Why a bigger screen?

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
I think the bigger screen's a good idea because of the app (and game) support the iphone has. I find the screen just a little too small, especially when a lot of the control uses finger movements and it blocks the screen.

In saying that, if it was too large, the phone would not fit anywhere. So maybe somewhere between where it is now and the PSP's screen size?

The PSP's screen is pretty damn big, the entire iPhone fits inside that screen.

Pimp Lucious

Jul 19, 2009
Visit site
I completely disagree...typing on my HTC (which has a 4.3" screen), is no easier to type on and the experience is less pleasant in my opinion, since the clarity and quality are not on par.

Also, to speak on the larger screens...the highest selling models of ANY type of computers are 13" and below (as reported by engadget about 3 months ago), which tells me that people don't (on average) prefer larger screens period, much less for any quality or experience reasonings.

I'm talking about the transition we went through on the desktop dude.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I completely disagree...typing on my HTC (which has a 4.3" screen), is no easier to type on and the experience is less pleasant in my opinion, since the clarity and quality are not on par.

Also, to speak on the larger screens...the highest selling models of ANY type of computers are 13" and below (as reported by engadget about 3 months ago), which tells me that people don't (on average) prefer larger screens period, much less for any quality or experience reasonings.

So you said you have an evo so then you probably haven't used any of the new htc with qhd display? I agree the typing on the iphone is very clear and easy but think htc is getting better with their qhd displays.

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
So you said you have an evo so then you probably haven't used any of the new htc with qhd display? I agree the typing on the iphone is very clear and easy but think htc is getting better with their qhd displays.

I think HTC should focus on 720p displays. At 4.3 and 4.5", qHD (960x540) is not really close to how great 960x640 looks on the iPhone's display. qHD is an improvement but a full year after the iPhone 4's release I would've expected that the Android OEMs would leap frog Apple by now. I think this past year has been pretty slow in terms of Android releases and overall evolution, surprisingly.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I think HTC should focus on 720p displays. At 4.3 and 4.5", qHD (960x540) is not really close to how great 960x640 looks on the iPhone's display. qHD is an improvement but a full year after the iPhone 4's release I would've expected that the Android OEMs would leap frog Apple by now. I think this past year has been pretty slow in terms of Android releases and overall evolution, surprisingly.

Well their upcoming phones are said to have 720p screens so looks like thats what they are focusing on now. I think they were working on other areas rather than screen tech the past year. either way should be interesting to see what comes out this year.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
After giving Androids Samsung Inspire 4G a trial run this past weekend, I have decided that it would be perfectly fine by me if all the new iPhone had is a 3.7" screen. The Inspire is HUGE and I don't want something that big sitting in my skinny Jean pockets.

Last edited:

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
After giving Androids Samsung Inspire 4G a trial run this past weekend, I have decided that it would be perfectly fine by me if all the new iPhone had is a 3.7" screen. The Inspire is HUGE and I don't want something that big sitting in my skinny Jean pockets.

I think 4 inch would still be fine depending on how tight your skinny jeans are:D

grimduk

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
LOL, I think you are right that a 4" screen would be fine. :cool:

i have a htc evo 3d and in my opinion it feels thinner and easier to pocket than the iphone 4 which my family has tons of and at 4.3" it really feels no different to me in hand or pocket from the brick factor of the iphone 4 so going to a larger display and getting rid of the brick look would make it perfect

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
i have a htc evo 3d and in my opinion it feels thinner and easier to pocket than the iphone 4 which my family has tons of and at 4.3" it really feels no different to me in hand or pocket from the brick factor of the iphone 4 so going to a larger display and getting rid of the brick look would make it perfect

LMAO, you have an Evo which feels thinner in your pocket than the iPhone 4? And in your opinion the iPhone 4 is a brick?? :confused:

Ok.......

grimduk

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
LMAO, you have an Evo which feels thinner in your pocket than the iPhone 4? And in your opinion the iPhone 4 is a brick?? :confused:

Ok.......

yes brick you know those square things outside your house how they are square all over the same feel as the original droid had no nice curves like the 3g, 3gs had so yes i would love apple to make something better on the phone side i absolutely love my apple products but need to wow again with the phone not just add wallpapers and call it revolutionary

Reactions: Premium1

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
The i4 is pretty heavy for its small size. It's not on the thunderbolt level but that also has a much larger screen.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
i have a htc evo 3d and in my opinion it feels thinner and easier to pocket than the iphone 4

In terms of dimensions, iPhone 4 is smaller, wider, thinner and lighter than the big HTC EVO 3D. iPhone 4 has 115.2X58.6X9.3mm and weighs 137g while the EVO 3D includes: 126X65X12.1mm and 170 grams.

grimduk

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
In terms of dimensions, iPhone 4 is smaller, wider, thinner and lighter than the big HTC EVO 3D. iPhone 4 has 115.2X58.6X9.3mm and weighs 137g while the EVO 3D includes: 126X65X12.1mm and 170 grams.
That is why I said it feels like like not looking at the spec sheet or having to get technical you know its a in the hand kind of thing

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
She's just telling you that despite how it feels to you, it's neither thinner or smaller. :p

how-to-win-at-bingo.gif

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods