Question for people who are using beta 7. How stable is it? I haven't tried it. How close do you feel it is to a finished product?
    09-04-2011 06:36 PM
    It's extremely stable, but still has a few smallish bugs. We still have 1-2 more betas to go.
    09-04-2011 06:49 PM
    It's extremely stable, but still has a few smallish bugs. We still have 1-2 more betas to go.
    I agree with Alli... it's very good, but still a few more tweaks... seems very much like it's on course for an early October release (if the October 7 iPhone-next rumors are to be believed)...
    09-04-2011 08:08 PM
    I do not find any bugs what so ever .. For me, it's just as good as the finished os
    09-04-2011 09:42 PM
    wish i could use it. i've had nothing but problems with the beta of itunes. every time i connect my iphone it freezes up. randomly. sometimes it'll freeze right away other times it'll take a minute or so. i seem to be the only person with this problem. glad you guys are enjoying it though!
    09-04-2011 10:04 PM
    if your worried about stable, stay off of it. Its a beta after all.
    09-04-2011 10:09 PM
    It could be that your computer isnt that good or powerful enough
    09-04-2011 10:29 PM
    Try updating iTunes to 10.5 beta 7o
    09-04-2011 10:30 PM
    I have found it to be incredibly stable. Works very well.
    09-04-2011 10:35 PM
    The only problems I've experienced in a while have come from the iTunes beta, rather than the iOS beta.
    09-04-2011 11:24 PM
    The only problems I've experienced in a while have come from the iTunes beta, rather than the iOS beta.
    I haven't synced my phone with iTunes since Beta 5 ... I have found the stand alone experience to be fantastic for me.
    09-04-2011 11:50 PM
    Beta 7 seems stable enough.
    Many apps were crashing in previous beta releases but in this it seems most of them is back on track.
    however, I still get some problems with the iTunes wifi sync.
    Its probably (as said before) an iTunes issue.
    09-05-2011 02:49 AM
    yeah, iTunes is pretty wonky. i try to use it as less as possible

b7 has been pretty smooth (iP4) battery life has been next to perfect, enough to make fun of my buddies with their droids
    09-05-2011 06:22 AM
    Beta 7 seems stable enough.
    Many apps were crashing in previous beta releases but in this it seems most of them is back on track.
    however, I still get some problems with the iTunes wifi sync.
    Its probably (as said before) an iTunes issue.
    Just to restate the obvious one more time... 99% of the issues with any app under iOS 5 is an issue with the APP and NOT the iOS. Apple has changed some of the internals, and the apps have to be modified to comply... so the app crashing issues will only clear up completely when the apps are updated and rereleased.
    09-05-2011 02:19 PM
    For me, it is the Battery Drain. I hardly touch my phone, but I still get the Emails and the Notifications from Facebook and TweetBot. I noticed, hopefully I am not the only one, but if you were to leave the Notifications on your lock screen, it seems to drain the Battery rather quickly. Of course, all iPhones are different, I just don't like the battery drain and how some Apps crash. That is a given knowing, it's still beta. It's good, but I don't think its ready for "Prime Time" just yet. Uno o dos mas...
    09-06-2011 11:49 AM
    For me, it is the Battery Drain. I hardly touch my phone, but I still get the Emails and the Notifications from Facebook and TweetBot. I noticed, hopefully I am not the only one, but if you were to leave the Notifications on your lock screen, it seems to drain the Battery rather quickly. Of course, all iPhones are different, I just don't like the battery drain and how some Apps crash. That is a given knowing, it's still beta. It's good, but I don't think its ready for "Prime Time" just yet. Uno o dos mas...
    for me beta 7 has been great. for example, today i removed my iP4 from the charger about 7:00am. with very minimal use and a crapload of texts, notifications and emails (incoming) i was at 90% by 1:00pm

i really do not think by leaving notifications on the lockscreen has any effect on the battery

to me this has been the best beta to date

FYI: i have, since the beginning, always restored as new (never from backup) with every build. even after doing OTA
    09-06-2011 03:00 PM
    for me beta 7 has been great. for example, today i removed my iP4 from the charger about 7:00am. with very minimal use and a crapload of texts, notifications and emails (incoming) i was at 90% by 1:00pm

i really do not think by leaving notifications on the lockscreen has any effect on the battery

FYI: i have, since the beginning, always restored as new (never from backup) with every build. even after doing OTA
    You have some patience to organize your phone all over again after each beta. I fresh restored the OS on every beta but I have used my most current back up. No issues.
    09-06-2011 06:56 PM

I noticed on... I believe beta 3 or 4, well one from the early stages. I left the emails, texts, FB, TB, insta, etc. etc. and I never unlocked it, to clear them. It drained my battery, like no other. I felt like my iPod touch 3G had a better battery. That's about 2 years old now, and that drains quickly with Facebook and what not.

I know it isn't perfect, but it's almost there. It is stable enough, I just know there are some kinks to get rid of.

FYI: I always restore as new. OTA from work is fine, but once I get home. It is a brand new iPhone.

As I said, "All iPhone's act different".
    09-07-2011 12:13 PM
    I can never restore from new without a backup because I refuse to lose game progress. Maybe one day Apple will use gamecenter as some soft of saved games backup. I know iCloud can do it, but it will still restore other settings as well.
    09-07-2011 12:40 PM
    I can never restore from new without a backup because I refuse to lose game progress. Maybe one day Apple will use gamecenter as some soft of saved games backup. I know iCloud can do it, but it will still restore other settings as well.
    So true. I have too many hours invested into Angry Birds.
    09-07-2011 03:03 PM
    Besides the obvious app closing/crashing issue...the only other thing, is that, I've had my browser closing/crashing, in all betas, including beta 7. Anyone else with this issue? Is it a known issue?

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk
    09-10-2011 06:17 PM
    Ive been using Beta7 now on my iPhone and I haven't had any issues with it at all
    09-15-2011 08:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD