Probable iPhone 5 resolution increase [Mockup]

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
So, a lot of people have been saying that at 4" the iPhone's display will no longer be considered a "retina display", because he ppi will drop below 300.

Personally I don't think this is what Apple would/should be concerned with. I think Apple would be more concerned with the size of the touch points, relative to their size on the iPhone 4's display.

If you simply increase the screen size by .5" and keep the same resolution, all of the buttons and on-screen controls will be a bit bigger. Apple might have a problem with this, because they are all about keeping the touch points across all devices very similar in size.

So, I think if Apple were to increase the resolution again this year, it would only be by a small amount in order to keep the pixel density and also keep the size of the buttons and controls the same. I made this comparison image to show how the iPhone 5's display (@ 720x1080 px) would keep the same size UI controls (using the same retina display source images), while allowing for larger content areas, which convey more information.

iprescompare.jpg

Last edited:

Skier1960

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
Nice mock-up.What I really hope is that were all wrong and they come out with some BLOCKBUSTER of a new phone.(or two) Not Apples style, but YA Never Know..:):) Ya got to dream big.:)

dublex

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
I like the pictures by the names in the messages app. This would go well with the new iMessage feature.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods