Apple's Next Media Event Oct 4th...

DreamOutLoud65

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Why should I? None of the media sources like engadget or BGR have it as a rumor. So if the mods want to change the title they can and I am fine with that.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Why should I? None of the media sources like engadget or BGR have it as a rumor. So if the mods want to change the title they can and I am fine with that.

I don't see any reason to change your thread either. There are plenty of other sites that are reporting it this way as well. Besides, people will open the link and draw their own conclusions from it anyway.

anon(5298)

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Even if it wasn't a rumor trolls would be on it like white on rice...

The feeling I get from all these comments I have been reading on TIPB lately is that people are really anxious bc they aren't getting their iPhone on the one year cycle Apple has gotten us accustomed to. This has lead to lashing out via the boards.

Does Apple know the ripple affect they have on forums such as this one??? I wonder...

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Even if it wasn't a rumor trolls would be on it like white on rice...

The feeling I get from all these comments I have been reading on TIPB lately is that people are really anxious bc they aren't getting their iPhone on the one year cycle Apple has gotten us accustomed to. This has lead to lashing out via the boards.

Does Apple know the ripple affect they have on forums such as this one??? I wonder...

Frankly, I really don't think Apple gives a dang. I'm sure they are enjoying all the hype that this continued silence is bringing. Btw, people aren't just anxious here on TiPb, tensions are running high on other Apple forums as well.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I don't see any reason to change your thread either. There are plenty of other sites that are reporting it this way as well. Besides, people will open the link and draw their own conclusions from it anyway.

This ripple across "plenty of other sites" is simply because one of the big blogs got ahold of this rumor and ran with it...and while it certainly does add a little more credibility to the source, it's still very much a rumor. There were rumors from the big websites for weeks about Tmobile getting the iPhone this year, and you see how that turned out...bottom line, until Apple says "We will have an announcement on ____", it's all speculative.

The part I'm not too keen on right now though is the big fiasco we're looking at if they decide to have an announcement, then a short period later have pre orders and almost immediately have it released...if the Oct. 15th rumor is to be believed, you're talking about a matter of a couple of weeks for all of this stuff to happen...across a larger audience now that it seems Sprint will be on the docket...and this will be the first time Verizon has released an iPhone at the same time as AT&T. One would hope the spreading of the sales across a broader band would help, but for some reason, i can't see how this will go smoother than previous launches with just a couple of week window.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
This ripple across "plenty of other sites" is simply because one of the big blogs got ahold of this rumor and ran with it...and while it certainly does add a little more credibility to the source, it's still very much a rumor. There were rumors from the big websites for weeks about Tmobile getting the iPhone this year, and you see how that turned out...bottom line, until Apple says "We will have an announcement on ____", it's all speculative.

The part I'm not too keen on right now though is the big fiasco we're looking at if they decide to have an announcement, then a short period later have pre orders and almost immediately have it released...if the Oct. 15th rumor is to be believed, you're talking about a matter of a couple of weeks for all of this stuff to happen...across a larger audience now that it seems Sprint will be on the docket...and this will be the first time Verizon has released an iPhone at the same time as AT&T. One would hope the spreading of the sales across a broader band would help, but for some reason, i can't see how this will go smoother than previous launches with just a couple of week window.
I don't disagree that this is a rumor at this point until confirmed, but I do think it is more credible than others that I've seen. IMHO, it is too early to speculate on whether or not the launch is going to go as smoothly as it had with past iPhones. I'm going to keep a positive outlook on this by thinking the launch will go better than it has in the past. Anyway, I'm just glad that the wait for it is almost over and things can go back to normal on the Apple boards again, lol.

Last edited:

Eric Gunther

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
Well who knows what apple might have in store for the people waiting in line to get their hands on one of these devices, but what always comes to my mind is, what next? iphone 6? what after ipad 3?

tewest86

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
Fox News even reported this unconfirmed rumor. Do they even do any research 1st. They reported it today. Does any news source fact check?

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Fox News even reported this unconfirmed rumor. Do they even do any research 1st. They reported it today. Does any news source fact check?

Survey%20Says%20-%20NO!.gif

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site

TV News sources don't know or care much about tech news, so they don't really take the time to fact check that stuff.

And FOX doesn't fact check things anyway, they have about 50 million correspondents on their channel that will tell you that Global Warming does not exist to protect their billionaire corporate interests...

realdealio

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
What is the typical time frame for release after announcement? If the announcement is indeed 10/4 then would release be exactly a week after? 2 weeks?