Friend heard no i5 this year

No i5 this year?

• Yes, I think we'll have to wait for 2012.

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Bull****! There WILL be an i5 THIS YEAR!

Votes: 38 88.4%
  • I think both is possible.

Votes: 4 9.3%

• Total voters

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
Yea but look at the competition back then, there was pretty much nothing compared to now.

I know I'm not buying a 4GS or whatever, no point. I will buy a 5 with a bigger screen though..:D

I'm getting really annoyed by this argument lately. 3G->3GS was a huge jump!!!

200% Speed, much better autofocus cam and video, compass, WAY better battery life, storage increase... Honestly I'm so sick of people saying that that wasn't a big upgrade. Thats like saying the 2010 iMac is the same as now.. It's changed a LOT, it just looks the same.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Yea but look at the competition back then, there was pretty much nothing compared to now.

I know I'm not buying a 4GS or whatever, no point. I will buy a 5 with a bigger screen though..:D

Yeah but I am sure most wouldn't really care if the screen is larger. I know I would but hey thats just me lol.

DreamOutLoud65

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
this thread is hilarious.. My dog Gracie knows Steve Jobs personally and she told me its gonna be called iBone5.. She wouldn't lie cuz she doesn't know how.. :D

9thWonder

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
shoot i had a friend that claimed he was in a meeting with AT&T last year claiming that AT&T had just resigned a long term exclusive iphone deal. Obviously Verizon got the iphone like 5 months later. I honestly thought there was no reason to think my friend was lying. I think he genuinely thought it was true. I however didn't truly believe it was true. I think he was just mistaken.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Yes. may be it is true. The Apple has plan to launch ip5 in this year. But, still I have a slight doubt that Apple not yet launch a ip5 yet then may be or may not be they launch this in next year also.
Laundry Room Cabinets

That was the most confusing use of the english language leading up to your spam that i have ever seen...my brain literally just quit half way through reading it.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site

200% Speed, much better autofocus cam and video, compass, WAY better battery life, storage increase... Honestly I'm so sick of people saying that that wasn't a big upgrade. Thats like saying the 2010 iMac is the same as now.. It's changed a LOT, it just looks the same.

Well most of that stuff is internal and wouldn't be that noticable. Yeah the camera would be noticable and maybe the speed but for most normal consumers they probably would not be able to tell much of a difference.

Last edited:

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site

I totally agree with you, I owned both and it was a very huge jump!

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I totally agree with you, I owned both and it was a very huge jump!

I also agree with you both even though I never owned the 3G. I compared my 3GS to my brothers 3G iPhone, and my old 3GS was a lot better in terms of the speed and some of the features.

bacano22

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
So your friend has a friend who has a friend who knows someone who said one time that someone he knew knew something about the iPhone 5?...lol.

LOOL friends of a friends friends whos grandparents older brother told his 4th cousin that the neighbors dog herd the i5 wasnt comming

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I'd say, if anything, the 3GS was more on par with the iPhone 4 when it comes to performance...it was a vast and clear difference compared to the regular 3G iPhone.

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
I'd say, if anything, the 3GS was more on par with the iPhone 4 when it comes to performance...it was a vast and clear difference compared to the regular 3G iPhone.

Well, the iPhone 4 is capable of much greater performance, but due to having 4x the resolution, it takes a hit in performance that goes against the speed increases Apple made. That's why the 3GS is able to run almost on par with the iPhone 4 on iOS 4. And yeah the 3GS was definitely a huge jump from the 3G.

Adawg1203

May 9, 2011
Visit site
I've got to say that some of these posts are so lame, they're beyond belief! Why don't people just sit back and wait for the flipping phone to be released?

I never understood posts like this.

No one is forcing you to read this stuff or even respond to it, which you felt compelled to do.

Let people post what they want without the added criticism. If you do not like the topic don't read it and move along to a topic that is of interest to you.

Adawg1203

May 9, 2011
Visit site
A friend just visited me and he told me that a friend of him who works at apple told him there will be no i5 this year. While I trust my friend not talking bull**** who knows if this apple guy does. What do you think? Bull****? Possibly true?

VZ's CFO is fully expecting a new iteration of the iPhone this fall per his message to the analysts about a month or so ago.

Without knowing anything, but looking at Apple's history since the original iPhone launch I would have to believe something is being released this year.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I never understood posts like this.

No one is forcing you to read this stuff or even respond to it, which you felt compelled to do.

Let people post what they want without the added criticism. If you do not like the topic don't read it and move along to a topic that is of interest to you.

That would be the intelligent thing to do but people always have to add their .2 cents lol

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner