Friend heard no i5 this year

No i5 this year?

• Yes, I think we'll have to wait for 2012.

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Bull****! There WILL be an i5 THIS YEAR!

Votes: 38 88.4%
  • I think both is possible.

Votes: 4 9.3%

• Total voters
Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
A friend just visited me and he told me that a friend of him who works at apple told him there will be no i5 this year. While I trust my friend not talking bull**** who knows if this apple guy does. What do you think? Bull****? Possibly true?

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I think either could be true I just feel like apple wouldnt make everyone wait two years for a new phone. Guess we will find out in a few weeks what is gonna happen.

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
People say stupid things. For example a girl who works at Best Buy was arguing with me to the last breath that the iPhone 4 will never go on sale. And look, it's on sale now.

A good friend of mine works at Apple's headquarters and is interning on their development team... He has no idea what's going on. So I highly doubt your friend's friend knows what they are saying.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
So your friend has a friend who has a friend who knows someone who said one time that someone he knew knew something about the iPhone 5?...lol.

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
Please stop the speculation!!!!!!!!

I've got to say that some of these posts are so lame, they're beyond belief! Why don't people just sit back and wait for the flipping phone to be released?

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
Um, he's sick. My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Ferris pass out at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious.

-Simone

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
This Apple guy must work for one of the fake Apple stores, that is why his story is as fake as the stores themselves. My cousin works for iOS Huge game dev, think Angry Birds, Farmville, yes that huge and they have been told to finish up their projects and make sure they all work by a certain date because of announcements coming. Obviously I don't want to get my cousin in trouble so although I did hear more detailed info I can't say. I mean I thought this was like a given? the rumors on BGR it's all a matter of naming no matter if they call the next phone iPhone 4TLMP3x5t76 it will still be the 5th generation iPhone with improved features and hardware.

iKnowTec

Banned
Aug 27, 2011
Visit site
Dark Helmet: I am your father's brother's nephew's cousin's former roommate.
Lone Starr: What's that make us?
Dark Helmet: Absolutely nothing! Which is what you are about to become.
Mwahahahahahahahaha!

redbeard

Mar 21, 2009
Visit site
I have been thinking those larger/thinner case designs that keep popping up are the real thing, same companies designs were dead accurate for the iPad 2 cases. I just can't see Apple being stupid enough with the competition to make everyone wait 16 months for nothing but an invisible spec bump. If it was just a spec bump they could have released it in the Spring and just use iOS5 as a bonus for the Fall, which would have been a snoozer. I can't imagine Apple saying in a few weeks "Here it is, the iPhone 5, it's exactly the same as the 4, it just has the A5 and a 8mp camera".. Who would sign another 2 year contract....for that???

Seems like almost everyone I know has been changing over to larger screened Android phones this year, sure the iP4 still sells well, although Apple has to know that momentum only carries you so far, they sure as hell want to stay on top. I don't see one drawback to going with a larger screen, so devs have to make apps in another resolution, cry me a river and get to work, better to get it over-with.

Deutsche Telekom Begins Offering iPhone 5 Pre-Order Reservation Tickets - Mac Rumors

That's not being done just for fun.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I have been thinking those larger/thinner case designs that keep popping up are the real thing, same companies designs were dead accurate for the iPad 2 cases. I just can't see Apple being stupid enough with the competition to make everyone wait 16 months for nothing but an invisible spec bump. If it was just a spec bump they could have released it in the Spring and just use iOS5 as a bonus for the Fall, which would have been a snoozer. I can't imagine Apple saying in a few weeks "Here it is, the iPhone 5, it's exactly the same as the 4, it just has the A5 and a 8mp camera".. Who would sign another 2 year contract....for that???

Seems like almost everyone I know has been changing over to larger screened Android phones this year, sure the iP4 still sells well, although Apple has to know that momentum only carries you so far, they sure as hell want to stay on top. I don't see one drawback to going with a larger screen, so devs have to make apps in another resolution, cry me a river and get to work, better to get it over-with.

Deutsche Telekom Begins Offering iPhone 5 Pre-Order Reservation Tickets - Mac Rumors

That's not being done just for fun.

well look at the 3g-3gs.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro