Is the September 30. only the (rumored) US release date or will it be worldwide then? I want to switch to iPhone asap but of course it would be stupid to buy the 4 now when the 5 will be released soon. I'm from Germany and my carrier is O2. They have both iPhone 3 and 4. So will they probably have the 5 right away or will it take a while? If yes how long in your experience?
    08-29-2011 03:43 PM
    What was your experience with the 3 & 4?

Until you see otherwise from reliable sources - expect what you experienced before.
    08-29-2011 03:55 PM
    Well I don't really have any experience 'cause I wasn't so intressted in the iPhone until now...
    08-29-2011 04:02 PM
    No, there is pretty much no chance that the iPhone 5 comes out at the same time in the US as it does in Germany. But, you're still better off waiting for the iPhone 5 than getting the 4 now
    08-29-2011 04:12 PM
    I called my carrier this morning and just asked. The lady said of she can't tell when the i5 is coming but she said they should have it pretty much at the same time! I HOPE! A few days ago the switch was just a "maybe-idea" but now I CAN'T WAIT!
    08-30-2011 07:38 AM
    I still can't understand what is so hard to understand about the fact that there is ZERO legitimate information out about any aspect of a new iPhone...release dates, specs, pricing...NOTHING. Why do people keep asking? They already know (if they have read ANYTHING about Apple in the last 6 months) that no one has any real information (at least anyone that would risk releasing it).
    08-30-2011 02:19 PM
    I still can't understand what is so hard to understand about the fact that there is ZERO legitimate information out about any aspect of a new iPhone...release dates, specs, pricing...NOTHING. Why do people keep asking? They already know (if they have read ANYTHING about Apple in the last 6 months) that no one has any real information (at least anyone that would risk releasing it).
    Uum they were asking if it would be released worldwide as the same time as in the US. No need to be a ****** maybe read next time.
    08-30-2011 02:41 PM
    Uum they were asking if it would be released worldwide as the same time as in the US. No need to be a ****** maybe read next time.
    I did read it...and what i posted still stands, there's no information, nearly every post in this sub-forum reflects that each time one of these posts pops up asking for information.

...and name calling? lol! I love it... Here's a truck sized box of tissues for your tears...go cry me a river.

Last edited by SeanHRCC; 08-30-2011 at 03:36 PM.
    08-30-2011 03:32 PM
    I did read it...and what i posted still stands, there's no information, nearly every post in this sub-forum reflects that each time one of these posts pops up asking for information.

...and name calling? lol! I love it... Here's a truck sized box of tissues for your tears...go cry me a river.

Ha you are the one crying because the OP was asking if it would be a worldwide release he wasn't implying anything about a release just asking if it would be all at once. Ya want a whinakin with that??
    08-30-2011 03:49 PM
    Ha you are the one crying because the OP was asking if it would be a worldwide release he wasn't implying anything about a release just asking if it would be all at once. Ya want a whinakin with that??
    To which my initial post still reflects relevance...nobody knows because as of right now, there is no iPhone 5 (and thus, no knowing how it will be distributed). No crying here...just find the posts funny, especially when any person who visits this website, and reads any of the "can you tell me if...?" posts would read the same thing.
    08-30-2011 04:46 PM
    To which my initial post still reflects relevance...nobody knows because as of right now, there is no iPhone 5 (and thus, no knowing how it will be distributed). No crying here...just find the posts funny, especially when any person who visits this website, and reads any of the "can you tell me if...?" posts would read the same thing.
    Yeah but they need something to speculate about to pass the time.
    08-30-2011 05:17 PM
    Can't wait for it to come out! :o
    08-31-2011 01:33 PM
    So when is the IP5 coming out anyways. Gee I just had to ask such an obvious and stupid question. On a more amusing note I do enjoy when carrier sales types claim they have inside information about release dates or specs on just about every phone when in fact they know little to knowing. Most just say iPhone without actually asking what a customer wants.

Since I enjoy tech and like helping people with their tech related needs I always ask some primer questions and I do in fact recommend different phones and OS's based on what the user wants, needs and ultimately their budget will permit.

I enjoyed my iP4, but hated AT&T as a carrier (in my market) so I gave up and when Verizon finally announced theirs I was not about to get another iP4 since the typical release window for the next IP would be 4 months or so out. Well oddly we are still waiting and my true hope is that means they are going to add LTE, 64GB option for those who really want storage. If not then I will continue on with another OS and another phone until Apple does get around to their next incremental upgrade that will finally include LTE (Verizon) and 64GB of storage.

Why the big storage need, iOS apps are getting bigger and bigger, games take up lots of space and that is something I feel I shouldn't have to delete apps to make room for video and picture storage. I still don't see any cloud storage and truly reliable yet and being dependent on data plan limitations is also a big factor. I do feel for those who have 2GB data plans and they start streaming their music libraries all over the place and don't use WiFi.
    09-10-2011 03:46 PM
    Why do I always see the same two people bickering with some other forum member here... seeing a pattern.

Anyways, I wouldn't expect it to be a worldwide release. They had their hands full with the AT&T release for the iPhone 4 alone.
    09-12-2011 05:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD