iPhone Notification Light Upon Us?

LazyStarGazer

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
... Do you know what company makes the iPhone? Apple isn't exactly known for their wealth of options. We are still plagued by the Stocks and Contacts apps, and now the Newsstand is here to clutter us up even more... Not to mention Reminders, for those of us who already have an app for that purpose.

I think if there is a notification light, it's definitely not going to be optional. They might allow you to select which apps it shows up for, but I think there will be some things for which you can not turn it off. Like SMS.

You are probably right, so, jailbreak devs will have something new to work on.

anon(4144202)

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I would like to see a notification light, I also want to see a larger screen. Heck the device could have only those two upgrades and I would buy. I am afraid that apple won't enlarge the screen which may be a deal breaker for me. These big fingers need a bigger keyboard! ... :)

I agree!!!!! Except for the fingers I need it for my eyes when I'm reading books, news, blogs, etc.

hoosieriphone

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
If the notification light comes I hope they allow it to be multiple colors. That way we can know what kind of notification we have.

I am sure that there will be an app for changing colors like the BB apps. I truly hope there is an LED indicator. I am also sure that there will be an option to turn it off...again like the BB. I am still going through withdrawal not having an LED. I feel like saying..."Hi. My name is Hoosieriphone and I am an LED addict" LOL.

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
I am sure that there will be an app for changing colors like the BB apps. I truly hope there is an LED indicator. I am also sure that there will be an option to turn it off...again like the BB. I am still going through withdrawal not having an LED. I feel like saying..."Hi. My name is Hoosieriphone and I am an LED addict" LOL.
IF it were to have different colours, there certainly will not be an app to override and change the colours... That's definitely not something Apple would allow in the app store. I honestly doubt it will even have different colours, but if it does the most Apple would do is allow you to change the settings for which app displays what colour.

Edit: Or Apple will release the phone with multi-coloured LED next April because it was too difficult to manufacture.

Last edited:

gmz73

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
Only thing I miss about blackberry...notification lights. I really did like Berrybuzz.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hoosieriphone

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
iphone-4-s-08292011.jpg

In this image, there's a small dotted sensor/indicator very close to the proximity sensor above the ear speaker, and it looks veeery similar to the light that indicates when the webcam is in use on iMacs and MacBooks.

Discuss...

Also, if this turns out to be what I think it is, you are permitted to slap me for every time I said this would never happen on an iPhone.

Slap...slap...slap

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner