I recently stumbled on this site and in just browsing have yet to find anyone that has mentioned something odd that happened to me in Beta 5: extreme amounts of cellular data used even when I was on wifi.

This was inconvenient for a number of reasons but primarily because it drained my battery like crazy and also put me at 1 out of 2 GB data used 6-7 days into my billing cycle.

I've since rolled back to 4.3.5 for my primary device, but was curious if anyone else had this issue and if those that have gone to Beta 6 have seen anything like it.

Any help is appreciated, thanks.
    08-20-2011 09:39 PM
    That is rather high and I am wondering if you have an app that is causing the issue. I don't see any complaints on the Apple developer forums.
    08-20-2011 10:08 PM
    That is rather high and I am wondering if you have an app that is causing the issue. I don't see any complaints on the Apple developer forums.
    I was troubleshooting the phone for something ridiculous like 4-6 hours trying to figure out what was causing it. I deleted every app, even did a fresh restore. Turned off every setting that I could think of and eventually turned off data altogether.

Ah well, I'll try beta 6 tonight and see how it goes. Keeping my fingers crossed that it'll be better this time.
    08-20-2011 10:36 PM
    I have seen one or two complaints about your issue in the dev forums, but nobody other than the person reporting it experiences it so nobody has figured out what causes it or how to fix it.
    08-20-2011 10:57 PM
    Just as an update, I'm on beta 6 now and thus far have zero issues. Looks like it was just beta 5 that was giving me issues.

Thanks for the feedback.
    08-21-2011 10:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD