Recovering pictures and videos????

sc3800gsx

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
First iPhone from blackberry. I sync and backup to icloud daily. The recent ios5 beta 7 OTA update bricked my phone and I had to restore from itunes with a iOS5 beta 7 file. How do I recover my pictures and videos?

They are all gone... only "restore" backup I had was along time ago, didnt know its different from sync. These files have to be somewhere on my PC or no?? I lost almost 2 months worth of pictures and videos. Anything I can do about this?

I didnt backup to iCloud for about a week as my last OTA update went flawless. I dont mind loosing a weeks worth of pictures but this is kind of crazy. I know there has to be a way but being a long time blackberry user I dont really know all the small details quite yet.

Last edited:

jakej914

Dec 16, 2009
Visit site
bump? anyway to recover pics after a sync?

As long as you had iCloud Backup enabled, all you need to do is restore from your iCloud backup. I don't know how to do this directly, because I don't backup to iCloud. However, I'm going to outline how I would attempt to restore from an iCloud backup.

1. Backup (if you have anything on your phone currently, just in case you need to get back to it) by plugging your iPhone into your computer letting iTunes do its thing

2. Unplug your iPhone from your computer--it'd probably be a good idea to plug it into a power source

3. Open 'Settings'

4. Scroll alllll the way to the bottom to 'Reset'

5. Open 'Reset,' select 'Erase all content and settings'

6. Once everything is erased and your iPhone reboots, you should be at the setup screen

7. When you arrive at the 'Set up iPhone' screen, select 'Restore from iCloud backup'

8. Follow the instructions, and that should work, provided you had a backup

Addendum: to elaborate on #8, start at about 1:50 on this video.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal