iOS Beta 6 Bug Report Thread!

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
So far no complaints here. Volume switching bug in media is fixed. Photos taking forever to save to camera roll after snapping a pic is fixed. Seems close to a GM build... but then again, this is just day 1 on beta 6.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
So far no complaints here. Volume switching bug in media is fixed. Photos taking forever to save to camera roll after snapping a pic is fixed. Seems close to a GM build... but then again, this is just day 1 on beta 6.

Yep. Very solid. I'm happy.

GibMcFragger

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
Volume slider issue fixed.
Camera opens faster.
Overall speed seems better.

BUG: Camera Roll constantly shows "restoring photo xxx of xxx" and never changes/completes. All photos are accounted for though.

I also noticed that it takes forever to delete an app. You click the X and wait...and wait......and wait.

The OTA update seems to be bricking a lot of 1st gen iPads though , so I would hold off on updating to b6 if you have one.

---
- Beamed over the interwebz from my iPhone 4 on iOS 5 b6 using Tapatalk.

Last edited:

anon(415336)

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
TomTom is still "broken" in the sense that it takes forever to log in when you attempt to restore purchases, it will not log you in. Otherwise, it seems pretty stable. I am checking on battery life...

GibMcFragger

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
TomTom is still "broken" in the sense that it takes forever to log in when you attempt to restore purchases, it will not log you in. Otherwise, it seems pretty stable. I am checking on battery life...

That's probably an issue with TomTom not being updated for iOS 5 , not and iOS issue.

---

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
There's another thread about ringtones issues in beta 6.

Last night I did multiple syncs trying to get my ringtones back on my phone. No rhyme or reason to it. My original custom caller ringtone was intact after the update. My text tone was MIA. AAMOF, I at first thought text sounds were gone completely, but it had set itself (?!) to no sound since the custom tone was gone.

After two syncs to try to get it back - ALL my ringtones disappeared. So then I tried to selectively sync tones. No dice. So I clicked sync all again, and the ones I had previously not checked were the ones that sync'd. So then I checked selected again, and reversed the checkmarks. Sync. No text tones. Check sync all and sync...all previous unchecked tones were there.

Anyone else?

GibMcFragger

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
There's another thread about ringtones issues in beta 6.

Last night I did multiple syncs trying to get my ringtones back on my phone. No rhyme or reason to it. My original custom caller ringtone was intact after the update. My text tone was MIA. AAMOF, I at first thought text sounds were gone completely, but it had set itself (?!) to no sound since the custom tone was gone.

After two syncs to try to get it back - ALL my ringtones disappeared. So then I tried to selectively sync tones. No dice. So I clicked sync all again, and the ones I had previously not checked were the ones that sync'd. So then I checked selected again, and reversed the checkmarks. Sync. No text tones. Check sync all and sync...all previous unchecked tones were there.

Anyone else?

That's messed up. I don't use any custom tones, only the normal ones so everything stayed the same as far as my individual settings. I really hate how they decided to change the tweet sound though. It's annoying now.

---

hpcomputergeek

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Volume slider issue fixed.
Camera opens faster.
Overall speed seems better.

BUG: Camera Roll constantly shows "restoring photo xxx of xxx" and never changes/completes. All photos are accounted for though.

I also noticed that it takes forever to delete an app. You click the X and wait...and wait......and wait.

The OTA update seems to be bricking a lot of 1st gen iPads though , so I would hold off on updating to b6 if you have one.

---

Camera is so slow opening on my iPad 2 for some reason.

I didn't have any problems doing the OTA. No bricking or wiping, anything bad known to the OTA updates.

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
I have no issues so far. I am however trying the iTunes free approach, I have backed up to iCloud and any music that I want on the device I just redownload directly to the iPhone instead of plugging into iTunes. So far I have to tell you that it has been awesome. I may never sync to iTunes again which is great since Spotify is always open on my desktop :).

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
last night i went to record something with the stock video recorder and it would not record. the app opened fine but when i selected record i got nothing. a reboot fixed it and so far no problems since

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
I have no issues so far. I am however trying the iTunes free approach, I have backed up to iCloud and any music that I want on the device I just redownload directly to the iPhone instead of plugging into iTunes. So far I have to tell you that it has been awesome. I may never sync to iTunes again which is great since Spotify is always open on my desktop :).

how are you handling your photos?

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR