20mb download limit

DanSilov

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
The limit is still there, and it's actually quite a pain for development (retina graphics in PNG take up a lot of space). I hope this restriction is removed or the cap is raised. Networks are much more capable these days.

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
Sure, but there are plenty of people on 100Mb data plans with no way to easily monitor their data. Apple doesn't want a "data overage-gate" news story. It used to be 10MB. It's not about how fast the networks can deliver the app, it's about the amount of data used.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Crazy thing it you can download a 140MB OS update on 3G. Surprised that isn't required to be done on wifi

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Sure, but there are plenty of people on 100Mb data plans with no way to easily monitor their data. Apple doesn't want a "data overage-gate" news story. It used to be 10MB. It's not about how fast the networks can deliver the app, it's about the amount of data used.

Well those on the low data plans maybe apple could make a pop up that says this will take so and so much data and then those with the small data plans will not go over. Although I don't know how many really are on a 100mb plan since with verizon you can't get that low of a plan with a smart phone and not sure about at&t either.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Can you?? I'm jealous -- when I wanted to update to b7 it told me to connect to wifi to download the 70MB update. :(

Yes on AT&T. I didn't realize other carriers couldn't. But that may be stopped for us once the OS is official

anon4705295

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Yes on AT&T. I didn't realize other carriers couldn't. But that may be stopped for us once the OS is official

I wonder if it's to do with data speeds? AT&T has faster data, so maybe since it'll take less time to download AT&T users can download past that limit?

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2