Voters
183. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

116 63.39%
  • No

24 13.11%
  • Maybe...

43 23.50%
    Just to clarify here, are you saying that the "new iPhone" (4GS) is going to stay the same, and no increase in the size of the screen? If so, I'm going to rethink upgrading my iP4.
    I was looking forward to a larger screen like many of you. My friend was well aware of what I was looking for in terms of hardware and I was told I'd be "disappointed" along with some other things that I'll just leave alone here. Make of it what you will.
    Last edited by Jeremy Sikora; 08-20-2011 at 01:39 PM.
    08-20-2011 01:27 PM
    And what evidence is there to say it is lte? Because all I saw is that they are installing lte in stores which doesn't really mean much unless I missed something.
    Alright buddy if you want to play the "there's no evidence" card, then you don't belong on this forum.... Because by your standards, there is no evidence of a new iphone at all. Technically the new iphone doesn't exist. So quit making the stupid, pointless argument that "there is no evidence".
    08-20-2011 01:50 PM
    Alright buddy if you want to play the "there's no evidence" card, then you don't belong on this forum.... Because by your standards, there is no evidence of a new iphone at all. Technically the new iphone doesn't exist. So quit making the stupid, pointless argument that "there is no evidence".
    Like I said before you started crying what evidence is there? There is evidence for a new iphone plenty of it. Let me guess you will say they discovered the ability of it running lte in one of the test builds. Or your moms bf's sister's father said that it will have it. Make a bold claim back it up
    Last edited by Jeremy Sikora; 08-20-2011 at 02:01 PM. Reason: Removed insults
    08-20-2011 01:59 PM
    Listen guys, leave the insults out of the posts. First and last warning.

And regarding LTE read this thread here.
    08-20-2011 02:01 PM
    Listen guys, leave the insults out of the posts. First and last warning.

And regarding LTE read this thread here.
    So because you were told it is going to be called 4gs that makes it lte? I am just trying to understand where you are coming from. If I remember correctly the 3gs wasn't really a big step over the 3g and if the i4gs/5 is really going to have lte you would think that is a big change from the 4g and would warrant a i5. But hey I am not disagreeing with you just taking it with a grain of salt. Sorry some fanboys get upset over it guess they don't like speculation
    08-20-2011 02:06 PM
    So because you were told it is going to be called 4gs that makes it lte? I am just trying to understand where you are coming from. If I remember correctly the 3gs wasn't really a big step over the 3g and if the i4gs/5 is really going to have lte you would think that is a big change from the 4g and would warrant a i5. But hey I am not disagreeing with you just taking it with a grain of salt. Sorry some fanboys get upset over it guess they don't like speculation
    I never said it would be called an 4GS intentionally. Exactly why I'm not saying much and probably won't say much else. (I always get tricked back into posting though...) I'm not speculating either, like I posted somewhere else - what I have posted here, at that time of the post, are indeed fact from Cupertino.
    08-20-2011 02:11 PM
    I never said it would be called an 4GS intentionally. Exactly why I'm not saying much and probably won't say much else. (I always get tricked back into posting though...) I'm not speculating either, like I posted somewhere else - what I have posted here, at that time of the post, are indeed fact from Cupertino.
    I didn't mean you were speculating, that was directed at another poster. I believe you I was just curious as to how the 3g-3gs was a minor upgrade and if the i4-4gs would be a similar small upgrade. But We will all see once it is announced and then we will know what it has and what it will be called. Honestly I dont care what it is called if it has lte I will grab one.
    08-20-2011 02:13 PM
    Like I said before you started crying what evidence is there? There is evidence for a new iphone plenty of it. Let me guess you will say they discovered the ability of it running lte in one of the test builds. Or your moms bf's sister's father said that it will have it. Make a bold claim back it up
    I'm sorry if I somehow insulted you, but I was simply telling it like it is...

As for there being no evidence of LTE, you're wrong. The forum admin stated that he was given word that it would be LTE. Now, obviously this isn't a guarantee but he has been right about things like this in the past... If you don't believe me you can check his posts as others have suggested you do. But for some reason, it appears you haven't...
    08-20-2011 02:14 PM
    I didn't mean you were speculating, that was directed at another poster. I believe you I was just curious as to how the 3g-3gs was a minor upgrade and if the i4-4gs would be a similar small upgrade. But We will all see once it is announced and then we will know what it has and what it will be called. Honestly I dont care what it is called if it has lte I will grab one.
    Now you're contradicting yourself... You believe him but you're refuting me on the idea that the next iphone will be LTE?
    08-20-2011 02:15 PM
    I'm just trying to be clear about things I post is all. No worries.

I'm sorry if I somehow insulted you, but I was simply telling it like it is...

As for there being no evidence of LTE, you're wrong. The forum admin stated that he was given word that it would be LTE. Now, obviously this isn't a guarantee but he has been right about things like this in the past... If you don't believe me you can check his posts as others have suggested you do. But for some reason, it appears you haven't...
    For my thoughts on LTE read this thread. While I have not been told directly it would have LTE I'm pretty positive from what I do know that it is highly likely.
    08-20-2011 02:18 PM
    Now you're contradicting yourself... You believe him but you're refuting me on the idea that the next iphone will be LTE?
    I never said it wouldn't. Clearly it went over your head which should be expected on these forums. Let me be clear I read his posts and all I was saying was I put more faith in a mod then in you. I never said it wouldn't all I said was what evidence do you have? I am not saying the mod is wrong but what a friend tells someone isn't what I would call concrete evidence.
    08-20-2011 02:21 PM
    I never said it wouldn't. Clearly it went over your head which should be expected on these forums. Let me be clear I read his posts and all I was saying was I put more faith in a mod then in you. I never said it wouldn't all I said was what evidence do you have? I am not saying the mod is wrong but what a friend tells someone isn't what I would call concrete evidence.
    Well then obviously we just had a misunderstanding about what we consider "evidence". Most people on these forums consider the mod to be fairly concrete evidence. But it's expected on these forums for people who are more new to it (such as yourself) to not take his words as evidence. I did it at first until I checked his posts and realized he was a reliable source.
    08-20-2011 02:27 PM
    Well then obviously we just had a misunderstanding about what we consider "evidence". Most people on these forums consider the mod to be fairly concrete evidence. But it's expected on these forums for people who are more new to it (such as yourself) to not take his words as evidence. I did it at first until I checked his posts and realized he was a reliable source.
    Yeah I'm pretty sure I have been on more than you I just took a little break after I got rid of my i4 and then just came back recently to see what rumors are for the newest iphone since I am due for an upgrade and are just looking at all my options. I read his posts and yes he is a mod but guess you just have to take his word for it.
    08-20-2011 02:29 PM
    Doesn't my getting the Oct. 7th date for release only to be backed up by other sources claiming the same date a few days later mean anything around these parts?!
    08-20-2011 02:34 PM
    Doesn't my getting the Oct. 7th date for release only to be backed up by other sources claiming the same date a few days later mean anything around these parts?!
    Not at all
    08-20-2011 02:35 PM
    Well, apparently not lol
    08-20-2011 02:36 PM
    Not at all
    I can tell, but that's ok. :o I'd be a bit skeptical myself so I understand.
    08-20-2011 02:42 PM
    I can tell, but that's ok. :o I'd be a bit skeptical myself so I understand.
    Ha that was meant to be sarcastic. Next time I will add the /s
    08-20-2011 02:43 PM
    Ha that was meant to be sarcastic. Next time I will add the /s
    Oh I know but seriously though I can see how people could feel that way. But again I gain nothing from sharing things I hear first hand with people here. I do it just cause I'm just as much as an iPhone lover as anyone in these forums if not more. I wish a few years back I had someone who was in my position sharing stuff with me here when these forums first started.
    Premium1 and BLiNK like this.
    08-20-2011 02:45 PM
    Oh I know but seriously though I can see how people could feel that way. But again I gain nothing from sharing things I hear first hand with people here. I do it just cause I'm just as much as an iPhone lover as anyone in these forums if not more. I wish a few years back I had someone who was in my position sharing stuff with me here when these forums first started.
    We do appreciate the fact that you do share info with us, Jeremy. Just letting you know....

---
    - Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk
    Premium1 and Jeremy like this.
    08-20-2011 11:37 PM
    We do appreciate the fact that you do share info with us, Jeremy. Just letting you know....

---
    Agree. Continue sharing with us please
    Jeremy likes this.
    08-20-2011 11:40 PM
    I was looking forward to a larger screen like many of you. My friend was well aware of what I was looking for in terms of hardware and I was told I'd be "disappointed" along with some other things that I'll just leave alone here. Make of it what you will.
    I must confess that after reading what you posted here I went over to Android Central and poked around a bit. I feel better now, though, as they seem to be doing the same exact thing that we're doing here, only their upcoming big devices will be a Motorola and a Samsung.... I so want a larger screen but I don't want to give up what I have come to know and like about Apple. I guess I'll just sit back and wait to see what Apple says and what the new iPhone looks like before deciding if I should use a Android phone and keep my iPad 2.

---
    08-20-2011 11:45 PM
    I must confess that after reading what you posted here I went over to Android Central and poked around a bit. I feel better now, though, as they seem to be doing the same exact thing that we're doing here, only their upcoming big devices will be a Motorola and a Samsung.... I so want a larger screen but I don't want to give up what I have come to know and like about Apple. I guess I'll just sit back and wait to see what Apple says and what the new iPhone looks like before deciding if I should use a Android phone and keep my iPad 2.

---
    I agree I think that I would be fine with the same screen size if it is dual core and lte. Otherwise I would not feel it is that much of an upgrade over the iphone 4 if they kept the same design yet just added dual core. I would hope apple would add more to it than that and from what rumors are floating around it seems they are adding more but I guess we can only wait and see.
    08-20-2011 11:51 PM
    Can I believe that?
    I am waiting for the new generation iPhone and iPad.

It is also reported, Apple planned to release Ipad3 in the second half of this year. But rumor has it that,Apple cancled the plan of releaseing iPad 3 in the second half of this year.
    08-21-2011 05:19 AM
    It is also reported, Apple planned to release Ipad3 in the second half of this year. But rumor has it that,Apple cancled the plan of releaseing iPad 3 in the second half of this year.
    Yes, the iPad 3 launch date was pushed back to it's regular release date some time in the Spring due to issues with the retina display. You can read more about it here: http://www.tipb.com/2011/08/19/ipad-...tina-displays/.
    08-21-2011 08:01 AM
215 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD