Can someone tell me why I would want or need and be willing to pay for iTunes Match?
    08-29-2011 07:43 PM
    Donating to apple feels good?
    08-29-2011 07:46 PM
    If you have any music that wasn't purchased on iTunes, iTunes match will make it so that you can use the iCloud service to download it at will.

It basically adds the functionality that we currently have with music bought on iTunes to all music in your library regardless of source.
    08-29-2011 08:03 PM
    I'm looking forward to it myself. I have an huge amount of music I would hate to lose.
    08-29-2011 08:30 PM
    They have a small window to get this right. I am curious how it works. Some people are terrible making sure they tag their songs right. Don't know if I'd use this.
    08-29-2011 09:33 PM
    They have a small window to get this right. I am curious how it works. Some people are terrible making sure they tag their songs right. Don't know if I'd use this.
    I'm assuming it'll work very similarly as the current "Find Album Artwork..." option.

Remember that for songs that aren't in the online iTunes store library, you'll just have to upload them to have access to them.

I've already used the iCloud beta that's available for the public to re-download some songs, and if my whole library was available, I wouldn't need to maintain my backup HDD for my music, just my movies.
    08-29-2011 10:48 PM
    I hope this comes fast to the country I'm living in (Poland) or it will suckkkk
    08-31-2011 01:36 PM
    Looks like a very promising service, I wonder what happens to the match music if you let your subscription expire? 90% of my music was purchased in iTunes, however the remainder that I purchased via Amazon MP3 once updated to iTunes plus quality I wonder if you get to keep the track or if it disappears once your subscription ends.
    08-31-2011 02:37 PM
    I subscribed and it currently sucks. It will no longer suck when I can manage my iTunes Match library online. I can't stand having unknown artists, missing album covers, etc. It also failed to upload my SRV music. I'm a little OCD about my music library.
    08-31-2011 05:39 PM
    It's for all the people that Torrent their music
    08-31-2011 07:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD