They've got a lot to fix before this OS will be ready for mainstream usage. Here's the issues I've run into so far using beta 6:

1) Syncing is hit or miss - corded yields album art syncing and unsyncing itself randomly

2) Wifi Syncing is a disaster - half the time iTunes doesn't even recognize the phone, and when it finally does, it hangs at a "waiting for changes to reconcile" message at the last step and I have to force kill everything just to stop the syncing - it worked with the sync a podcast trick someone posted elsewhere -- ONCE - after that, wireless syncing locks up every time (rebooting both mac and phone)

3) Changes to notifications requires a reboot to make any of the changes effective

Everyone is convinced that the final release is right around the corner, but I can say that if they release this thing without putting out another beta to address the flaws it has, they're looking at having a slew of pissed off users. There's huge potential with this release, but its extremely aggravating that through 6 betas they still have yet to address these rather large issues.
    Rex_Suggs likes this.
    08-29-2011 09:34 PM
    When you say "half the time iTunes doesn't even recognize the phone" are your referring to plugging in your iOS device and iTunes doesn't recognize it at all, as in it doesn't come up as a plugged in device in iTunes?
    08-29-2011 10:13 PM
    No, referring to wireless syncing.
    08-29-2011 10:19 PM
    well, iRooney, what have you done to help get it to the point of being ready for release?

have you been providing console logs and other debug information?

if not, then i am afraid this thread has turned into just another person complaining about beta software
    08-29-2011 11:30 PM
    Well have you submitted bug reports?
    08-30-2011 12:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD