Where is the announcement?

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
And the 7th falls right in the middle of that:p

Yeah but if it was coming out the 7th why would they black out almost a week after that? Usually the first few days are the most and not an entire week. I am just saying that there are a million rumors so just because one ceo says it will be one day until Apple says when it will be these are all just to be taken with a huge grain of salt.

redbeard

Mar 21, 2009
Visit site
Yeah but if it was coming out the 7th why would they black out almost a week after that? Usually the first few days are the most and not an entire week. I am just saying that there are a million rumors so just because one ceo says it will be one day until Apple says when it will be these are all just to be taken with a huge grain of salt.

Cause they'll be busy selling every liquidmetal 27" iPhone 5 they can get their hands on???

sammyh85

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
To be fair I'm most bothered when we're going to see iOS 5. I'm happy with my iPhone 4 & can't get the new one till December/January anyway so I'm not to fussed. Just want the new notification system etc & I'll be happy! And preferably before I go on holiday ;)

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site

They usually black out the days leading up to and including the device launch, not after the launch. So I think you're right here.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I heard the date of releasing the new iPhone 5 is in Oct. Please be patient to wait.

I think the fact that that the new iPhone didn't come out around the time that it had in the past and that there still hasn't been any word yet from Apple is what has a lot of people so anxious right now. I'm fine with the wait as my iPhone 4 still looks and performs like it did 14 months ago when I got it.

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
Same... I'm on my 3rd refurb but I kept the original plastic on this one so the back didn't get scratched (the back glass is less scratch-resistant than the front glass for sure!!!). I tend not to use a case but it's still pretty perfect :)

It's funny cause a lot of people complain that it's fragile because of the glass but I drop it all the time and I have no scratches, plus with the older plastic phones it was impossible not to scratch them.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Same... I'm on my 3rd refurb but I kept the original plastic on this one so the back didn't get scratched (the back glass is less scratch-resistant than the front glass for sure!!!). I tend not to use a case but it's still pretty perfect :)

It's funny cause a lot of people complain that it's fragile because of the glass but I drop it all the time and I have no scratches, plus with the older plastic phones it was impossible not to scratch them.

I have kept mine in a Speck case from day one with a screen protector on the front as well as a protector on the back glass (over kill, I know, lol). I know what you're saying about the glass. I have dropped mine 3 times and no screen break or scratches occurred. I do think that the glass is fragile to a certain extent, however, I also believe it depends on how it lands and how far of a drop it was as to whether or not it will crack on impact.

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
Yeah, I think somehow the latest batches have had strengthened glass. Because when I first got my iPhone 4 I dropped it once and the screen got a long hairline crack. With this latest one just yesterday it smacked on the floor pretty damn hard twice and no damage what so ever.

tewest86

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
Has Apple even mentioned they were releasing a new iPhone this year? Ppl, Apple never said they were actually releasing one. We are just assuming because it's time. It would be so funny if Apple finally came out and said that a new phone will come out 2012. Why does Apple keep this so secretive? It's a dang cell phone for Christ sake. You would swear they were holding the nuclear codes. They could atleast tell us if they are or not and what devices without showing their competitors. Apple is probably in Cal laughing at us.

DrewBear

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Has Apple even mentioned they were releasing a new iPhone this year? Ppl, Apple never said they were actually releasing one. We are just assuming because it's time. It would be so funny if Apple finally came out and said that a new phone will come out 2012. Why does Apple keep this so secretive? It's a dang cell phone for Christ sake. You would swear they were holding the nuclear codes. They could atleast tell us if they are or not and what devices without showing their competitors. Apple is probably in Cal laughing at us.

It's very unlikely Apple would wait until 2012 to release the 5th gen. iPhone. Why so secretive? Because they want people to keep buying the iPhone 4 & 3GS. Simple.

Besides, would you rather they follow Samsung's example? They announced the Galaxy S2 phone in Feb. and released it in S. Korea & UK in May. It finally got to the U.S. this month (Sprint only as of today), a full SEVEN months after people first got a look at it. Notice any lines for the S2?

How many Android fans are now holding out for Nexus Prime with ICS? That's also a Samsung product, but it's basically dampening S2 sales and they'll have to drop prices pretty soon in order to clear inventory.

The reality is that most people get a new phone when they need it or when their contract is up. The tech punditry make their living revving up technophiles to buy the latest & greatest device, but we're talking about a relatively small minority of the consuming public.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73