JP Morgan reports 2 Iphones

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Another day, another analyst opens their mouth. All they are trying to do is pump up the stock value with rehashed information.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I belelive there will be 2 iPhones. The 4S and the iPhone 5. I just hope Apple confirms this when they finally make their announcement.

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
I really think the only reason these rumors are going around is because Apple needs to change the manufacturing method (and therefore the body) of the iPhone 4. Let's not forget Foxconn brought in special prototyping machines to mass-produce the iPhone 4. It would be nuts to think Apple is going to keep those around to manufacture their budget model when they could be using them for their new iPhone 5.

So since Apple has to change the body of the iPhone 4 slightly, there are new dimensions and such floating around and new parts. I think we will see an iPhone 4 with a curved, plastic back and a chrome siding/bezel, kind of like a mix between the 3GS and 4.

I really highly doubt that Apple will be releasing 2 new iPhone models not counting the iPhone 4 / its cheapo replacement.

DrewBear

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
We now expect two new iPhones. Our research indicates that there will be an iPhone 5 based on a lighter, thinner form factor that is GSM + CDMA capable, i.e., a "world-mode" smartphone. A second device (4-plus) based on the current iPhone 4 but with some minor improvements could target the midrange and focus on China. As for the current iPhone 4, we expect it to subsume 3GS as the lower-end offering.

It sounds like they're talking about two NEW phones plus the existing iPhone 4 = three iPhones. I'm not sure what they think the pricing will be. Normally there's a $100-150 gap between the current iPhone and the previous version. That's roughly $500-600 unsubsidized price. The 4+ is supposed to be "midrange", so I'm guessing they mean $300-400. I don't see Apple selling some thing that's 4-plus for less than the stock iP4.

So to break this down again, the new iPhone with iP4 taking the 3GS's place was expected from the beginning. This 4+ phone is the only "new" idea and that rumor has been around for a while also. Basically this analyst is saying nothing new.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
This just in. An NFL football team will win the super bowl.

no-way.gif