AT&T Vice President Affirms October iPhone 5 Launch

OKCChuck

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I hope you are sitting down for this one: the Vice President of AT&T has affirmed an early October launch for iPhone 5. Oh wait, report after report has been mentioning that for months. At this point, it sounds like we have a timeframe set in stone.

A few lucky employees had been told about the October release by the Vice President. Apparently one of those may not have been tight-lipped enough.

Of course, all segments of AT&T will be busier over the coming weeks as the new generation of the carrier?s most popular phone is released. Thus a couple managers have also been relayed the following message by the V.P., ?Expect things to get really, really busy in the next 35-50 days, so prepare your teams accordingly.?

We have no doubt that sources will continue to reiterate the release date week-after-week until iPhone 5 is officially announced. Ball?s in your court, Apple. Once it starts rolling we can stop speculating about the shiny new phone and speculate about iPhone 6 instead.

Among the upgrades expected for the new iPhone are faster hardware and a new design (the image featured on the top left of the article is a mock-up of what it may look like). Though no dates have been confirmed, Apple traditionally holds a keynote event in early September to announce key products for the holiday season. That?s not that long of a wait, right?

AT&T Vice President Affirms October iPhone 5 Launch | iPhone Alley - iPhone news, app reviews, and accessories

If this is wrong for linking another site, sorry you can remove it... didn't see it anywhere...

riley9dy

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
Normally I would just say "oh another release report" and forget about it. But this one along with other things I've heard recently I think it's legit... or at least I hope so cause I don't think I can wait much longer!! lol

realdealio

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
I'm gonna go ahead and start dancing now! Someone asked me if I had any idea when the release would be recently and I said 10/7 was my best guess based on reports, so great news!

Bosox20

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
I gotta tell ya, if that picture in the article is accurate, i dont like the new look.. I think the iphone 4 looks much nicer and more polished. IMO

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I gotta tell ya, if that picture in the article is accurate, i dont like the new look.. I think the iphone 4 looks much nicer and more polished. IMO

I think the new look looks much better than the i4. I mean bigger screen, just an overall better look IMO. Then again those used to the tiny 3.5 inch screen may disagree.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site

The only people who know what the new iPhone is going to look like are the people who are testing it now. Until Apple officially announces it, I wouldn't give any of these pics a second look.

riley9dy

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
The only people who know what the new iPhone is going to look like are the people who are testing it now. Until Apple officially announces it, I wouldn't give any of these pics a second look.

Well, we know pictures have leaked before... But I agree with you cause if they were you would know. Like, I remember with the iphone 4 leaked I hadn't been looking online for the new iphone but I heard about it on the evening news lol

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Well, we know pictures have leaked before... But I agree with you cause if they were you would know. Like, I remember with the iphone 4 leaked I hadn't been looking online for the new iphone but I heard about it on the evening news lol
The iPhone 4 was different, as someone actually did get a hold of the test model and posted pictures of it.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
The iPhone 4 was different, as someone actually did get a hold of the test model and posted pictures of it.

Yep. Everything out there about the iPhone(next) is pure speculation at this point. Nothing has been announced by Apple, no info has been released by Apple, and nothing substantial has been leaked by anyone. All we've seen are alleged to be miscellaneous "internal parts" leaked by suppliers - but nothing that truly reveals anything about the specs or the look of the next iPhone. Nothing.

As Rose said, with the iP4, the test device was left at/stolen from/planted at a bar prior to Apple's announcement. Not the case here folks. Speculate away about what it will be/have/look like, but realize that it is ALL speculation, guessing and dreaming at this point.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Yep. Everything out there about the iPhone(next) is pure speculation at this point. Nothing has been announced by Apple, no info has been released by Apple, and nothing substantial has been leaked by anyone. All we've seen are alleged to be miscellaneous "internal parts" leaked by suppliers - but nothing that truly reveals anything about the specs or the look of the next iPhone. Nothing.

As Rose said, with the iP4, the test device was left at/stolen from/planted at a bar prior to Apple's announcement. Not the case here folks. Speculate away about what it will be/have/look like, but realize that it is ALL speculation, guessing and dreaming at this point.

I think the reason we haven't seen any leaks with this new iphone is one of 2 reasons. 1. It will be 3g only and apple is worried about people switching to something else or 2. It has lte and they want it to be a big surprise. I am leaning toward #1 but guess we shall see.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I think the reason we haven't seen any leaks with this new iphone is one of 2 reasons. 1. It will be 3g only and apple is worried about people switching to something else or 2. It has lte and they want it to be a big surprise. I am leaning toward #1 but guess we shall see.

You put way too much importance in LTE...if you honestly think the new iPhone's sales would take a hit if it comes out as a 3G only handset, you're foolish.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
You put way too much importance in LTE...if you honestly think the new iPhone's sales would take a hit if it comes out as a 3G only handset, you're foolish.

Of course not because the people who want an iphone will get one no matter what. I was talking about those on the fence about it. The ones who want lte and won't get locked into a 2 year contract with a 3g only phone. Those outside of the walled garden see they have a variety of options are the ones I am talking about.

riley9dy

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
Of course not because the people who want an iphone will get one no matter what. I was talking about those on the fence about it. The ones who want lte and won't get locked into a 2 year contract with a 3g only phone. Those outside of the walled garden see they have a variety of options are the ones I am talking about.

I'm in the same boat. With the galaxy s2 coming to America very soon LTE might be the deciding factor between the two phones.

Reactions: Premium1

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2