Voters
183. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

116 63.39%
  • No

24 13.11%
  • Maybe...

43 23.50%
    When I had my iPhone 3 I was thinking not to replace it with 4G and did, now I'm quite comfortable with it and not going to upgrade it but... time will show me

Final View Company
    08-18-2011 01:24 PM
    When I had my iPhone 3 I was thinking not to replace it with 4G and did, now I'm quite comfortable with it and not going to upgrade it but... time will show me

Final View Company
    It's iphone 4 not 4g. Then again you probably think it has 4g since like 40% percent thought it had 4g.
    08-18-2011 01:27 PM
    I am getting it- regardless....
    but then again, I'm a dev. I have to get EVERY iphone to test on.. - (at least thats my excuse)
    08-19-2011 04:36 AM
    I will upgrade it only after taking a look brief look at it. As Its always necessary to avoid any future issues.
    08-19-2011 05:25 AM
    I will upgrade it only after taking a look brief look at it. As Its always necessary to avoid any future issues.
    How so? You could look at it for a year and still experience the same issues that a person who never looked at it once and bought it would...
    08-19-2011 07:02 AM
    What are the issues that you are referring to here? If it's software, you will not know that until after you purchase one. Heck, you can even have a hardware issue that isn't apparent until after you've started using it. I always use my carriers trial period to see whether or not I will like the device.

---
    - Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk
    08-19-2011 09:40 AM
    4.0 or bust 3.7 is still to small.
    good luck with that lol in that case you wont be gettiing another iPhone for quite awhile. I don't see them moving to 4" until the 4" will have retina display qaulity.
    08-19-2011 12:58 PM
    good luck with that lol in that case you wont be gettiing another iPhone for quite awhile. I don't see them moving to 4" until the 4" will have retina display qaulity.
    I'm pretty sure the next iPhone will have a 4" retina display screen.... At least that is what I keep hearing on just about every iSite out there. I would really be surprised if the next iPhone came out with anything less than a 4" screen, especially given the current demand for one.
    Premium1 likes this.
    08-19-2011 01:13 PM
    Toshiba shows off four-inch smartphone display with native 720p resolution at Retina Display-shattering 367ppi | 9to5Mac | Apple Intelligence
    There you go retina display.
    08-19-2011 01:38 PM
    That's really impressive but they did only show stills there...
    08-19-2011 05:05 PM
    I saw that the problem with that is it was May and even now we haven't heard anyone using it. So perhaps it is not a completed technology. Apple uses stuff that will use reasonable amounts of power, can be produced with a good yeild and is proven to be good quality. So sure perhaps in two generations or if the i6 is delayed next year as this becomes their regular cycle. Tech goes fast enough that anything is possible.
    08-19-2011 05:52 PM
    That's really impressive but they did only show stills there...
    I was just saying that they have a 4 inch screen that will still retain the "retina display" so a 4inch screen isnt out of the question.
    08-19-2011 06:03 PM
    I was just saying that they have a 4 inch screen that will still retain the "retina display" so a 4inch screen isnt out of the question.
    I concur. My guess is that the next iPhone will come out with a 4" retina display and everyone will be just as happy with it as they are with the current 3.5" retina display on the iPhone 4.

---
    - Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk.
    Last edited by Irish Rose; 08-19-2011 at 07:01 PM. Reason: Typo
    08-19-2011 06:35 PM
    I see what you mean. But I just don't think steve jobs would make such a drastic change after saying 3.5" was the perfect size, or whatever the exact quote is. I don't agree with him, but I think 3.7" would be the highest they would go right now... Who knows though, we'll just have to wait and see
    08-19-2011 07:13 PM
    I won't upgrade to the iPhone 5. I still love my iPhone 4 and Im thinking with the iOS5 coming put, I'll love it even more (if that's possible!!).
    08-20-2011 03:35 AM
    08-20-2011 03:55 AM
    I will definitely be waiting. Getting a bit tired of iPhone 4. Need new excitement.
    08-20-2011 04:41 AM
    What are the issues that you are referring to here? If it's software, you will not know that until after you purchase one. Heck, you can even have a hardware issue that isn't apparent until after you've started using it. I always use my carriers trial period to see whether or not I will like the device.

---
    - Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk
    How so? You could look at it for a year and still experience the same issues that a person who never looked at it once and bought it would...
    Issues can arise at anytime and I agree with that. But who knows there can be another blunder like 'Antenna Gate'!!!! So I'll first wait for the review and than upgrade it.
    08-20-2011 06:56 AM
    Apple won't be upgrading the screen resolution this year. Absolutely not. And they wont be using that 4" toshiba display because it's 16:9.
    08-20-2011 11:41 AM
    The new phone has the same screen as the 4. Same size, same resolution.
    08-20-2011 12:24 PM
    Just to clarify here, are you saying that the "new iPhone" (4GS) is going to stay the same, and no increase in the size of the screen? If so, I'm going to rethink upgrading my iP4.
    Premium1 likes this.
    08-20-2011 01:14 PM
    Just to clarify here, are you saying that the "new iPhone" (4GS) is going to stay the same, and no increase in the size of the screen? If so, I'm going to rethink upgrading my iP4.
    Agree I'll pass if thats the case.
    08-20-2011 01:16 PM
    Of course if they uped the screen then they wouldn't have anything to add for next year. Good old apple fooling its customers into buying the same thing with a minor improvement year after year.
    08-20-2011 01:19 PM
    Really? By the looks of it now there will be LTE, dual-core is a given and I think it will run OS5 a bit smoother than the iphone 4. If this is all true, I'm definitely upgrading.
    08-20-2011 01:20 PM
    Really? By the looks of it now there will be LTE, dual-core is a given and I think it will run OS5 a bit smoother than the iphone 4. If this is all true, I'm definitely upgrading.
    And what evidence is there to say it is lte? Because all I saw is that they are installing lte in stores which doesn't really mean much unless I missed something.
    08-20-2011 01:26 PM
215 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD