Will the I Phone 5 be locked or open version. Will it work on GSM in India.
    Can somebody give a feed back please
    09-06-2011 04:46 PM
    If anyone knew anything about the i5 they could answer this but right now nobody knows what it will work on or what it looks like.
    09-06-2011 07:14 PM
    We will all know more about the new iPhone once Apple makes their announcement. Until then it's all a bunch of rumors and speculation.
    09-06-2011 07:32 PM
    There will definitely be an unlocked GSM version. Currently these are available at most worldwide Apple Stores.
    09-06-2011 11:48 PM
    I agree, as apple currently offers a unlocked version. Are the iPhones currently sold unlocked in your country?
    09-07-2011 12:11 AM
    in india currently the i4 is sold by the apple retailers as factory unlocked and two major carriers sell them with contracts..locked.
    the 3gs 8gb is being sold unlocked.

grey market(which is big) has plenty of factory unlocked phones from HK and SG and its cheaper than the official price in india!

so i guess the same thing will happen with the i5
    09-07-2011 08:09 AM
    in india currently the i4 is sold by the apple retailers as factory unlocked and two major carriers sell them with contracts..locked.
    the 3gs 8gb is being sold unlocked.

grey market(which is big) has plenty of factory unlocked phones from HK and SG and its cheaper than the official price in india!

so i guess the same thing will happen with the i5
    Thanks for the insight. Business will definitely continue as usual then especially in Apple's developing markets like India, because Apple knows that people in those countries love to buy unlocked.
    09-07-2011 09:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD