Next generation iPhone release date is in Oct. - will you upgrade?

Will you upgrade?

• Yes

Votes: 116 63.4%
  • No

Votes: 24 13.1%
  • Maybe...

Votes: 43 23.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

gmz73

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
Dropped and broke the screen and back on my iPhone 4 this last Monday...so had to use my early upgrade(?) on a 3GS model to hold me over until the iP5 drops. I'll exchange the 3GS for the iP5! :D

Hopefully, it drops within my 30-day return window...or I'm screwed.

Is the release date really Oct.7?

Wasn't it changed to 14 days? I think with VZW it's 14 but I honestly dont know with AT&T. I am with AT&T but never returned anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
It must include LTE (Verizon) and 64GB of storage. Apple cannot rely solely on iCloud storage for music and other media content to be streamed from unless they think users are willing to be tied down to WiFi only world. Data plans are becoming way too restrictive and pricey, how long before you burn thru your 2GB data plan on AT&T or Verizon and get hit with overages?

tlo07

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
I'm on the fence about the iPhone 5. I just wish they would hurry up and have the announcement! If it is just a minor upgrade from the iP4 I will probably go with a SGS2 this time and get the iP6 next year. I was due for an upgrade in July and it seems almost un-American not to use it even though I have a perfectly functioning 4! I'm hoping for a bump in screen size, even if its just to 3.7 (although 4 would be perfect, its unlikely) and also NFC. LTE is no biggie to me because I'm usually on wifi anyway. By the time there is LTE where I live, the iP6 will be out anyway (if not 7 or 8)!

plonk12

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
Rather not, I don't think that iPhone five will be worth it. A jump between normal display and retina was significant enough to upgrade, but I just can't think of anything that they can bring to iPhone 5 to make me want it badly enough to upgrade.

Lynx

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
If the iP5 is 4G (Verizon) I will upgrade to it. If its not I will be upgrading the Nexus Prime when that comes out.

Nanci

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
My 3GS is having issues and I fear that it may die completely someday in the not too distant future. I want to see what the 5 is like and see how the 4 pricing drops and then decide. I've been holding off for at least a year now; I'm ready for an upgrade of some sort!!

simplylaurakb

Apr 11, 2010
Visit site
My husband and I are still on dumb phones that we absolutely despise. As soon as the new iPhone comes out, we'll be breaking our contract with Verizon and getting ATT iPhones. It can't happen soon enough!!

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
My husband and I are still on dumb phones that we absolutely despise. As soon as the new iPhone comes out, we'll be breaking our contract with Verizon and getting ATT iPhones. It can't happen soon enough!!

Why not just stick with verizon atleast then you don't have to pay the etf.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I have come to the simple conclusion of yes, which is an upgrade from maybe. I had to accept the fact that we won't see LTE (battery life) or 64GB storage (they want to sell iPod Touches) and the apps I want to use and already own 100+ or so means an iPhone is my choice. Now I just need to get my full retail 32GB White (or 64GB if they do make one) ordered before the first Verizon orders sell out.

Never actually owned a white phone before, and not sure why but I figured why not.

OlegWasHere

Jan 6, 2010
Visit site
since i upgraded last month to an iphone 4 last month at a best buy mobile store on tax free day i opted for the buy back program. if i return the phone within 6 months i get 60% retail value of the phone. so i subtract that from a no contract iphone 5 price, and get about what i paid for the 4. So hopefully the iPhone 5 will be out before February.

brittanyh

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I voted 'Maybe'. It really depends on specs.. iPhone 4 is sexy but I need something with a bigger screen and no glass back. Don't make me go back to Android!

buci1er

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
It's not that i'm bored with my iPhone 4, it's that i usually upgrade and get a new phone every year and this is getting a little long in the tooth. The anticipation for the new iPhone is HUGE is the Apple community. I just don't think many of us could wait much longer...

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
We are getting closer! I cant wait even if its just a refresh. Upgrade ready

Not me. I'm not wasting my money on a minimal update. However, if 2 iPhones come out as rumored, one of them being the iPhone 5 with a new design and better specs, I'll shell out the cash for it without a thought.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Not me. I'm not wasting my money on a minimal update. However, if 2 iPhones come out as rumored, one of them being the iPhone 5 with a new design and better specs, I'll shell out the cash for it without a thought.

I can sell my i4 for $400 on CL. New 32GB iPhone is $325 including tax. I get a upgrade every 12 months. They way I look at it, as long as I sell my phone for $325 then I am not wasting any money. I do this every year and I basically make money for upgarding. Last year I sold my 3GS for $380 the week after I bought i4.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice