RUMOR!!! 2 iphones this year at different times?

DrewBear

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
"LTE iPhone in 2012" is not "2 iphones this year at different times". JMO, here's what may arrive this October:

? 5th gen. iPhone: very high probability
? iPhone 4s/4+/prepaid/mid-range: mild probability
? LTE iPhone: extremely low probability

If the first two phones are announced, it'll probably be at the same time.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
"LTE iPhone in 2012" is not "2 iphones this year at different times". JMO, here's what may arrive this October:

? 5th gen. iPhone: very high probability
? iPhone 4s/4+/prepaid/mid-range: mild probability
? LTE iPhone: extremely low probability

If the first two phones are announced, it'll probably be at the same time.

Well yeah technically it wouldn't be in the same year but what I meant was the possibility of 2 iphones without the usual 1 year time frame in between their launches.

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
I kind of think that October will be the new iPhone release period from this year onward. I don't think Apple will release another iPhone only 8-9 months after the iPhone 5.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I kind of think that October will be the new iPhone release period from this year onward. I don't think Apple will release another iPhone only 8-9 months after the iPhone 5.

What if they changed it to the new lower memory model in July and then the new one in oct. i could see them going with an Oct release and maybe an early next year release to go along with the new iPad.

DrewBear

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Remember that because of the way Apple chooses to do business, they can't change models with the same frequency other manufacturers do. They've been making essentially (with minor changes) the same 3GS model for over 2 yrs. and the iPhone 4 will have at least the same life span. This is the only way they can lock in component pricing and supply for the extremely steep production ramps. They're going to have to go from zero to 10 million per month for this 5th gen iPhone. That takes $billions in long term commitments to pull that off smoothly. Even then, it took them 5-6 months before supply of iPhone 4 met demand. I'm sure Tim Cook wants to shorten the time it takes to meet demand.

Compare that to Samsung with the Galaxy S2. How many different screen sizes and configurations do they build for the various cell carriers? Yet with all those production gyrations, Samsung will be lucky to sell 10 million units over the course of one year. So why would Apple "fix" what is not broken?

New iPad in Mar./Apr. and new iPhone in Sep./Oct. sounds like a devastating iOS 1-2 punch. Sprinkle in new iPods and Macs throughout the rest of the year and you've got the tech press buzzing about Apple pretty much 24/7.

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
What if they changed it to the new lower memory model in July and then the new one in oct. i could see them going with an Oct release and maybe an early next year release to go along with the new iPad.

I really don't think they will. They can always change it and do whatever they want, but Apple has benefited a LOT from giving their users a one upgrade per year cycle.

redbeard

Mar 21, 2009
Visit site

easyrun99

Jan 14, 2010
Visit site
Well yeah technically it wouldn't be in the same year but what I meant was the possibility of 2 iphones without the usual 1 year time frame in between their launches.

But that story doesn't speculate about the time frame between the iPhone 5 and the LTE phone...so really, this seems to be your rumor pasted on top of a story that actually fits well with the other rumors of an "emerging markets" iPhone and non-LTE iPhone 5 being introduced next week.

dwfw

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
If this is true (and I doubt that it is), there will be a lot of people pi$$ed about burning their upgrade for the October 2011 phone when the new one comes out shortly afterwards. I know that I would be.

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
If this is true (and I doubt that it is), there will be a lot of people pi$$ed about burning their upgrade for the October 2011 phone when the new one comes out shortly afterwards. I know that I would be.

Ever year we have rumors about mid-life upgrades.. It never happens. As you can see, now that we're in October with no iPhone yet, Apple would rather wait longer than usual.

People already complain in massive outcries whenever a new Apple devices comes out (because they are stupid). Apple doesn't want to make that perception of their brand even worse.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73