Raptor007

Apple has never done a single incremental upgrade to the iPhone. You clearly have no idea what you're saying. Every iPhone upgrade they have done has been pretty effing big.
    To you they have been pretty "effing" big, to me they have not been enough until iP4, and then I bailed due to the crappy carrier. I have owned MAC's since the early Apple IIE, IIC era and forward, I have owned iPods, iPads, MBP (PowerPC and Intel), iMac's and Displays so I do know Apple products. Its a phone, the design may be "effing" big, but what has been done year after year is incremental. It took 4 years to get a great display (that's incremental), it took 2 years to get 3G, 4 years to get on CDMA.

So if we get 16/32GB options in Black & White (if they get it out on time) with the same display size & resolution and the ONLY change is the camera then its not "effing" big now is it.

I am not bashing it, but I am also not a sheep, the phone costs big money and I do expect big improvements. That is my personal take on it.
    Premium1 and DannyMichel like this.
    09-11-2011 09:39 PM
    To you they have been pretty "effing" big, to me they have not been enough until iP4, and then I bailed due to the crappy carrier. I have owned MAC's since the early Apple IIE, IIC era and forward, I have owned iPods, iPads, MBP (PowerPC and Intel), iMac's and Displays so I do know Apple products. Its a phone, the design may be "effing" big, but what has been done year after year is incremental. It took 4 years to get a great display (that's incremental), it took 2 years to get 3G, 4 years to get on CDMA.

So if we get 16/32GB options in Black & White (if they get it out on time) with the same display size & resolution and the ONLY change is the camera then its not "effing" big now is it.

I am not bashing it, but I am also not a sheep, the phone costs big money and I do expect big improvements. That is my personal take on it.
    I agree with what you are saying. Maybe to jello it was huge upgrades but really they weren't. I hope the i5 is as huge as an upgrade as the i4 was from the 3gs.
    09-11-2011 09:44 PM
    I agree completely with you redraider133. I just want the best hardware period and I want to see Apple push themselves to release the best hardware but they cannot live on the same footprint 5+ years later. Its time to make that next big jump, I do agree with what many say it likely won't be this year (disappointing) but I do hope for a screen bump and memory bump if nothing else. Since I will be paying full retail I do want a BIG reason to buy this year instead of using what I have as a hold over phone to keep my unlimited data plan going.
    09-11-2011 10:06 PM
    I agree completely with you redraider133. I just want the best hardware period and I want to see Apple push themselves to release the best hardware but they cannot live on the same footprint 5+ years later. Its time to make that next big jump, I do agree with what many say it likely won't be this year (disappointing) but I do hope for a screen bump and memory bump if nothing else. Since I will be paying full retail I do want a BIG reason to buy this year instead of using what I have as a hold over phone to keep my unlimited data plan going.
    Wait so you are in contract with unlimited data which means you already have a smart phone, so why not keep that rather than paying full retail? Seems like a waste to spend money on something you don't really want.
    09-11-2011 10:17 PM
    but I am also not a sheep
    Bravo my friend!
    Not a sheep!
    I couldn't have said it better myself!
    You're my favorite person on this forum.
    Where were you when the sheep were all bashing me for saying what's obvious about iphones on Verizon?
    09-12-2011 12:38 AM
    Bravo my friend!
    Not a sheep!
    I couldn't have said it better myself!
    You're my favorite person on this forum.
    Where were you when the sheep were all bashing me for saying what's obvious about iphones on Verizon?
    I took some time off from the forums. I guess for the same reason I stopped listening to the MacBreak Weekly Podcast, they simply spend the entire time trashing everyone else's products. Yes Apple makes great products and frankly so DO many other mfg's. Sometimes its about focusing your energies elsewhere.

Glad to be back in the fray though.
    DannyMichel likes this.
    09-12-2011 01:31 PM
    Wait so you are in contract with unlimited data which means you already have a smart phone, so why not keep that rather than paying full retail? Seems like a waste to spend money on something you don't really want.
    Who said I don't really want an iphone, I certainly haven't. In fact I would like to get one again, but for me it has to be worth it. I am looking for something better than the iPhone 4 and I don't see why that is a horrible thing to ask for. Better radio's, better display, better storage, better camera, something better over all. The real question is White or Black. I always get Black phones so maybe a white iPhone this time, but I really would like 64GB of storage (which is going to be necessary even with iCloud/iTunes Match).
    09-12-2011 01:35 PM
    Who said I don't really want an iphone, I certainly haven't. In fact I would like to get one again, but for me it has to be worth it. I am looking for something better than the iPhone 4 and I don't see why that is a horrible thing to ask for. Better radio's, better display, better storage, better camera, something better over all. The real question is White or Black. I always get Black phones so maybe a white iPhone this time, but I really would like 64GB of storage (which is going to be necessary even with iCloud/iTunes Match).
    You said if it didn't have lte you wouldn't buy it. It isn't a horrible thing to ask for that is what people expect it to be worth upgrading for and be better than the i4.
    09-12-2011 01:36 PM
    I took some time off from the forums. I guess for the same reason I stopped listening to the MacBreak Weekly Podcast, they simply spend the entire time trashing everyone else's products. Yes Apple makes great products and frankly so DO many other mfg's. Sometimes its about focusing your energies elsewhere.

Glad to be back in the fray though.
    Well it's fantastic to see someone like you here. The sheer NUMBER of sheep who have the same opinion...
    09-13-2011 09:15 AM
    You said if it didn't have lte you wouldn't buy it. It isn't a horrible thing to ask for that is what people expect it to be worth upgrading for and be better than the i4.
    Personal choices and opinions do change, and by better radios I am referring to ones that don't drop calls. Yes I want LTE, but I also recognize Apple isn't going to do it and should have conceded that fact early on. Apple doesn't jump on new technology, they in fact wait for everyone else to do it, take what they did and improve on it (aka rip it off).

Given the rumor of a global iPhone so they only have to make one version for all networks they are likely waiting for LTE radios to be better suited for their designs. Sucks big time, but its their ball.
    09-13-2011 01:21 PM
    Well it's fantastic to see someone like you here. The sheer NUMBER of sheep who have the same opinion...
    I'm not sure if you are saying I am a sheep like others or not, but either way . . . ok?!
    09-13-2011 01:23 PM
    I'm not sure if you are saying I am a sheep like others or not, but either way . . . ok?!
    I'm not being sarcastic. I'm saying you're not at all like one of the sheep and it's quite refreshing, especially here
    Raptor007 likes this.
    09-14-2011 12:06 AM
    That is what I thought you were saying, but I wasn't sure. My apologies if I came across the wrong way. I like to try out different devices, OS's and see what I can get the most out of. Its shocking how a cult mentality can be formed around anything today.
    09-14-2011 01:33 PM
    That is what I thought you were saying, but I wasn't sure. My apologies if I came across the wrong way. I like to try out different devices, OS's and see what I can get the most out of. Its shocking how a cult mentality can be formed around anything today.
    I agree, but i think it's further encouraged when 1 or more of the leaders of the cult are people in power on a forum or irc channel.
    I also believe iPhone users should hear objective, unbiassed opinions and facts on their products. Just more credible that way
    Premium1 likes this.
    09-14-2011 01:42 PM
    I hate iphone!!!...kidding!
    09-14-2011 02:03 PM
    It better be a hybrid! I have been spoiled with this blackberry/verizon "advantage", and I'm looking to move to an iPhone. As weird as it sounds, without LTE or at LEAST cdma/gsm this would be a step back. Also I love the current anti-bias in the thread, there is nothing wrong with having open debate about what the best available is, regardless of who makes it.
    DannyMichel likes this.
    09-14-2011 07:39 PM
    From a design and mfg standpoint wouldn't be easier and less expensive for Apple to make a wold phone capable of CDMA/GSM this way they can simply shift inventory around the world and only need to flash the carrier specific portions to meet demands. Not that it will be in high demand by any means (lol).
    09-15-2011 09:48 PM
42 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD