Its [NOT] official Iphone 5 will be totally redesigned!!

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
first of all those cases look hideous. i wouldn't give it to my dog for a chew toy

secondly i'll wait for the Apple announcement to see any changes

Edharv1

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
I can't see these companies investing in making cases for the Iphone 5 without generally knowing what the form factor will be. I think this is a pretty solid indication of what is to come. Of course its not official until it comes from apple. Until then this is what we have to go on....

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
What a joke - they have now pulled the images and put this in place of it. To me they are looking for publicity and more importantly hits.

"It's Coming: The iPhone 5
Days away from Macworld Asia, the countdown to the iPhone 5 announcement and launch is officially on. More and more reports have surfaced reporting that Apple is expected to reveal the long awaited iPhone 5 coinciding with the conference in Beijing. As Apple fans around the globe patiently wait out the final days, our inside resources have the sought-after details on the iPhone 5 features, including the form factor and launch date.

The rumors are new iPhone 5 will feature a completely different form factor than its predecessor. Wider and thinner, the redesigned device features an extended home button. The screen size could see an increase to 4 inches.

Also included in the rumors is that the iPhone 5 will be an A5 dual-core processor, similar to the one used in the iPad 2. It will also be equipped with an 8 mega-pixel camera, wireless charging and iOS 5, which features iCloud portable storage capabilities.

The latest report is that the iPhone 5 will be available on all major carriers across the globe, including China Mobile, which has 600 million subscribers. In addition, it will be available in black and white with 16GB and 32 GB options. Insiders expect an early October launch.

Case-Mate will be ready with a collection of iPhone 5 cases. From the slim Barely There to the protective Tough case, Case-Mate is ready with an iPhone 5 case that fits your needs.

Will it be iPhone 5 or 4s?

The debate continues on whether the new iPhone will be an iPhone 5 or iPhone 4S. From our inside resources, it appears that Apple will be indeed launching both an iPhone 5 and an iPhone 4S in early October. The speculation indicates that the iPhone 4S will feature the same form factor as the iPhone 4 but will be upgraded with the latest technology, including the A5 dual-core processor and 8 mega-pixel camera."

So in other words, they don't know. :eek: But I have to admit it was genius on their part. They post some BS images, get all the blogs in a frenzy to link them, pull the image and slap up some text in it's place to say "buy our iPhone cases when it is released!". Smooth.

Last edited:

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
What a joke - they have now pulled the images and put this in place of it. To me they are looking for publicity and more importantly hits.

Days away from Macworld Asia, the countdown to the iPhone 5 announcement and launch is officially on. More and more reports have surfaced reporting that Apple is expected to reveal the long awaited iPhone 5 coinciding with the conference in Beijing. As Apple fans around the globe patiently wait out the final days, our inside resources have the sought-after details on the iPhone 5 features, including the form factor and launch date.

The rumors are new iPhone 5 will feature a completely different form factor than its predecessor. Wider and thinner, the redesigned device features an extended home button. The screen size could see an increase to 4 inches.

Also included in the rumors is that the iPhone 5 will be an A5 dual-core processor, similar to the one used in the iPad 2. It will also be equipped with an 8 mega-pixel camera, wireless charging and iOS 5, which features iCloud portable storage capabilities.

The latest report is that the iPhone 5 will be available on all major carriers across the globe, including China Mobile, which has 600 million subscribers. In addition, it will be available in black and white with 16GB and 32 GB options. Insiders expect an early October launch.

Case-Mate will be ready with a collection of iPhone 5 cases. From the slim Barely There to the protective Tough case, Case-Mate is ready with an iPhone 5 case that fits your needs.

The debate continues on whether the new iPhone will be an iPhone 5 or iPhone 4S. From our inside resources, it appears that Apple will be indeed launching both an iPhone 5 and an iPhone 4S in early October. The speculation indicates that the iPhone 4S will feature the same form factor as the iPhone 4 but will be upgraded with the latest technology, including the A5 dual-core processor and 8 mega-pixel camera."

So in other words, they don't know. :eek: But I have to admit it was genius on their part. They post some BS images, get all the blogs in a frenzy to link them, pull the image and slap up some text in it's place to say "buy our iPhone cases when it is released!". Smooth.

Well it worked perfectly since all those blogs posted about it giving them attention.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Well it worked perfectly since all those blogs posted about it giving them attention.

For sure, like I said it was brilliant on their part. And like you I thought LTE would be in the picture and I tried to get more information and found nada. It was around the time they installed LTE hardware in certain Apple stores. I got the impression is was for an upcoming MacBook (which might have something to do with the rumor of a refresh before the end of the year) with LTE. Again, just my impression.

Last edited:

plex03

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
Ok, just throwing this out there but what if there are in fact 2 versions of the iPhone coming out.

The iPhone 5-4G LTE is for Asia and the rest get the 4S?

Edharv1

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site

You don't believe that these case companies have any idea what the Iphone 5 will look like? If the iphone is supposed to be released by mid-October, I think its safe to say that some of these cases will be available on launch day, just like they were available for the iphone 4 on launch day. I do agree that they may have posted images for shock value and to draw attention to their site, but I think there may be some validity in the images posted, especially since we keep seeing these cases pop up with the same form factor.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
someone correct me if i am wrong but wasn't there only "bumpers" available at launch day of the 4? and they were from Apple only

for some reason i remember all kinds of threads of how people were worried about their phones not being protected because they were waiting on a case

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
You don't believe that these case companies have any idea what the Iphone 5 will look like? If the iphone is supposed to be released by mid-October, I think its safe to say that some of these cases will be available on launch day, just like they were available for the iphone 4 on launch day. I do agree that they may have posted images for shock value and to draw attention to their site, but I think there may be some validity in the images posted, especially since we keep seeing these cases pop up with the same form factor.

Apple is very protective and all these case companies are guessing off of some specs that didn't even come from Apple.

someone correct me if i am wrong but wasn't there only "bumpers" available at launch day of the 4? and they were from Apple only

for some reason i remember all kinds of threads of how people were worried about their phones not being protected because they were waiting on a case

Bingo.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
My pleasure,

I bought a clear belkin on launch day.

If true I wonder how many companies did have them on launch. Would be interesting to know who did.

And it's also possible they didn't get the specs of the device until the announcement because I know for a fact cases on launch day were scarce.

Last edited:

Edharv1

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
Best Buy had cases available on launch day (not many) but some and they went fast. That is where I bought my belkin. My point is...you can't totally knock the article as BS. Some of these case companies have some validity and cases are mass produced.

cases available for iphone 4 launch.
Get Yer Griffin Cases Before the iPhone 4 Launch
iPhone 4 Cases - Availability - MacRumors Forums

And how do you know that apple doesnt provide certain companies with specs to produce cases?

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Yes but the specs were released on the 7th for the iPhone 4. The case makers had a few weeks before the 24th release to ramp up production and get the case out.

Edharv1

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
The annoucement on the 7th and release date was the 24th, thats hardly several weeks, more like a week and 1/2 to produce a mass amount of cases. Highly unlikely...

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen