9to5Mac is reporting that Apples annual fall event will be held on Wednesday, September 7th (8th in Japanese time zone) (via MacRumors). Apple will, of course, use this event to detail the final versions of iCloud and iOS 5, in addition to announce the next-generation iPhone (or iPhones) and iPods.

Apples fall event to happen on September 7th? | 9to5Mac | Apple Intelligence
    08-12-2011 02:39 AM
    The Japanese are lucky, they get to wake up and watch the event before work on the 8th... We have to deal with the suspense all day on the 7th until we (most of us, anyway) get home from our 9-5s.. lol

I'm SO excited for this one. You know what though, the iPhone 4 has held me over so amazingly well. I actually got so sick of my 3GS by the March time frame I was considering getting an Xperia X10 or other Android phone. This year has been so much better and I can't believe I'm still so happy with this phone more than a year later..

I can't wait to see what new software features they have hidden for the new device. I saw an awesome voice over implementation done by this guy 'janmike'something on YouTube, and I showed it to my friend who is doing an internship on the iPhone dev team, and he said "that is definitely a leak".... O_O

This is the vid in question:

I wonder if they will unveil something like this. I hope they do.
    08-12-2011 05:30 AM
    Looking forward to updating to iOS 5
    08-12-2011 06:50 AM
    Im still not holding my breath until i see an actual legitimate release on the 7th...the article spoke of iPod news, and while i think its a pretty safe bet that will be when we see the iPhone 5, the lack of official word still has me wondering.

Still very much excited though...
    08-12-2011 08:33 AM
    I would bet $$$$ that Steve is going to announce the new phone then. They can't drag it out much longer.
    08-12-2011 09:55 AM
    08-12-2011 04:27 PM
    I would bet $$$$ that Steve is going to announce the new phone then. They can't drag it out much longer.
    I agree! I'm in the market for a phone [very soon] myself, and it seems like with the steam android has gained, dragging it out longer might risk people making a decision sooner. I just hope it all happens asap, I can't let my upgrade linger much longer
    08-12-2011 07:47 PM
    I just wish we knew how much of an upgrade the new iPhone will be! I would have gotten a new phone months ago, trying to hold out but the BB is getting pretty humble!
    08-13-2011 12:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD