View Poll Results: No i5 this year?

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I think we'll have to wait for 2012.

1 2.33%
  • Bull****! There WILL be an i5 THIS YEAR!

38 88.37%
  • I think both is possible.

4 9.30%
    A friend just visited me and he told me that a friend of him who works at apple told him there will be no i5 this year. While I trust my friend not talking bull**** who knows if this apple guy does. What do you think? Bull****? Possibly true?
    09-06-2011 07:45 AM
    maybe he meant it will be called another name??? (4S/4GS?)
    09-06-2011 09:14 AM
    I think either could be true I just feel like apple wouldnt make everyone wait two years for a new phone. Guess we will find out in a few weeks what is gonna happen.
    09-06-2011 09:17 AM
    People say stupid things. For example a girl who works at Best Buy was arguing with me to the last breath that the iPhone 4 will never go on sale. And look, it's on sale now.

A good friend of mine works at Apple's headquarters and is interning on their development team... He has no idea what's going on. So I highly doubt your friend's friend knows what they are saying.
    09-06-2011 09:46 AM
    Your friend knows nothing about iPhone plans. Nor does his friend. Case closed.
    redbeard and Garz like this.
    09-06-2011 10:20 AM
    So your friend has a friend who has a friend who knows someone who said one time that someone he knew knew something about the iPhone 5?...lol.
    bacano22 likes this.
    09-06-2011 10:22 AM
    I've got to say that some of these posts are so lame, they're beyond belief! Why don't people just sit back and wait for the flipping phone to be released?
    Fausty82 and hoosieriphone like this.
    09-06-2011 11:45 AM
    I've got to say that some of these posts are so lame, they're beyond belief! Why don't people just sit back and wait for the flipping phone to be released?
    I totally agree... but then what would we do for drama?
    hoosieriphone likes this.
    09-06-2011 11:54 AM
    Um, he's sick. My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Ferris pass out at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious.

-Simone
    ivybiznatch and Jemjee like this.
    09-06-2011 11:58 AM
    Well, I am sure there will be a new iPhone this year. But maybe it's name will not be iPhone5.
    09-06-2011 11:58 AM
    uhhh, you left the "This is the most boring waste of bandwith ever" option off of the poll...
    grunt0300 likes this.
    09-06-2011 12:01 PM
    [QUOTE=HankAZ;1754912]uhhh, you left the "This is the most boring waste of bandwith ever" option off of the poll...[/QUOTE
    Then why click on the thread and reply? Lol
    09-06-2011 12:24 PM
    This Apple guy must work for one of the fake Apple stores, that is why his story is as fake as the stores themselves. My cousin works for iOS Huge game dev, think Angry Birds, Farmville, yes that huge and they have been told to finish up their projects and make sure they all work by a certain date because of announcements coming. Obviously I don't want to get my cousin in trouble so although I did hear more detailed info I can't say. I mean I thought this was like a given? the rumors on BGR it's all a matter of naming no matter if they call the next phone iPhone 4TLMP3x5t76 it will still be the 5th generation iPhone with improved features and hardware.
    Premium1 likes this.
    09-06-2011 12:35 PM
    [QUOTE=redraider133;1754918]
    uhhh, you left the "This is the most boring waste of bandwith ever" option off of the poll...[/QUOTE
    To point out the idiocy of such a thread...
    09-06-2011 01:56 PM
    uhhh, you left the "This is the most boring waste of bandwith ever" option off of the poll...
    Hank seems to have a thing for pointing out absurdity by being absurd

Cue REO Speedwagon... "Heard it from a friend who heard it from a friend who...Heard it from another..."
    Premium1 likes this.
    09-06-2011 02:24 PM
    Hank seems to have a thing for pointing out absurdity by being absurd
    I'll take that as a compliment...

If the sources were just, say, a million times more credible, we might be able to believe it...
    09-06-2011 02:33 PM
    "Heard it from a friend who heard it from a friend who...Heard it from another..."
    youve been messing around....
    09-06-2011 04:46 PM
    Dark Helmet: I am your father's brother's nephew's cousin's former roommate.
    Lone Starr: What's that make us?
    Dark Helmet: Absolutely nothing! Which is what you are about to become.
    Mwahahahahahahahaha!
    grunt0300 likes this.
    09-06-2011 04:52 PM
    I have been thinking those larger/thinner case designs that keep popping up are the real thing, same companies designs were dead accurate for the iPad 2 cases. I just can't see Apple being stupid enough with the competition to make everyone wait 16 months for nothing but an invisible spec bump. If it was just a spec bump they could have released it in the Spring and just use iOS5 as a bonus for the Fall, which would have been a snoozer. I can't imagine Apple saying in a few weeks "Here it is, the iPhone 5, it's exactly the same as the 4, it just has the A5 and a 8mp camera".. Who would sign another 2 year contract....for that???

Seems like almost everyone I know has been changing over to larger screened Android phones this year, sure the iP4 still sells well, although Apple has to know that momentum only carries you so far, they sure as hell want to stay on top. I don't see one drawback to going with a larger screen, so devs have to make apps in another resolution, cry me a river and get to work, better to get it over-with.

Deutsche Telekom Begins Offering iPhone 5 Pre-Order Reservation Tickets - Mac Rumors

That's not being done just for fun.
    09-06-2011 05:02 PM
    I have been thinking those larger/thinner case designs that keep popping up are the real thing, same companies designs were dead accurate for the iPad 2 cases. I just can't see Apple being stupid enough with the competition to make everyone wait 16 months for nothing but an invisible spec bump. If it was just a spec bump they could have released it in the Spring and just use iOS5 as a bonus for the Fall, which would have been a snoozer. I can't imagine Apple saying in a few weeks "Here it is, the iPhone 5, it's exactly the same as the 4, it just has the A5 and a 8mp camera".. Who would sign another 2 year contract....for that???

Seems like almost everyone I know has been changing over to larger screened Android phones this year, sure the iP4 still sells well, although Apple has to know that momentum only carries you so far, they sure as hell want to stay on top. I don't see one drawback to going with a larger screen, so devs have to make apps in another resolution, cry me a river and get to work, better to get it over-with.

Deutsche Telekom Begins Offering iPhone 5 Pre-Order Reservation Tickets - Mac Rumors

That's not being done just for fun.
    well look at the 3g-3gs.
    09-06-2011 05:06 PM
    well look at the 3g-3gs.
    Yea but look at the competition back then, there was pretty much nothing compared to now.

I know I'm not buying a 4GS or whatever, no point. I will buy a 5 with a bigger screen though..
    09-06-2011 05:35 PM
    Yea but look at the competition back then, there was pretty much nothing compared to now.

I know I'm not buying a 4GS or whatever, no point. I will buy a 5 with a bigger screen though..
    I'm getting really annoyed by this argument lately. 3G->3GS was a huge jump!!!

200% Speed, much better autofocus cam and video, compass, WAY better battery life, storage increase... Honestly I'm so sick of people saying that that wasn't a big upgrade. Thats like saying the 2010 iMac is the same as now.. It's changed a LOT, it just looks the same.
    09-06-2011 06:04 PM

Yeah but I am sure most wouldn't really care if the screen is larger. I know I would but hey thats just me lol.
    09-06-2011 06:04 PM
    this thread is hilarious.. My dog Gracie knows Steve Jobs personally and she told me its gonna be called iBone5.. She wouldn't lie cuz she doesn't know how..
    09-06-2011 08:45 PM
    shoot i had a friend that claimed he was in a meeting with AT&T last year claiming that AT&T had just resigned a long term exclusive iphone deal. Obviously Verizon got the iphone like 5 months later. I honestly thought there was no reason to think my friend was lying. I think he genuinely thought it was true. I however didn't truly believe it was true. I think he was just mistaken.
    09-07-2011 01:11 AM
44 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD