iOS beta 7 is released. Report feedback here!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
well I can't really tell how beta 7 is because my iTunes is porked. When I installed it my iTunes started crashing half a minute after opening. So I installed beta 6 and then back to beta 7 iTunes. This is what worked on beta 6 when it wouldn't open. This time however no dice any lower iTunes version will not even open and beta 7 just crashes half a minute after opening. I can't even reinstall iTunes because when I tried to trash it I get a message that iTunes is a core part of the OS. So I can't load anything onto my iPad to test anything, guess I'm stuck till beta 8 lol

jakej914

Dec 16, 2009
Visit site
Is there any way to keep iTunes from auto launching? I close it and it keeps coming back.

Did you try disabling the "Open iTunes when this iPhone is connected" preference?

To do so: open iTunes and connect iDevice --> click on your connected device --> go to the "Summary" tab --> deselect the stated option under "Options."

hpcomputergeek

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
well I can't really tell how beta 7 is because my iTunes is porked. When I installed it my iTunes started crashing half a minute after opening. So I installed beta 6 and then back to beta 7 iTunes. This is what worked on beta 6 when it wouldn't open. This time however no dice any lower iTunes version will not even open and beta 7 just crashes half a minute after opening. I can't even reinstall iTunes because when I tried to trash it I get a message that iTunes is a core part of the OS. So I can't load anything onto my iPad to test anything, guess I'm stuck till beta 8 lol

Did you download the right version of iTunes 10.5 beta 7? As in the 32-bit or the 64-bit version of iTunes 10.5 beta 7.

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
After a full week of usage for me I am very happy with this update. Working very well for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Benjie413

Aug 7, 2011
Visit site
Anyone find any other bugs?
Other than what has been talked about already?
Because i havent found anything

On the appstore app, there are times that the update page wont load, the loading... status on the center does not show. This has happened a few times already...

To remedy this, I'll just kill the appstore app from the multitasking bar and reload the appstore app. This time it will load correctly.

jakej914

Dec 16, 2009
Visit site
on a Mac, so there is only one version and yes it is the correct version :D I have totally given up on it, I'll just wait till beta 8:confused:

Have you tried trashing your .plist file for iTunes? I haven't had any issues, and I'm on a Mac as well. Therefore, I would think it is something specific to your machine.

Try trashing ~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.iTunes.plist then relaunching iTunes.

Last edited:

Rodville

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
Did you try disabling the "Open iTunes when this iPhone is connected" preference?

To do so: open iTunes and connect iDevice --> click on your connected device --> go to the "Summary" tab --> deselect the stated option under "Options."

Yep tried that too. Still nothing. I just let it hang in the background and it doesn't bother me as much.

nessenj

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
probably not an issue since 5.0b8 drops this week, but has anyone noticed issues with Notifications? Sometimes they work great, and other times, they don't notify me until I open the app?

Notifications worked great on b6 for me, but started flaking out on b7 (performed OTA upgrade).

Neutrino

Banned
Jun 7, 2009
Visit site
I've been very happy so far with Beta 7. No issues I'd be concerned about.

As a Verizon iPhone, I was interested in checking the PRL version using the *#5005...string. I keep getting a call cannot be completed as dialed message. I've seen at least two other 5b posters with the same problem. Any thoughts?

anjru0805

Apr 16, 2009
Visit site
After however long with beta 7, I can say that it is a significant step back (at least for me). It seems sluggish at times and random weird glitches pop up (one I can think of is that the time won't appear on the top status bar for a few second immediately after unlocking).

Here's to hoping for beta 8/GM sooner rather than later...

Rodville

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
I just noticed this problem after going to Disney on Ice with the kids. If you triple click the home button you can access the camera when the phone is locked but it doesn't save any of the pictures when you unlock the phone. they are just gone.

dwfw

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
I just noticed this problem after going to Disney on Ice with the kids. If you triple click the home button you can access the camera when the phone is locked but it doesn't save any of the pictures when you unlock the phone. they are just gone.

That is absolutely not an issue for me. It works exactly as it should. Triple click to get the camera and snap away. Unlock the phone and go to the Photos app and open the Camera Roll. All the photos that I took while the phone was locked (and otherwise, FWIW) are there. Not sure why your's isn't working properly, but mine is. No problem here.

jakej914

Dec 16, 2009
Visit site

That is absolutely not an issue for me. It works exactly as it should. Triple click to get the camera and snap away. Unlock the phone and go to the Photos app and open the Camera Roll. All the photos that I took while the phone was locked (and otherwise, FWIW) are there. Not sure why your's isn't working properly, but mine is. No problem here.

Same. No issue for me.

anon(5298)

May 15, 2011
Visit site

This has happened to me a few times.. However I noticed if you look in the "Photo Stream" folder in Photos the pics are there.. Try that!

Also, you need only click the home button twice to have access to the Camera button on screen..

Eric Gunther

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
I am yet to download this new beta but honestly speaking i am not really sure if i would really install or download this beta thing anymore because i think this thing because too out of control and one should only install the alpha version if you like or the final version instead.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
I am yet to download this new beta but honestly speaking i am not really sure if i would really install or download this beta thing anymore because i think this thing because too out of control and one should only install the alpha version if you like or the final version instead.

what in the **** did i just read?

GibMcFragger

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
what in the **** did i just read?

Let me translate it for you:

"I am not a developer, so obviously I have no idea what alpha or beta software means and this is painfully obvious by my entire post which makes absolutely no sense to any rational human being."

Derp Derp Derp

Better? Hahahaha

Beamed over the interwebz from my iPhone 4 on iOS 5 b7 using Tapatalk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh