Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys I'm due for upgrade and its looking like I'm going to be coming over form android. In my time lurking around the site i thought i saw a good breakdown of a I5 and I4 comparison of the two phones but i haven't been able to find it could someone point me in the direction of the comparison? If there are no major differences i will probably just get the Iphone 4.

DrewBear

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys I'm due for upgrade and its looking like I'm going to be coming over form android. In my time lurking around the site i thought i saw a good breakdown of a I5 and I4 comparison of the two phones but i haven't been able to find it could someone point me in the direction of the comparison? If there are no major differences i will probably just get the Iphone 4.

Welcome to the forum, Rider. Right now we only have rumors about the iP5. I think the bare minimum is it'll have the faster A5 processor (dual-core) and better cameras. If you're in the U.S. and buy it subsidized, I think it's worth the extra $100 to get the 5. Hopefully we'll know more in ~10 days.

Just out of curiosity, what Android phone are you currently using and why are you deciding to move to the iPhone? There was a recent survey (based on ~500 people) that reported 9 of 10 iPhone users plan to stick with the iPhone, while only 6 of 10 Android users plan to stick with Android (3 of them plan to switch to iPhone). I just wish they'd give more detail on why people are making such plans.

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to the forum, Rider. Right now we only have rumors about the iP5. I think the bare minimum is it'll have the faster A5 processor (dual-core) and better cameras. If you're in the U.S. and buy it subsidized, I think it's worth the extra $100 to get the 5. Hopefully we'll know more in ~10 days.

Just out of curiosity, what Android phone are you currently using and why are you deciding to move to the iPhone? There was a recent survey (based on ~500 people) that reported 9 of 10 iPhone users plan to stick with the iPhone, while only 6 of 10 Android users plan to stick with Android (3 of them plan to switch to iPhone). I just wish they'd give more detail on why people are making such plans.

As far as why I'm switching i guess i have never been loyal to just one OS of phone weather it be android, palm, rim, or HP. I'm looking for one that really meets my needs and have yet to try the Iphone so if i like this one i will stick with it. Along with the fact that it seems like all the android based phones from vzw seem like they are turning it on small tablets with the size of the phone going bigger and bigger i am really not liking where they are going with that. I mean my wives new Samsung Charge is almost 6 inches long....too big if you ask me.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I mean my wives new Samsung Charge is almost 6 inches long....too big if you ask me.[/QUOTE]

So she can handle it but you can't? Do you have tiny hands?

DrewBear

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I find it interesting that Android phones are getting as large as 5.3" and the best selling Android tablets are hovering around 7". So people want giant phones and small tablets? :confused:

I wouldn't mind if Apple made the iPhone a bit larger; maybe up to 4". But I like the size of the iPad as-is, just with a higher resolution screen so text is as sharp as on the iPhone.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I find it interesting that Android phones are getting as large as 5.3" and the best selling Android tablets are hovering around 7". So people want giant phones and small tablets? :confused:

I wouldn't mind if Apple made the iPhone a bit larger; maybe up to 4". But I like the size of the iPad as-is, just with a higher resolution screen so text is as sharp as on the iPhone.

I think 4" would be perfect size. no need to go higher stick with retina display at 4" for those who want something a little larger.

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site

Couldn't agree more with you.

tmadsen

May 28, 2009
Visit site
I've had an iPhone and currently have an Evo. I really like/liked both. The only way I think I would change back to an iPhone is if the screen size goes up some. I love the size of the Evo screen, which makes watching videos and some games really enjoyable. I was playing with my dad's iPhone 4 over the weekend, and while I really miss certain things about it sometimes (the speed of the camera, the smoothness of iOS), I wouldn't make a move unless the screen size was around 4". I feel spoiled. :D

BiG BaLLA 923

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
4 inches would be so ideal! That truly would be awesome if that was what it was. My good friend has the evo too and I do like the size compared to my iPhone but if the size doesn't go up it would still be a good device.

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
I like the idea of 4" but I don't know if I really like the size, or I just really like the idea of a new design. I use the device one-handed sometimes when I am going about my business, and my hands are pretty average-sized, not necessarily big for a man. It would suck if I could no longer comfortably use the phone one-handed. Although, having a curved back would definitely help the situation.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73