What's going on Apple? I want my damn next beta or GM. You're pushing on a month in between beta 7 and whatever is next. Even iTunes 10.5 is on beta 8. You just cleared my iCloud backup yesterday. Just saying......
    09-23-2011 03:46 PM
    So, uh.. just kinda putting it out there.. but if the beta releases are few and far between, that means pretty much all of the bugs have been squashed.. and it's ready for prime time.

Relax, mang. ha
    09-23-2011 10:30 PM
    So, uh.. just kinda putting it out there.. but if the beta releases are few and far between, that means pretty much all of the bugs have been squashed.. and it's ready for prime time.

Relax, mang. ha
    Oh, if that were only true. Unfortunately there are still plenty of reported bugs that haven't been fixed in any released version of iOS 5. Beta 8/GM will be out soon, and hopefully will have fixed the problems, but just because there's not a new beta yet doesn't mean that the software is fully "cooked".
    09-23-2011 10:51 PM
    Oh, if that were only true. Unfortunately there are still plenty of reported bugs that haven't been fixed in any released version of iOS 5. Beta 8/GM will be out soon, and hopefully will have fixed the problems, but just because there's not a new beta yet doesn't mean that the software is fully "cooked".
    I could tell you about multiple bugs I noticed within iOS 4 that were not fixed for the entire god damn year.

There are always some bugs that so few people notice them that they don't end up getting fixed.
    09-24-2011 12:22 AM
    09-24-2011 11:19 AM
    How romantic.
    09-24-2011 12:35 PM
    It is like getting a steak, that is still extra rare. Or a Veggie Burger, that is still frozen. (I am a vegetarian). Damn You Apple!
    09-26-2011 12:04 PM
    It is like getting a steak, that is still extra rare. Or a Veggie Burger, that is still frozen. (I am a vegetarian). Damn You Apple!
    I'm a carnivore - tell me what's wrong with a extra rare steak?

Back on subject... iOS 5 is not ready. I don't understand the delay, but I am not in charge of making those decisions. According to the bug reports that I've seen, there are still a number of problems that range from nits to potential show-stoppers. It's been 26 days since beta 7 was released (Aug 31), and about 2-3 weeks away from the rumored release day (about a week out from the rumored announcement day). Hopefully we'll see something in the way of a new beta soon.

Garz, are you hearing anything?
    09-26-2011 12:22 PM
    umm, a GM would be nice right about now..
    09-27-2011 03:15 PM
    Last year the GM was released on the announcement day.
    BLiNK likes this.
    09-27-2011 05:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD