4.7" extreme of recent Android phones.

Apple also does not hire research analysts to identify trends. They set the trends. Apple doesn't ask people what they want. Steve Jobs once said, ?A lot of times, people don?t know what they want until you show it to them.?

This 5th gen iPhone may or may not have a striking physical redesign. Whatever it does have in terms of hardware & software improvements, people will know they want it once they see it.

dwfw

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
What if we're asking the wrong question?

I could see the answer to the question being YES, the iPhone 5 will be redesigned.

But what if this release is NOT the iPhone 5? What if it's the iPhone 4GS which is NOT a redesign - what if that's the Oct 4 announcement and the iPhone 5 comes later, say in the spring, about the anniversary date of the VZW iPhone?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711