Unprecedented Demand for new iPhone

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
Yeah I am one of those on the fence. I don't consider going from an A4 to an A5 a drastic upgrade as I feel the i4 runs just fine. I'm fine with the current camera. I'm fine with the current design and as you can probably guess, just overall happy with the i4.

What would it take for me to lean towards upgrading? Who knows, but a bigger screen would be tempting. I am waiting for the LTE version.....maybe iPhone 6.

AgentHeracles

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I am one of those on the fence. I don't consider going from an A4 to an A5 a drastic upgrade as I feel the i4 runs just fine. I'm fine with the current camera. I'm fine with the current design and as you can probably guess, just overall happy with the i4.

What would it take for me to lean towards upgrading? Who knows, but a bigger screen would be tempting. I am waiting for the LTE version.....maybe iPhone 6.

Are you with Verizon or AT&T?

DJ

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
AT&T. I refuse to go to a provider who can't offer simultaneous voice/data. Verizon still is going to be using CDMA for a long time for voice and that will be the fallback if LTE coverage is nonexistent. That and plus I am satisfied with AT&T's coverage in Houston. I average download speeds of around 3-4 mbps and upload around 1. That's plenty fine for me. Plus I am grandfathered into unlimited data.

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
I donno, I always find that while playing certain games I get lag while the device is searching for signal on the subway, while music is playing, often times when I receive a notification (under iOS 5), etc... So to me, the performance could certainly be improved.

Also, take a picture of a white wall inside your house. Observe the green tinge towards the center of the photo. I'm definitely not satisfied with the camera on the iPhone 4, for this reason alone.

Finally, if Apple is not going to put notification icons in the status bar, they need something to tell you you have some items waiting in the notification center. I've been against it in the past, but I feel like with iOS 5, a notification LED is really needed.

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
Slap yourself...lol. An LED light is garbage. Just a waste of space in an already cramped interior. I will drop the platform if they do add one, or just never upgrade from the 4.

You would drop the platform because they added a notification light, meanwhile every other platform out there uses them?

I don't like them either but it's beginning to annoy me that you never know whether or not you have a notification, and Apple seems to have made it quite clear that they will not be adding icons to the status bar.

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
You would drop the platform because they added a notification light, meanwhile every other platform out there uses them?

I don't like them either but it's beginning to annoy me that you never know whether or not you have a notification, and Apple seems to have made it quite clear that they will not be adding icons to the status bar.

Yep, I sure would. We have a nice android phone we just got for our on call phone and it doesn't have a light. It's the nexus S. There are hacks to make something work, but nothing embedded.

Last edited:

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
Yep, I sure would. We have a nice android phone we just got for our on call phone and it doesn't have a light. It's the nexus S. There are hacks to make something work, but nothing embedded.

Well, let me be the first to tell you that you won't be upgrading your device for a very long time, because after Apple adds a notfication light, every phone will have one. :p

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
AT&T. I refuse to go to a provider who can't offer simultaneous voice/data. Verizon still is going to be using CDMA for a long time for voice and that will be the fallback if LTE coverage is nonexistent. That and plus I am satisfied with AT&T's coverage in Houston. I average download speeds of around 3-4 mbps and upload around 1. That's plenty fine for me. Plus I am grandfathered into unlimited data.

The thunderbolt can do voice and data at the same time over 3g.

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
The thunderbolt can do voice and data at the same time over 3g.

That is true, but Verizon has said they cannot promise the experience. According to their training material:

"There is a functionality in the Thunderbolt that allows simultaneous voice and data while on the VZW 3G network, however, we cannot promise the experience will be one that is consistent with our brand. As a result, do not reference this functionality as a benefit during your conversations with customers."

In other words, yeah it may work, but we don't guarantee it, but it should work in most instances.

Last edited:

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
Thunderbolt also has a notification light...

You need to consider all the things your customer wants when offering them a solution, Mr. Android Salesman.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Thunderbolt also has a notification light...

You need to consider all the things your customer wants when offering them a solution, Mr. Android Salesman.

What does a notification light have to do with anything I said? I was referring to the fact that the thunderbolt can do simultaneous voice/data not trying to sell anything I wouldn't recommend the thunderbolt to anyone? Oh that's right I didn't you just like putting words in people's mouths.:rolleyes:

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
says the person who's quick to call someone a fanboy/girl if they try to defend anything Apple

get the phuck over yourself

so me never mentioning anything in this thread about an led light and all i said was the tb can do voice and data over 3g. I was making a factual statement sorry that is not allowed over here:rolleyes:.

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
Uh, but it does have to do with what he said previously. If you had actually read the thread at all before posting a reply you might have known that.

Anyway I was really just razzing you... Get over it.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Uh, but it does have to do with what he said previously. If you had actually read the thread at all before posting a reply you might have known that.

Anyway I was really just razzing you... Get over it.

Ha sorry I dont let some kid behind a keyboard razzle me.:D

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox