Delays in Iphone 5 Production

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
That sounds about right apple never has enough production they do that to make some want to go out and say they must have it since it seems like they have shortages. Worked pretty good for apple.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
are you sure Irish? i'm kinda thinking we all should just log off and go about our business since CLEARLY others have it all figured out

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
are you sure Irish? i'm kinda thinking we all should just log off and go about our business since CLEARLY others have it all figured out

LOL, BLiNK, yeah I'm sure. :p Speculations like these are never ending. It will be interesting to see how many of them were right/wrong when Apple finally does make the announcement.

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
I agree with Irish, it's always fun to see the actual announcement ... Will be interesting to see how far off everyone was, or how close. It's just one of those who knows moments.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
When its ready, its ready. If this is true, would rather it be done right then be like RIM and push out devices that can't have email without bridging. ;)

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
When its ready, its ready. If this is true, would rather it be done right then be like RIM and push out devices that can't have email without bridging. ;)

RIM was crazy for selling a product that didn't have their strongest strength available at launch. Email is what BB's are known for. Who wants a tablet that can't access email out of the box anyway?

The iPhone 5 production problems could pose a severe backlash for Apple if this rumor is true. I hope they can get a handle on it quickly if this is the case. Say they are having problems with components, other than availability. Can you imagine how angry people will be if the iPhone 5 turns into the White iPhone 4 debacle?

DrewBear

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
The iPhone 5 production problems could pose a severe backlash for Apple if this rumor is true.

MacRumors was commenting on a post on 9to5mac by Seth Weintraub. Ironically, despite the name of his website, the guy has an anti-Apple bias. Just my impression, but he's more often wrong than right.
It appears that the tear-drop shaped iPhone 5 with larger screen and thinner, rounder body is seeing continued design and production delays, at least on one assembly line (Apple has multiple production sources ? Pegatron, Foxconn, etc). We therefore think that iPhone 5 will be delayed slightly at the very least and may see shortages all the way into 2012.

Delays on at least one assembly line = slightly delayed release? Not sure about that logic. I think it'd have to be a pretty major production problem in many factories for Apple to delay release. Besides, how would you know it's delayed if you don't even know Apple's internal target date? That's why all these headlines about the iPhone "delayed" from summer are a crock. For all we know Apple had a Fall release scheduled all along.

As far as shortages go, that's a no-brainer. Demand is almost sure to be much higher than supply for the first few months, especially since the phone is arriving during the holiday quarter for the first time. No matter how good Tim Cook is in handling the supply channel, production ramps for a product as popular as the iPhone is very steep.

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
I had a dream that the new iPhone came out. it had 4 buttons on the front and it was plastic, with a bunch of unneeded moving parts.

Wait, that's a nightmare. @_@

DrewBear

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
are you actually using mac rumors as a source? :p

I was just referring to the article posted by the OP. At least MacRumors' name clearly states its intention. They do sometimes post "breaking" stories based on actual sources, but that doesn't happen often.

What's crazy is when rumor sites are quoted by traditional news sources. NYT & WSJ get around that a bit by creating "blogs" and keeping it theoretically separate from their main site. But I don't know if most readers see that distinction.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Wow... Maybe the rest of us should just leave...

This is a great idea, and one that I plan on doing right after this last post. I'm getting rather sick of the rude comments on this forum anyway. They are being made more and more and not just from 2011 members. People seem to have grown very comfortable with jumping all over others every time a comment is made. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

BrindawithanI

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
This is a great idea, and one that I plan on doing right after this last post. I'm getting rather sick of the rude comments on this forum anyway. They are being made more and more and not just from 2011 members. People seem to have grown very comfortable with jumping all over others every time a comment is made. :rolleyes:

Well, I for one, hope that you don't because you actually lend something to the community other than rudeness and sarcasm...

Reactions: Eileen89

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
i agree as of late it's been getting really douchey around here but like mentioned above use your ignore feature or just play their ****ing games. no reason to leave here

don't go Irish. this place needs an individual like you more than any of them, that's for sure

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro