Question about iPhone 5 home button...

tlo07

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
Hi,

I have a silly question. IF the mock-ups of the iPhone 5 with the weird, wide-looking home button are accurate, what would be the point of that? Do you think it would be more like a track pad so we can keep our grubby little paws off the screen if we choose? I can't think of any other reason to make it that shape. I know its all just speculation at this point but what do you think?

Timhewitt

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
Left and right side location sensitive touches... Just like swiping the screen left and right with your fingers...

-t

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
Yeah I believe it's some sort of gesture area, probably for flipping between apps. It's definitely NOT track pad or any other type of cursor mechanism.

LazyStarGazer

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
A 2 point (left-right), or 3 point (left-center-right) home button also gives you more possible commands from the home button.
e.g. left single click, left double click or left triple click could be three different commands.

Apple might consider that too complicated for some users though.

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
A 2 point (left-right), or 3 point (left-center-right) home button also gives you more possible commands from the home button.
e.g. left single click, left double click or left triple click could be three different commands.

Apple might consider that too complicated for some users though.

Yeah I think that is definitely too complicated, also that would be a lot of moving parts that Apple is not in favor of.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Since IOS is marketed more towards just being able to be used and easily figured out I would think a 3 point home button would not be something apple would want to use to confuse their customers.

redbeard

Mar 21, 2009
Visit site
I was in a bar last night and saw a guy using a touch sensitive 27" cinema display, at first I was pretty confused, didn't know they were touch capable, and I couldn't figure out why he was at a bar with one. So I go over and ask him what he's doing, and I noticed it has a little iPhone style home button at the bottom of the screen that looks elongated like in the supposed spy shots. He goes on to tell me that he is actually using an iPhone 5, and that you swipe left in the home button gesture area to expand the screen from 3.5 to 27" when needed, and swipe right to collapse the screen back to normal size. Apparently the iPhone 5 is made of liquid metal that can change it's shape and size in response to an electrical current flowing through it. So everyone that wants a bigger screen will get their wish, even Android users with 5" screen phones will be jealous of the iPhone 5's giant expandable screen.

I was disappointed to see they still left out any kind of notification icons in the giant statusbar, he said Apple thought it would add clutter..:rolleyes:

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
just curious, how many drinks did you have before approaching this individual with the alleged iPhone 5?

and more importantly, what the hell were you drinking! i need some of that! :D

LazyStarGazer

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
I was in a bar last night and saw a guy using a touch sensitive 27" cinema display, at first I was pretty confused, didn't know they were touch capable, and I couldn't figure out why he was at a bar with one. So I go over and ask him what he's doing, and I noticed it has a little iPhone style home button at the bottom of the screen that looks elongated like in the supposed spy shots. He goes on to tell me that he is actually using an iPhone 5, and that you swipe left in the home button gesture area to expand the screen from 3.5 to 27" when needed, and swipe right to collapse the screen back to normal size. Apparently the iPhone 5 is made of liquid metal that can change it's shape and size in response to an electrical current flowing through it. So everyone that wants a bigger screen will get their wish, even Android users with 5" screen phones will be jealous of the iPhone 5's giant expandable screen.

I was disappointed to see they still left out any kind of notification icons in the giant statusbar, he said Apple thought it would add clutter..:rolleyes:
27" ?
Meh. It's just a big iPod touch.
:p

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR