No new design for Iphone 5 (aka iPhone 4S)

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
No one is poking in the dark. There will be a new iPhone and an announcement to go with it. People just need to chill out and learn to wait....

Damn dude relax nobody said there wouldn't be a new iphone. Idk why you are getting so uptight when people speculate about the smallest things. Maybe apple has 2 development groups working on two iphones because it seems strange these case manufacturers would waste millions of dollars making cases if in fact the iphone is staying same size as the current iphone. And if people want to say well thats for the new ipod touch well think why would apple increase the screen size for that but not the iphone? That is going to lead to just as much fragmentation for devs as increasing the screen size on the iphone would. Just saying.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Damn dude relax nobody said there wouldn't be a new iphone. Idk why you are getting so uptight when people speculate about the smallest things. Maybe apple has 2 development groups working on two iphones because it seems strange these case manufacturers would waste millions of dollars making cases if in fact the iphone is staying same size as the current iphone. And if people want to say well thats for the new ipod touch well think why would apple increase the screen size for that but not the iphone? That is going to lead to just as much fragmentation for devs as increasing the screen size on the iphone would. Just saying.

Who says those cases are even for an Apple product?

Reactions: Eileen89

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
k

First of all, I am not a "dude", so save that kind of talk for the streets where it belongs. Secondly, I am not even going to defend my posts with you. I quoted what I was replying to clarity. Thirdly, this is the second time you have told me to relax. You don't know me nor my emotional state while posting on here. Actually, I'm sitting here with my wine cooler and couldn't be more relaxed. ;)

Cheggy

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
Good job you edited your response Rose, I haven't been personal and I don't appreciate keyboard warriors, regardless of sex

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Who says those cases are even for an Apple product?

Well seeing how multiple sites have them listed as being for the iphone 5 or whatever it is going to be called I would assume they got word from apple when they made the cases. But they could be for something else but that is highly unlikely otherwise it wouldn't say for apple iphone whatever it will be called.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
k

First of all, I am not a "dude", so save that kind of talk for the streets where it belongs. Secondly, I am not even going to defend my posts with you. I quoted what I was replying to clarity. Thirdly, this is the second time you have told me to relax. You don't know me nor my emotional state while posting on here. Actually, I'm sitting here with my wine cooler and couldn't be more relaxed. ;)

ooh a real scholar you are. Sorry let me rephrase. Don't take it to heart and act like every person on here is insulting you or whatever it is you are thinking. This is all rumor so let people speculate away. If you do not like what people are saying well then do not read the thread or feel the need to respond back:D

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
ooh a real scholar you are. Sorry let me rephrase. Don't take it to heart and act like every person on here is insulting you or whatever it is you are thinking. This is all rumor so let people speculate away. If you do not like what people are saying well then do not read the thread or feel the need to respond back:D

Actually, you are trolling again. Sorry, but I have learned a long time ago not to feed the trolls. I have grown very tied of your continued attempts to bait me, and it is obvious that you have nothing worth while to say here, so I shall simply add you to my Ignore list.... :rolleyes:

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Actually, you are trolling again. Sorry, but I have learned a long time ago not to feed the trolls. I have grown very tied of your continued attempts to bait me, and it is obvious that you have nothing worth while to say here, so I shall simply add you to my Ignore list.... :rolleyes:

I'm not trying to "bait you" I asked a simple question as to why you commented on what others were speculating about if you did not like what they said. I guess that is trolling:rolleyes:

LazyStarGazer

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
I like the idea of a 64 GB, larger screen iPhone.

If it's just an iP4S, I may pass on it, get a suddenly cheaper iP4, and wait for a 2012 LTE iPhone.

HOWEVER.
I will make no decision until:
- It's officially announced by Apple.
- I have a detailed list of all new hardware and software features.
- I have details as to what functions will work on my 3GS, the iP4 & the iP4S/iP5.

redbeard

Mar 21, 2009
Visit site
- I know nothing about a announcement but in my opinion there will be one.

- They really don't but perhaps the reason for a slight spec bump in the new device is because they know they don't need a totally redesigned device - at least not yet. Similar to the 3G to 3GS jump.

- Do you know everyone on this forum?

I think if Apple thinks the iPhone only needs a "slight spec bump", they are sorely mistaken, I love the iPhone and everything about Apple, but I'm jumping ship if they try to pass off a iPhone 4 with a spec bump as something we should sign 2 year contracts for.

Does it make any sense that they would make less changes to the 5 than they did to the 4 with an extra 4 months to work on it, and when competitors phones have leapfrogged the iPhone in many ways? The 5 also needs to stay competitive for another year, which by then there will be quad core retina busting Android phones out making the iPhone 4/5 look pretty dated... imo..

redbeard

Mar 21, 2009
Visit site
Oh don't point at me. I'll have to defend myself all over again. :D

I'll just get this out of the way and I'm not going to debate it anymore with anyone. The next iPhone will not be totally redesigned nor will it have a larger screen. People need to except that and live with it. I don't like it myself. Now maybe and that is a very large maybe there is another phone that I'm not aware of that Apple has kept hidden away. I just highly doubt it.

So why do you think Apple thinks they can rest on their past success? I just can't figure out what they are thinking here.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I hope not if it all looks the same my ip4 with iOS 5 will do just fine no need to pay for the same thing twice for a blink light lol ( I know there will be more than that ) just sayin

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
I think if Apple thinks the iPhone only needs a "slight spec bump", they are sorely mistaken, I love the iPhone and everything about Apple, but I'm jumping ship if they try to pass off a iPhone 4 with a spec bump as something we should sign 2 year contracts for.

Does it make any sense that they would make less changes to the 5 than they did to the 4 with an extra 4 months to work on it, and when competitors phones have leapfrogged the iPhone in many ways? The 5 also needs to stay competitive for another year, which by then there will be quad core retina busting Android phones out making the iPhone 4/5 look pretty dated... imo..

I think with this update all the focus has been on the software side--the last update brought the retina display and the hardware redesign; now we get iCloud, iTunes Match, iMessage, more Airplay/Facetime availability (?) and so on.

In other words, it's true that the iP4 specs have been matched and sometimes beaten by competitors, but simply having a bigger spec sheet has never been what Apple excels at, or has even tried to excel at. Instead, they're focused on the experience, and hardware is only part of that. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see that this year was more of a software refresh with some slight hardware bumps. Just the iOS 5 features have already got people excited.

And it's worth remembering that the vast majority of iPhone users are not the usual tipb.com reader. Many are still happily using the 3GS they've never synced, unaware even that they could update their software. I just explained the app switcher to someone who has been using her iP4 for a year; she had no idea it was there. For people like this, specs--if they mean anything at all--are very far down the list, and certainly well below the ease-of-use factor that has made the iPhone so popular in the first place.

DrewBear

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I think with this update all the focus has been on the software side--the last update brought the retina display and the hardware redesign; now we get iCloud, iTunes Match, iMessage, more Airplay/Facetime availability (?) and so on.

In other words, it's true that the iP4 specs have been matched and sometimes beaten by competitors, but simply having a bigger spec sheet has never been what Apple excels at, or has even tried to excel at. Instead, they're focused on the experience, and hardware is only part of that. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see that this year was more of a software refresh with some slight hardware bumps. Just the iOS 5 features have already got people excited.

And it's worth remembering that the vast majority of iPhone users are not the usual tipb.com reader. Many are still happily using the 3GS they've never synced, unaware even that they could update their software. I just explained the app switcher to someone who has been using her iP4 for a year; she had no idea it was there. For people like this, specs--if they mean anything at all--are very far down the list, and certainly well below the ease-of-use factor that has made the iPhone so popular in the first place.

Exactly! The huge majority of consumers look at the overall user experience the iPhone offers rather than the spec sheet. However, I take exception to the characterization that the rumored hardware improvements will be "slight". The jump from the single-core A4 to the dual-core A5 alone is huge, but I doubt the hardware bumps stop there.

The techie fringe may have a jaded attitude to what this next iPhone may offer, but the overwhelming majority of consumers who can afford it are at near fever pitch. Demand for iPhone 5 is going to be off the charts.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner