Front facing camera

ray6712

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
Hey yall do you guys think Apple upgraded the front facing camera on the 5 or do you think it will remain vga

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I hope they did...i'd just like to have the quality of the iP4's rear camera on the front (not sure if that's possible given the space within the case).

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I honestly don't think a cost increase would be necessary...it hasn't been in the past with the rear facing camera when it was upgraded between the 3GS and the iPhone 4.

Yeah it increased somewhat and you also have to take into account the camera and sensor would need to be smaller for on the front which could make it more difficult to produce a higher quality ffc right now.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
The cost to the consumer didn't change at all...

The full retail price did so yes the price increased. Just go from the 3g to i4 and you see the increase. Just because the on contract price stayed the same doesnt mean price didn't increase.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
The full retail price did so yes the price increased. Just go from the 3g to i4 and you see the increase. Just because the on contract price stayed the same doesnt mean price didn't increase.

I'm 99.9999999% positive that the non-contract price of the 3GS and the iP4 was exactly the same...if you can prove that wrong, i'll gladly retract my comment, but as far as i know and remember, the full retail price of those phones was identical.

riley9dy

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
I don't think it'll get an upgrade, you don't often hear people complain about the quality of their ffc. I'm not saying some people won't want a better one, but not enough people to get them to change it.

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
I think it will have to change in order for Apple to stay competitive, their software is great but look at the new hardware coming out from vendors like Samsung. They have a 2MP front shooter on the Galaxy SII ... Apple would be silly not to match it, it's going to take more than software in the future to keep Apple ahead of the pack. IMO

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I think it will have to change in order for Apple to stay competitive, their software is great but look at the new hardware coming out from vendors like Samsung. They have a 2MP front shooter on the Galaxy SII ... Apple would be silly not to match it, it's going to take more than software in the future to keep Apple ahead of the pack. IMO

The thunderbolt has a 1.3mp ffc and that is old news lol.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site

I think personally if they change other parts of the phone such as increasing screen size and adding lte that is what they need to stay ahead of the pack. Yes the OS is good but I think if they really want to crush android make the screen a little larger say 4 and add lte and that would crush android sales. Also may bring some over to the iphone who didn't want one due to the small screen.

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
I think personally if they change other parts of the phone such as increasing screen size and adding lte that is what they need to stay ahead of the pack. Yes the OS is good but I think if they really want to crush android make the screen a little larger say 4 and add lte and that would crush android sales. Also may bring some over to the iphone who didn't want one due to the small screen.

Excellent point redraider133, I totally agree! ... It's the screen size currently that is making me nuts especially after using a samsung infuse 4G .. Bigger screen is better for me, I love the detail of the retina display however could live with a tad less sharpness for the extra screen space.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Excellent point redraider133, I totally agree! ... It's the screen size currently that is making me nuts especially after using a samsung infuse 4G .. Bigger screen is better for me, I love the detail of the retina display however could live with a tad less sharpness for the extra screen space.

I agree. I don't think they need to go the route most are going with 4.3+ but 4 inches IMO is perfect size. That would also make it easier to keep the retina display especially since the new phones are going to be coming with hd screens and that can make some people unsure if they want to be stuck with a 3.5 inch screen. Most likely it wont change but I think the more of these things they add can take some sales away from those who currently have another platform.

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
I agree. I don't think they need to go the route most are going with 4.3+ but 4 inches IMO is perfect size. That would also make it easier to keep the retina display especially since the new phones are going to be coming with hd screens and that can make some people unsure if they want to be stuck with a 3.5 inch screen. Most likely it wont change but I think the more of these things they add can take some sales away from those who currently have another platform.

Totally Agree! ... 3.5 is too small IMO.

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
I'm 99.9999999% positive that the non-contract price of the 3GS and the iP4 was exactly the same...if you can prove that wrong, i'll gladly retract my comment, but as far as i know and remember, the full retail price of those phones was identical.

You're 100% correct. :p

Apple's pricing for new products never really increases. It's all just perception.