Since the new iphone will most likely be 3g only on verizon and with how they are beginning to throttle the top 5% does this make anyone have second thoughts about the i5 on verizon? I wonder how apple will react to this since a similar thing happened with the ipad and they were pretty angry. Verizon begins slowing the data speeds of its heaviest users | PhoneDog
    09-17-2011 08:24 PM
    If they are grandfathered, they are ok. If they switch from Android to iPhone, they'll be grandfathered. It's the one who are switching carriers or moving from a feature phone to a smartphone who are in for caps. I personally don't see a big deal with tiers or throttling, I just have an issue with a low cap to start off with.

Apple doesn't really have a say on how carriers maintain their networks. AFAWK, they don't tell carriers be more tolerant of our traffic instead of a competitors phone.
    09-17-2011 08:53 PM
    If they are grandfathered, they are ok. If they switch from Android to iPhone, they'll be grandfathered. It's the one who are switching carriers or moving from a feature phone to a smartphone who are in for caps. I personally don't see a big deal with tiers or throttling, I just have an issue with a low cap to start off with.

Apple doesn't really have a say on how carriers maintain their networks. AFAWK, they don't tell carriers be more tolerant of our traffic instead of a competitors phone.
    They don't throttle those on tiered data though right now it is just those with unlimited data and 3g phones. I agree the caps for tiered data should be higher but then the companies wouldnt make as much on overages.
    09-17-2011 08:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD