But when I go into iTunes>Help>Check for Updates to update iTunes to beta 7 it tells me that I have the current version installed.
    That's because betas don't register the way normal apps do... If you're on one beta, that iTunes version is coded to recognize itself as the most recent version... beta's aren't official releases or updates, so the Check for Updates won't find them. It only works for non-beta releases.
    09-01-2011 01:14 AM
    straight from the notes/changelog. this is kind of an important one. not sure if this was in past betas

Find My iPhone

After OTA update Find My iPhone does not work. To make it functional you can toggle the the Find My iPhone from OFF to ON in Settings.
    anon4705295 likes this.
    09-01-2011 01:46 AM
    Downloaded beta 7 via OTA. Now when I try to sync it tells me that this version of iTunes is not compatible. But when I try to update iTunes it tells me that I have the latest version (which is wrong since there a new version for beta 7)!
    09-01-2011 02:37 AM
    Downloaded beta 7 via OTA. Now when I try to sync it tells me that this version of iTunes is not compatible. But when I try to update iTunes it tells me that I have the latest version (which is wrong since there a new version for beta 7)!
    Did you download from the developer site? Or did you use itunes for an automatic update (this what i can only think of as of now...)
    09-01-2011 02:54 AM
    Did you download from the developer site? Or did you use itunes for an automatic update (this what i can only think of as of now...)
    I downloaded both iTunes (for beta 6) and iOS beta 6 from a third party website. Now with the launch of beta 7, I was able to successfully update via OTA. But when I go into iTunes>Help>Check for Updates to update iTunes to beta 7 it tells me that I have the current version installed.

I think I should download a fresh iTunes beta 7 copy from the same website?
    09-01-2011 03:46 AM
    OTA was rock solid. Took about ten minutes for the whole process! Though, I did the OTA without my phone being plugged in, and I started it with 63% of my battery remaining... when it finished, I had 70%... lol

I don't have music in my iPhone's Music app (I use Spotify), so I can't comment on that. I didn't have the iMessage password problem, though.
    09-01-2011 07:56 AM
    I haven't noticed any issues yet. Except for the music one but at least it's an easy fix.
    09-01-2011 08:10 AM
    Updated my iPhone 4 last night and so did one of my buddies and we noticed the iMessage problem. After reading the comments on these threads I too have been experiencing the Music problems. I plugged the iPhone into iTunes Beta 6 and it prompt me that i did not have the proper version.
    Last edited by Alli; 09-01-2011 at 09:48 AM.
    09-01-2011 08:21 AM
    Based on what was said previously, I skipped the OTA from beta 6 and restored as new via iTunes (beta 7). No errors with iMessage so far. Can't comment on the Music portion as I use Pandora and other alternatives for that. As far as overall speed goes, beta 7 seems faster than the last version. Stability-wise, still testing...
    09-01-2011 08:44 AM
    I downloaded both iTunes (for beta 6) and iOS beta 6 from a third party website. Now with the launch of beta 7, I was able to successfully update via OTA. But when I go into iTunes>Help>Check for Updates to update iTunes to beta 7 it tells me that I have the current version installed.

I think I should download a fresh iTunes beta 7 copy from the same website?
    You have to get the latest iTunes version (beta 7) from the Apple developer's site. During the beta process, the versions if iOS beta are not (necessarily) backwards compatible with iTunes versions. You need the latest of each.
    09-01-2011 09:27 AM
    Waaaaa I found a bug.

Stinkin' Slide to Reply but the sliding not working bug just popped up... I got this screen every time I slid haha.
    09-01-2011 10:18 AM
    Waaaaa I found a bug.

Stinkin' Slide to Reply but the sliding not working bug just popped up... I got this screen every time I slid haha.
    looks like quick reply is finally making it's way into iOS 5!!!
    09-01-2011 11:42 AM
    Chinese & Japanese keyboards work. No more crashing when trying to use them.

All keyboards likely work. Haven't tested all of them.
    09-01-2011 12:01 PM
    Waaaaa I found a bug.

It works for me... still quite invasive, unlike BiteSMS... but it's a step in the right direction...
    09-01-2011 12:07 PM
    Waaaaa I found a bug.

Mine doesn't do that. Weird.
    09-01-2011 12:22 PM
    Hello,

Does anyone have issues with iMessages disappearing in a thread?
    For example, my girlfriend will iMessage me, i hear the notificaion and it shows I have an unread message on the app but when I go to the thread, nothing is there.

I'm able to see a preview of the message in the notifcation pulldown , and the only way for it to show up is by accessing it from the notication bar, or by going to the thread, and scrolling up until it finally shows up.

I disabled my pin prior to upgrading to Beta 7, and it still happens occasionally.

Any tips?
    09-01-2011 12:26 PM
    Mine doesn't do that. Weird.
    So far it only happened once, but I had to reboot my phone to get it to stop :/
    09-01-2011 12:28 PM
    I hope people are rebooting at least twice before testing their phones. I notice this clears up a lot of stuff. Mysteriously, something ate over 1 gig of storage space. The other yellow bar in iTunes when I have it connected (wi-fi or hard-wired) grew from 1.x gigs to 2.5 gigs. No way a small 70 meg OTA update increase it that big. This begin after iTunes match was enabled, which I disabled because it sucks right now. Time to restore and see if that clears that up.
    09-01-2011 12:52 PM
    +1 on the rebooting. Always a good thing to do after an update. Also I didn't bother with the OTA this time cause I had issues with it previously. Just restored right out of the gate and so far have had no issues.
    09-01-2011 01:35 PM
    OTA worked perfect for me too bad the iTunes crashes after 2 or 3 minutes. This is the fourth time I'm re-intalling it and if it continues to crash I will have to go back to beta 6 and give it a day or two and try again.
    09-01-2011 02:24 PM
    Does anyone know when beta 7 expires? Where is that information stored?
    09-01-2011 03:38 PM
    Does anyone know when beta 7 expires? Where is that information stored?
    looks like 10/20/2011

iOS 5 Beta 7 Expires October 20
    09-01-2011 04:01 PM
    looks like 10/20/2011

iOS 5 Beta 7 Expires October 20
    Thank you, sir.
    09-01-2011 06:42 PM
    The OverDrive Media app still is not fully working, in Beta 6 it didn't load any books at all. Now in beta 7 they load but you can only read the first page of each chapter.
    09-01-2011 10:08 PM
    looks like quick reply is finally making it's way into iOS 5!!!
    I highly doubt it.
    That just allows the messages app to load after sliding. Its not actually a "quick reply"

I did request that feature (considering they have the twitter thing now) where on the notification center or on the homescreen, that a popup would show (like the twitter popup) and you could quickly reply. But in all honesty that would probably show in iOS 6.
    09-01-2011 10:12 PM
163 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD