So we'll have the same internet speed on the 5 that we have now while AT&T has 3g hspa+ AND 4g?
    09-01-2011 12:00 AM
    ... When you're starting a thread you should give a little background and perspective... I can't tell what you're trying to say here without clicking the link (which many people wouldn't even notice).
    09-01-2011 02:16 AM
    So you're basing a thread off a headline written in April of this year? lol...
    09-01-2011 06:43 AM
    So you're basing a thread off a headline written in April of this year? lol...
    this is just the article i found best explaining it. i've been hearing this a lot. just wanted some opinions on the 'rumor'
    09-01-2011 12:43 PM
    My opinion on the rumor is...reserved for factual information after an official release is given.
    09-01-2011 02:47 PM
    My opinion on the rumor is...reserved for factual information after an official release is given.
    wouldnt that be an opinion on actual confirmed information rather than an opinion on the rumor?
    09-01-2011 03:06 PM
    wouldnt that be an opinion on actual confirmed information rather than an opinion on the rumor?
    09-01-2011 03:22 PM
    So we'll have the same internet speed on the 5 that we have now while AT&T has 3g hspa+ AND 4g?
    What AT&T is calling 4G is not LTE, which is what Verizon's 4G service is - so until there is an LTE iPhone, yes - a Verizon iPhone will be EVDO-RevA in most places, and Rev.B where they've deployed that... or, where EVDO is not available, you'll get CDMA 1X data speeds (really slow).
    DannyMichel likes this.
    09-01-2011 03:44 PM
    Apple is not expected to release a 4g iPhone until 2012 at the earliest.Apple is probably working on it. However, they may have their hands full trying to produce new iPods and the new iPad. Also, if they ever make a new iPhone, it might be like last time and we will probably have to wait a long time for it to arrive on Verizon.The 4G LTE network won't be fully up and running another year (around 2012), and no. It does NOT support 4G. There will be a new iPhone that will support it. Sorry.The Verizon iPhone 4 is NOT 4G, when they put it on 4G whenever that is, you will need a new phone, but the current phone should still work on 3G network.iPhone 5 Release Date
    DannyMichel likes this.
    09-02-2011 04:55 AM
    yes, that should be how you feel
    What AT&T is calling 4G is not LTE, which is what Verizon's 4G service is - so until there is an LTE iPhone, yes - a Verizon iPhone will be EVDO-RevA in most places, and Rev.B where they've deployed that... or, where EVDO is not available, you'll get CDMA 1X data speeds (really slow).
    Apple is not expected to release a 4g iPhone until 2012 at the earliest.Apple is probably working on it. However, they may have their hands full trying to produce new iPods and the new iPad. Also, if they ever make a new iPhone, it might be like last time and we will probably have to wait a long time for it to arrive on Verizon.The 4G LTE network won't be fully up and running another year (around 2012), and no. It does NOT support 4G. There will be a new iPhone that will support it. Sorry.The Verizon iPhone 4 is NOT 4G, when they put it on 4G whenever that is, you will need a new phone, but the current phone should still work on 3G network.iPhone 5 Release Date
    thanks for the real reply/answers guys. this is what i'ev been hearing.
    so at&t wins again
    09-02-2011 06:59 AM
    Th iPhone 5 or whatever it's going to be called is a 3G phone for all carriers. That's what I've been getting out of all the rumor-mills. So on Verizon and AT&T it will be on the standard 3G networks. Not sure why you say AT&T wins.

---
    I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=26.025014,-80.129096
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    09-02-2011 08:42 AM
    Th iPhone 5 or whatever it's going to be called is a 3G phone for all carriers. That's what I've been getting out of all the rumor-mills. So on Verizon and AT&T it will be on the standard 3G networks. Not sure why you say AT&T wins.

---
    I am here: Google Maps
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    isnt at&t's iphone 5 or 4s going to be hspa+(or whatever they call it), which is a much faster 3g?
    09-02-2011 08:48 AM
    FWIW - A coworker of mine yesterday switched from a Droid (due to it being smashed) to an iPhone after talking with the Verizon rep over the phone.

She said the VZW CSR told her that the iPhone 5 will not be 4G (LTE).

Don't mean to imply confirmation either way, just passing on what was shared.
    09-02-2011 11:35 AM
    FWIW - A coworker of mine yesterday switched from a Droid (due to it being smashed) to an iPhone after talking with the Verizon rep over the phone.

She said the VZW CSR told her that the iPhone 5 will not be 4G (LTE).

Don't mean to imply confirmation either way, just passing on what was shared.
    Usually I don't trust Verizon reps with information like this... Just because its so unlikely that it makes it all the way down to them. And because the company has no reason to tell them that information.
    DannyMichel likes this.
    09-02-2011 11:47 AM
    Usually I don't trust Verizon reps with information like this... Just because its so unlikely that it makes it all the way down to them. And because the company has no reason to tell them that information.
    I agree but I think if it will indeed be 1 model then it would be difficult to fit a lte radio inside and keep it thin.
    DannyMichel likes this.
    09-02-2011 12:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD