Next generation iPhone release date is in Oct. - will you upgrade?

Will you upgrade?

• Yes

Votes: 116 63.4%
  • No

Votes: 24 13.1%
  • Maybe...

Votes: 43 23.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site

I saw that the problem with that is it was May and even now we haven't heard anyone using it. So perhaps it is not a completed technology. Apple uses stuff that will use reasonable amounts of power, can be produced with a good yeild and is proven to be good quality. So sure perhaps in two generations or if the i6 is delayed next year as this becomes their regular cycle. Tech goes fast enough that anything is possible.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I was just saying that they have a 4 inch screen that will still retain the "retina display" so a 4inch screen isnt out of the question.

I concur. My guess is that the next iPhone will come out with a 4" retina display and everyone will be just as happy with it as they are with the current 3.5" retina display on the iPhone 4.

---
- Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk.

Last edited:

riley9dy

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
I was just saying that they have a 4 inch screen that will still retain the "retina display" so a 4inch screen isnt out of the question.

I see what you mean. But I just don't think steve jobs would make such a drastic change after saying 3.5" was the perfect size, or whatever the exact quote is. I don't agree with him, but I think 3.7" would be the highest they would go right now... Who knows though, we'll just have to wait and see

Ariyala

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
I won't upgrade to the iPhone 5. I still love my iPhone 4 and Im thinking with the iOS5 coming put, I'll love it even more (if that's possible!!).

finnybean

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site
What are the issues that you are referring to here? If it's software, you will not know that until after you purchase one. Heck, you can even have a hardware issue that isn't apparent until after you've started using it. I always use my carriers trial period to see whether or not I will like the device.

---
- Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk

How so? You could look at it for a year and still experience the same issues that a person who never looked at it once and bought it would...

Issues can arise at anytime and I agree with that. But who knows there can be another blunder like 'Antenna Gate'!!!! So I'll first wait for the review and than upgrade it.

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
Apple won't be upgrading the screen resolution this year. Absolutely not. And they wont be using that 4" toshiba display because it's 16:9.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
The new phone has the same screen as the 4. Same size, same resolution.

Of course if they uped the screen then they wouldn't have anything to add for next year. Good old apple fooling its customers into buying the same thing with a minor improvement year after year.

riley9dy

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
Just to clarify here, are you saying that the "new iPhone" (4GS) is going to stay the same, and no increase in the size of the screen? If so, I'm going to rethink upgrading my iP4.

Really? By the looks of it now there will be LTE, dual-core is a given and I think it will run OS5 a bit smoother than the iphone 4. If this is all true, I'm definitely upgrading.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Really? By the looks of it now there will be LTE, dual-core is a given and I think it will run OS5 a bit smoother than the iphone 4. If this is all true, I'm definitely upgrading.

And what evidence is there to say it is lte? Because all I saw is that they are installing lte in stores which doesn't really mean much unless I missed something.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Just to clarify here, are you saying that the "new iPhone" (4GS) is going to stay the same, and no increase in the size of the screen? If so, I'm going to rethink upgrading my iP4.

I was looking forward to a larger screen like many of you. My friend was well aware of what I was looking for in terms of hardware and I was told I'd be "disappointed" along with some other things that I'll just leave alone here. Make of it what you will.

Last edited:

riley9dy

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
And what evidence is there to say it is lte? Because all I saw is that they are installing lte in stores which doesn't really mean much unless I missed something.

Alright buddy if you want to play the "there's no evidence" card, then you don't belong on this forum.... Because by your standards, there is no evidence of a new iphone at all. Technically the new iphone doesn't exist. So quit making the stupid, pointless argument that "there is no evidence".

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Alright buddy if you want to play the "there's no evidence" card, then you don't belong on this forum.... Because by your standards, there is no evidence of a new iphone at all. Technically the new iphone doesn't exist. So quit making the stupid, pointless argument that "there is no evidence".

Like I said before you started crying what evidence is there? There is evidence for a new iphone plenty of it. Let me guess you will say they discovered the ability of it running lte in one of the test builds. Or your moms bf's sister's father said that it will have it. Make a bold claim back it up;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Listen guys, leave the insults out of the posts. First and last warning.

And regarding LTE read this thread here.

So because you were told it is going to be called 4gs that makes it lte? I am just trying to understand where you are coming from. If I remember correctly the 3gs wasn't really a big step over the 3g and if the i4gs/5 is really going to have lte you would think that is a big change from the 4g and would warrant a i5. But hey I am not disagreeing with you just taking it with a grain of salt. Sorry some fanboys get upset over it guess they don't like speculation:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2