Is anyone considering the Samsung Galaxy SII instead?

What are you considering spending YOUR money on?

• iPhone

Votes: 105 76.1%
  • Samsung Galaxy SII or Other Android

Votes: 26 18.8%
  • Mango Phones

Votes: 7 5.1%

• Total voters

durangojim#AC

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
I had a verizon iphone 4 for about a month in Feb/March. I really enjoyed many aspects of it, but I found it didn't do a couple of things as well for me as Android (maps being the main one) so I bought a thunderbolt. The phone's ok, but I love LTE. If Apple just releases an iphone 4s, then I'll probably get the nexus prime, if it releases a new iphone 5 with a larger screen, then I'll really have to consider it, but I sure will miss LTE.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I had a verizon iphone 4 for about a month in Feb/March. I really enjoyed many aspects of it, but I found it didn't do a couple of things as well for me as Android (maps being the main one) so I bought a thunderbolt. The phone's ok, but I love LTE. If Apple just releases an iphone 4s, then I'll probably get the nexus prime, if it releases a new iphone 5 with a larger screen, then I'll really have to consider it, but I sure will miss LTE.

Im in the same boat as you. Lte is nice but if apple makes the iphone with a larger screen I may switch.

dwayne.williams

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Well, they didn't make a phone with a bigger screen. I am very disappointed. After the announcement, I went out and bought the Epic Touch again. I'm just not understanding the direction that Apple is going in, but it doesn't seem to be the same direction everyone else is going in.

sent from my EPIC TOUCH 4G, GALAXY SII

ivan1.ruiz

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Well, they didn't make a phone with a bigger screen. I am very disappointed. After the announcement, I went out and bought the Epic Touch again. I'm just not understanding the direction that Apple is going in, but it doesn't seem to be the same direction everyone else is going in.

I guess they are well..... Thinking different :)

" Think different"

~ Steve Jobs ~

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I enjoyed lte but with how big and bulky it makes the phones and how they all seem to be plagued by a ton of issues I decided to go with the 4s. i mean hopefully in a year lte is more wide spread and all the issues are gone and hopefully better battery life. For me the hit in battery isnt worth the extra 2 seconds it takes to load web pages or download something.

Totalimmortal363

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site

Ever think Apple does that on purpose? Maybe they do not want to go in the same direction as everyone else....

It's worked quite well for them so far.

Dark_Blu

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
Galaxy S 2? You mean that Android phone that looks like an iPhone with a bigger screen but runs that bug ridden Gingerbread OS? HELL NO. Not even if they were free. Screw Android. Crappy user experience with Gingerbread equals HELL NO. The nerds can have it. I've got work and play to do and have no time for a life sucking abyss of a phone. iPHONE on SPRINT.

ilwhana

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
I don't like way how Samsung treat their products and the customers.
Samsung smartphone Omnia is recognize as piece of trash. Samsung ignores
Omnia user. This is going to happen to other product. Alike Apple, Samsung is
only concern about keep launching new smartphones. Because they only care
about their hardware, the software and its compatibility are awful.

Therefore, I will stay with iPhone. :p

CarrieMK

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
I don't like way how Samsung treat their products and the customers.
Samsung smartphone Omnia is recognize as piece of trash. Samsung ignores
Omnia user. This is going to happen to other product. Alike Apple, Samsung is
only concern about keep launching new smartphones. Because they only care
about their hardware, the software and its compatibility are awful.

Therefore, I will stay with iPhone. :p

What you say is true about Samsung in general. They are notorious for being slow to update, if ever. However, if you have a Nexus phone, it is an official "Google" phone and receives all software updates. I am happy with my NS4G and at free, the price was right :)

I would be willing to try the iPhone for myself, but I simply can't afford it. One thing about Android is that there are options for those of us who don't have as much disposable income.

2xchapter

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Went to sprint store last night to check out the galaxy s2 but didn't like it, only think i liked was the screen but the phone it self felt real flimsy to me. still a great phone.

iphone4s 32gb here i come!

Seymour324

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
I tried to be unaffected by my previous experiences with my old android devices when I borrowed a friends galaxy s2 for a day and I again did not like it at all all the hardware specs amounted to nothing due to the software not being optimized for it. Personally I'd like a balanced phone that's hardware matches it's software than a overpowered phone with IMO under performing software. That's why I'm on an iPhone 4 now and preordered a iPhone 4S. Also again IMO I think these new specs on phones are getting completely ridiculous. I'm not complaining I'll take any advances in technology I'm given but honestly how much faster can they make my phone?

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=42.686259,-73.825464

LocoStrange

Mar 29, 2009
Visit site
I was debating it but Samsung is just pushing out phones out their wazoo. Its like they are trying to release new phones every month or even multiple ones per month. If that wasnt enough, their lack of quality is showing by making so many new phones. As a result, support for your phone will end in about 6 months or 1 year because by then, they could have had 6+ new phones. At least with iPhone, it takes years for that to occur.

CLIENTAV

Aug 28, 2011
Visit site
Peaon

I have both a ss2, and a iPhone 4. I will buy a iPhone 4s att 64 as soon as the hype is over and the first run reports are out,,,,,,,,

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I was debating it but Samsung is just pushing out phones out their wazoo. Its like they are trying to release new phones every month or even multiple ones per month. If that wasnt enough, their lack of quality is showing by making so many new phones. As a result, support for your phone will end in about 6 months or 1 year because by then, they could have had 6+ new phones. At least with iPhone, it takes years for that to occur.

I agree and they do not support their phones here in the US worth anything. They make some nice products but I won't buy something that is only going to be supported for 6 months when I have a 2 year contract.

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
I agree and they do not support their phones here in the US worth anything. They make some nice products but I won't buy something that is only going to be supported for 6 months when I have a 2 year contract.

Yep.. It's unfortunate but it's like I said before, devices are a commitment for Apple.

When Apple releases an iPhone it's like an affluent couple adopting a baby from a third-world country. When Samsung releases a phone, it's like Amber Portwood on Teen Mom.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Yep.. It's unfortunate but it's like I said before, devices are a commitment for Apple.

When Apple releases an iPhone it's like an affluent couple adopting a baby from a third-world country. When Samsung releases a phone, it's like Amber Portwood on Teen Mom.

hahahah alot of neglect and abuse lol. Love the teen mom reference lmao

timberga

Jun 24, 2009
Visit site
Not even considering it, not for a second. Played with it, no thanks.

Ya know, you need to use something for more than a second to really get a feel.....I came from an iphone 4 to the AT&T SGSII and here are my observations:

Screen:

- Love the bigger vivid screen on the SII, the ~3.5" iPhone screen is getting old.....I think 4" is the "sweet spot" so I'm expecting Apple to migrate there next year.

Battery:

- iPhone battery is better in this department. I made the same amount of tweaks to my GSII as I did to my iPhone to get better battery life. This is the sole reason I might get a 4S honestly......it's THAT important to me.

O/S:

- Mostly a wash overall, 2.3.4 Android is way better than when I tried out Android with the AT&T Captivate (GSI)

Applications:

- Apple apps just appear to have a bit more polish on them, but the app selection is just fine on Android so far. As far as "crashing" apps....I haven't experienced any crashes so far on my GSII, while on my iPhone 4 I had apps crashing daily.

GPS:

- They both perform well, although I feel the iphone GPS lock is a tweak quicker overall.

I hope this helps people in making decisions on what to buy.....I'm still evaluating myself.

buci1er

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
Ok, well, here's the story. I got the Samsung Galaxy SII. I've played with it a little more than a week now. I have to say, it's a phenomenal Android phone. However, just 5 minutes ago, I cut my SGSII SIM so I can put it back in my iPhone 4 until Friday. The SGSII is NOT a bad phone. It's a good phone with a mediocre OS on it(depending on who you ask.) The screen is VERY nice. The phone is very snappy. I enjoyed the overall experience of the phone. I just couldn't put up with the stupid lag you would get for NO reason whatsoever. The constant minding of the Task Manager widget. The resolution of the screen is apparent on websites, movies and games.

In summation, I just think the iPhone is a much more polished product. There was definitely WAY more thought put into the iPhone than the competition. It's obvious when you play with what's out there.

sorry if I offend anyone with this post.

timberga

Jun 24, 2009
Visit site
Ok, well, here's the story. I got the Samsung Galaxy SII. I've played with it a little more than a week now. I have to say, it's a phenomenal Android phone. However, just 5 minutes ago, I cut my SGSII SIM so I can put it back in my iPhone 4 until Friday. The SGSII is NOT a bad phone. It's a good phone with a mediocre OS on it(depending on who you ask.) The screen is VERY nice. The phone is very snappy. I enjoyed the overall experience of the phone. I just couldn't put up with the stupid lag you would get for NO reason whatsoever. The constant minding of the Task Manager widget. The resolution of the screen is apparent on websites, movies and games.

In summation, I just think the iPhone is a much more polished product. There was definitely WAY more thought put into the iPhone than the competition. It's obvious when you play with what's out there.

sorry if I offend anyone with this post.

Lag? Where at? I'm yet to experience it yet on the GSII.

Also, I don't use task manager either, not sure why you needed to. Care to elaborate a bit.

I totally agree that the iPhone is a more polished product overall....Google has yet to "polish" the O/S up across the board.....

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2