09-21-2011 07:04 AM
    They would pick my birthday..

Let's see, I would like a larger screen...:o
    Adawg1203 likes this.
    09-21-2011 07:23 AM
    We have yet to receive official word on this
    so would this be considered a "rumor"? thread title change please
    09-21-2011 07:28 AM
    Why should I? None of the media sources like engadget or BGR have it as a rumor. So if the mods want to change the title they can and I am fine with that.
    09-21-2011 07:43 AM
    The first line of the article you posted reads...

We have yet to receive official word on this
    ...which is just another way to say "We heard a rumor that"...so yes, rumor.
    09-21-2011 07:58 AM
    Apparently it's not "official", but it's well sourced.
    09-21-2011 08:05 AM
    Thanks for posting this. I was really hoping for an announcement before this. I hope these 2 weeks fly by, lol.
    09-21-2011 08:23 AM
    Why should I? None of the media sources like engadget or BGR have it as a rumor. So if the mods want to change the title they can and I am fine with that.
    I don't see any reason to change your thread either. There are plenty of other sites that are reporting it this way as well. Besides, people will open the link and draw their own conclusions from it anyway.
    09-21-2011 08:27 AM
    Even if it wasn't a rumor trolls would be on it like white on rice...

The feeling I get from all these comments I have been reading on TIPB lately is that people are really anxious bc they aren't getting their iPhone on the one year cycle Apple has gotten us accustomed to. This has lead to lashing out via the boards.

Does Apple know the ripple affect they have on forums such as this one??? I wonder...
    09-21-2011 08:52 AM
    Even if it wasn't a rumor trolls would be on it like white on rice...

The feeling I get from all these comments I have been reading on TIPB lately is that people are really anxious bc they aren't getting their iPhone on the one year cycle Apple has gotten us accustomed to. This has lead to lashing out via the boards.

Does Apple know the ripple affect they have on forums such as this one??? I wonder...
    Frankly, I really don't think Apple gives a dang. I'm sure they are enjoying all the hype that this continued silence is bringing. Btw, people aren't just anxious here on TiPb, tensions are running high on other Apple forums as well.
    09-21-2011 09:00 AM
    I don't see any reason to change your thread either. There are plenty of other sites that are reporting it this way as well. Besides, people will open the link and draw their own conclusions from it anyway.
    This ripple across "plenty of other sites" is simply because one of the big blogs got ahold of this rumor and ran with it...and while it certainly does add a little more credibility to the source, it's still very much a rumor. There were rumors from the big websites for weeks about Tmobile getting the iPhone this year, and you see how that turned out...bottom line, until Apple says "We will have an announcement on ____", it's all speculative.

The part I'm not too keen on right now though is the big fiasco we're looking at if they decide to have an announcement, then a short period later have pre orders and almost immediately have it released...if the Oct. 15th rumor is to be believed, you're talking about a matter of a couple of weeks for all of this stuff to happen...across a larger audience now that it seems Sprint will be on the docket...and this will be the first time Verizon has released an iPhone at the same time as AT&T. One would hope the spreading of the sales across a broader band would help, but for some reason, i can't see how this will go smoother than previous launches with just a couple of week window.
    09-21-2011 09:04 AM
    This ripple across "plenty of other sites" is simply because one of the big blogs got ahold of this rumor and ran with it...and while it certainly does add a little more credibility to the source, it's still very much a rumor. There were rumors from the big websites for weeks about Tmobile getting the iPhone this year, and you see how that turned out...bottom line, until Apple says "We will have an announcement on ____", it's all speculative.

The part I'm not too keen on right now though is the big fiasco we're looking at if they decide to have an announcement, then a short period later have pre orders and almost immediately have it released...if the Oct. 15th rumor is to be believed, you're talking about a matter of a couple of weeks for all of this stuff to happen...across a larger audience now that it seems Sprint will be on the docket...and this will be the first time Verizon has released an iPhone at the same time as AT&T. One would hope the spreading of the sales across a broader band would help, but for some reason, i can't see how this will go smoother than previous launches with just a couple of week window.
    I don't disagree that this is a rumor at this point until confirmed, but I do think it is more credible than others that I've seen. IMHO, it is too early to speculate on whether or not the launch is going to go as smoothly as it had with past iPhones. I'm going to keep a positive outlook on this by thinking the launch will go better than it has in the past. Anyway, I'm just glad that the wait for it is almost over and things can go back to normal on the Apple boards again, lol.
    Last edited by Irish Rose; 09-21-2011 at 09:35 AM. Reason: Typo
    09-21-2011 09:14 AM
    Well who knows what apple might have in store for the people waiting in line to get their hands on one of these devices, but what always comes to my mind is, what next? iphone 6? what after ipad 3?
    09-21-2011 09:44 AM
    Don't let women see those tendencies bc they will see you coming a mile away and pass... LOL
    09-21-2011 09:56 AM
    Don't let women see those tendencies bc they will see you coming a mile away and pass... LOL
    What???
    Last edited by Irish Rose; 09-21-2011 at 11:00 AM.
    09-21-2011 10:48 AM
    Fox News even reported this unconfirmed rumor. Do they even do any research 1st. They reported it today. Does any news source fact check?
    09-21-2011 03:03 PM
    Fox News even reported this unconfirmed rumor. Do they even do any research 1st. They reported it today. Does any news source fact check?

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk
    09-21-2011 03:12 PM
    TV News sources don't know or care much about tech news, so they don't really take the time to fact check that stuff.

And FOX doesn't fact check things anyway, they have about 50 million correspondents on their channel that will tell you that Global Warming does not exist to protect their billionaire corporate interests...
    redbeard likes this.
    09-21-2011 03:37 PM
    What is the typical time frame for release after announcement? If the announcement is indeed 10/4 then would release be exactly a week after? 2 weeks?
    09-21-2011 04:24 PM
    They would pick my birthday..

Let's see, I would like a larger screen...:o
    Happy early birthday !!!
    09-21-2011 04:29 PM
    What is the typical time frame for release after announcement? If the announcement is indeed 10/4 then would release be exactly a week after? 2 weeks?
    that's the thing. nothing has been typical for this time of year, even down to the beta releases (beta 5 or 6 on a Saturday?)

your guess is as good as anyone else
    Last edited by BLiNK; 09-21-2011 at 04:37 PM.
    09-21-2011 04:35 PM
    Rumor is a rumor until Apple announces it. They "always" come from well known sources. Just as beta 8 was suppose to drop last Friday by other sites "very reliable" sources. This very well might be real but I did change it to rumor until it is confirmed so people dont get confused.
    09-21-2011 05:18 PM
    I think these kind of rumours are fun. No kidding. This one rumour could be true, or maybe not. I don't think anyone should get upset about any of this stuff.

P.S I hope this one is true.
    09-21-2011 05:43 PM
    iPhone News twitter account reports only one iPhone will be released and it's the iPhone 4Gs. Please don't shoot me like I said it was on their twitter feed. Sorry if this has already been mentioned = )

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    09-21-2011 05:55 PM
    iPhone News twitter account reports only one iPhone will be released and it's the iPhone 4Gs. Please don't shoot me like I said it was on their twitter feed. Sorry if this has already been mentioned = )

And once again what so they know? Just speculation.

09-21-2011 05:56 PM
74 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD