can you see your notifications on your lock screen even if you set up a password.. how does that work ? do you first put in your code and then see the notification or first notification > slide > input password> go to app ?
    09-19-2011 08:18 PM
    You don't get the whole notification screen on the lock screen like you do when you pull down the notification center.
    09-19-2011 08:50 PM
    But can you see your notifications without putting in your password? I think that's what he's asking. And if so, will acting on a notification then prompt you for the password before opening an app?
    bbqsanchez likes this.
    09-19-2011 09:15 PM
    yes, you see the notifications. yes, if you "act on" a notification (i.e., slide to reply, etc.) you will have to enter your password to continue
    bbqsanchez likes this.
    09-19-2011 10:04 PM
    There is the option under Notifications / Messages to turn off the option of displaying that on the lock screen. But I don't see the old iOS 4.x option of defining WHAT is displayed - Alert, Alert with Sender, Alert with Sender and Message Content.
    09-19-2011 10:30 PM
    @dwfw yes I was looking for this option as well and I can't find it!
    09-20-2011 02:08 AM
    OH! Ok sorry for double post, but it turns out that you set the option on an app-specific level within the notification settings. Some apps have the option (multi-line notifications) while others do not.
    bbqsanchez likes this.
    09-20-2011 02:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD