beta 6 software update failed !!

Guacho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
I tried to do the OTA lastnight and i always get an alert saying : " Software update fail : an error occurred downloading ios 5 beta 6 "
I'm on beta 5 and the phone is charging when I get this error, my wife took our computer overseas so OTA is my only option right now.. Anyone having issues downloading the update ??

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Do you have a dev license, or did you buy a spot on someone else's? If the latter, make sure to get in touch with them to see if Apple shut them down--your UDID could be blocked.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
i assume you are not jailbroken. have you tried the obvious things like reboot, reset network settings?

are you using wifi?

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
Yep, I would try a reboot first and then try the OTA ... For me I also told my phone to do a backup to iCloud first .. Had no issues.

Guacho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
Do you have a dev license, or did you buy a spot on someone else's? If the latter, make sure to get in touch with them to see if Apple shut them down--your UDID could be blocked.

Nope, udid registered with an actual developer so that's not the problem..

Guacho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
i assume you are not jailbroken. have you tried the obvious things like reboot, reset network settings?

are you using wifi?

not jailbroken, already tried rebooting... I guess i'll wait until i get my computer back in two weeks, I cant restore my iphone since i dont have access to my backups...

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
not jailbroken, already tried rebooting... I guess i'll wait until i get my computer back in two weeks, I cant restore my iphone since i dont have access to my backups...

When does Beta 5 expire? ... I don't know the date, but do know that it will expire resulting in a unusable iPhone.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Nope, udid registered with an actual developer so that's not the problem..

What I meant was that Apple has been cracking down on developers who are caught selling access to the betas--these can be "actual developers" who then find their account (and by extension the access of all their "beta testers") suspended and cut off from new beta releases.

If it is your own developer account that you used, then obviously this doesn't apply.

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
What I meant was that Apple has been cracking down on developers who are caught selling access to the betas--these can be "actual developers" who then find their account (and by extension the access of all their "beta testers") suspended and cut off from new beta releases.

If it is your own developer account that you used, then obviously this doesn't apply.

It is debatable in regard to that? It has been discovered that a lot of the so called "apple UDID disables" were actually people allowing their Beta's to expire.

Guacho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site

I probably didn't make myself clear, it's an " actual developer" that does not sell spots, I test his app on my iphone..

Guacho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
Is he local? Maybe you can update on his machine?

I guess i could find a way to do it somewhere else but I think I'm waiting, dont have any issue with beta 5 , it just seems weird I seem to be the only one with this problem, after closing the failed download message the bottom of the software update page says " unable to verify your update because you are not longer connected to the internet " very weird since I'm on a wifi connection and it hasn't dropped or stop working at all, I already did a network reset but still get the same failed update notification.. ohh well !!!

romeodawg

Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
You're not alone - I'm getting the same thing. Have restarted, etc. Did the OTA update on beta 5 no problem, but beta 6 just gives me "an error occurred downloading ios 5 beta 6" and then "Verification of the iOS 5 beta 6 update failed because you are no longer connected to the internet."

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
You're not alone - I'm getting the same thing. Have restarted, etc. Did the OTA update on beta 5 no problem, but beta 6 just gives me "an error occurred downloading ios 5 beta 6" and then "Verification of the iOS 5 beta 6 update failed because you are no longer connected to the internet."

just a question have either of you JBen any iDevices? did you use Tiny Umbrella?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro