The Galaxy II seems nice but man is it big!!! its at least an inch longer than the iphone 4 thats pretty big in your pocket!!
    09-23-2011 07:05 AM
    so you guys are going to get both? work and personal?
    I won't get both. I'll get the Samsung Galaxy S2 first to test it out since that will be out before the iPhone 5. If I don't like it, I'll return it and wait for the iPhone 5 to come out.
    09-23-2011 08:10 AM
    The Galaxy II seems nice but man is it big!!! its at least an inch longer than the iphone 4 thats pretty big in your pocket!!
    It really isn't as big as it looks and from what I have read it does fit easily in the pocket, which is good enough for me. The larger 4.3" screen, and 8MP camera sold me on it.
    09-23-2011 08:12 AM
    Why should I? None of the media sources like engadget or BGR have it as a rumor. So if the mods want to change the title they can and I am fine with that.
    It cant be judged if its a rumor or a legal announcement. lets wait until Apple says a word about this....
    09-23-2011 08:26 AM
    I don't see any reason to change your thread either. There are plenty of other sites that are reporting it this way as well. Besides, people will open the link and draw their own conclusions from it anyway.
    very true.. i agree with your comments
    09-23-2011 08:28 AM
    It's actually not that big in your pocket. I came from the HTC EVO which is the same size before switching and I absolutely loved the size of it. It's really the only thing that I miss.
    09-23-2011 11:51 AM
    All Things D claims that the Oct. 4th Apple event will be held in Cupertino. Swisher goes on to say that the new phone would be "quite different" and would hit the shelves around the 15th. She ends with the caveat that Apple likes surprises and anything could happen.

This site is a part of the Wall Street Journal "family" and the reporters have real sources rather than just passing on rumors from other sites. Their recent track record is pretty good. Just note the caveat they end with.

Oct. 4th event in Cupertino
    iPhone "quite different" (assume that means physical appearance)
    availability ~a week later
    09-23-2011 03:34 PM
    All Things D claims that the Oct. 4th Apple event will be held in Cupertino. Swisher goes on to say that the new phone would be "quite different" and would hit the shelves around the 15th. She ends with the caveat that Apple likes surprises and anything could happen.

This site is a part of the Wall Street Journal "family" and the reporters have real sources rather than just passing on rumors from other sites. Their recent track record is pretty good. Just note the caveat they end with.

Oct. 4th event in Cupertino
    iPhone "quite different" (assume that means physical appearance)
    availability ~a week later
    Prepare for your assertion to be smacked down by the hand of 'god'. :P
    09-23-2011 03:45 PM
    Prepare for your assertion to be smacked down by the hand of 'god'. :P
    LOL. No, I did not assert anything. I'm just repeating what ATD said. The "hand" can smack them.
    09-23-2011 04:49 PM
    I can't wait for to see what they really do, if anything on the 4th.
    09-25-2011 03:03 PM
    Until I have a live real actual iPhone 5 that makes calls and does everything my iPhone 4 does now iswhen I will believe its in the market to the public.

I am trying to not get too aught up in all the hype about cases and everything else and announement days and so on.

When it happens it happens and when you have one on your hand then you will know for sure.
    09-25-2011 03:21 PM
    I would expect rumor-ville to be turned up a notch this week, from all of the increased anticipation of what's to come next week.

Stay tuned...
    09-26-2011 06:40 AM
    Even if it wasn't a rumor trolls would be on it like white on rice...

The feeling I get from all these comments I have been reading on TIPB lately is that people are really anxious bc they aren't getting their iPhone on the one year cycle Apple has gotten us accustomed to. This has lead to lashing out via the boards.

Does Apple know the ripple affect they have on forums such as this one??? I wonder...
    Good point. This just may be why people seem extra edgy lately.
    09-26-2011 07:34 AM
    i think the biggest issue is that you have the 3GS folks with an upgrade on their line burning a hole in their pockets.

Anticipation is good and all but it's worse when you only need to spend 199 instead of 699.....lol
    09-26-2011 12:43 PM
    i think the biggest issue is that you have the 3GS folks with an upgrade on their line burning a hole in their pockets.
    Let's not forget the folks with the original Droid and other 1st gen Android phones. The next 3 months are going to be massive for iPhone sales.
    09-26-2011 12:57 PM
    oh, when will it really come true. tired to wait, wait.....
    09-27-2011 05:50 AM
    Can the mods change this title to "OFFICIAL" now please..

thanks,
    redbeard likes this.
    09-27-2011 11:25 AM
    Can the mods change this title to "OFFICIAL" now please..

thanks,
    Well, the information it came from was still a rumor, regardless of whether or not it turned out to be true.
    09-27-2011 11:33 AM
    The info I saw was on Macworld and they haven't had any rumor's printed on their site.

DJ
    09-27-2011 11:54 AM
    09-27-2011 12:03 PM
    Yes but the thread was created before it was confirmed. The information the thread is based on is still a rumor, even though it turned out to be true. :P
    09-27-2011 12:33 PM
    friends, i read on a blog (i-padnews.com) that facebook iPad app is also releasing in that special media event on October 4. I am happy and willing to download it as it releases on App Store. I feel upset about the delay that Facebook Developers did but its never too late for it.
    09-28-2011 08:43 AM
    i guess we can remove the "Rumor" part from the title of the thread now, mods?
    09-28-2011 09:41 AM
    09-28-2011 10:03 AM
74 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD