My Thoughts on the Design of the iPhone 5

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I'm confused. What do you mean by prolong the life of it?

I know a few people who their home button sinks in over time and stops working. With having a capacitive button it would remove the stress from being continually pushed in if that makes sense lol.

riley9dy

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
I know a few people who their home button sinks in over time and stops working. With having a capacitive button it would remove the stress from being continually pushed in if that makes sense lol.

Oh yea I get it now... I've never heard of that problem but I guess if it is an issue a home button that doesn't require a push would be a nice fix

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Oh yea I get it now... I've never heard of that problem but I guess if it is an issue a home button that doesn't require a push would be a nice fix

I don't think it is a widespread issue, most people I know have any issues only 1 person I know had an issue.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I will be interested in seeing if the earlier rumors about the flash being moved to the other side of the back are true. I would rather they leave the flash where it is because my iPhone 4 takes awesome pictures just the way it is now.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk.

Last edited:

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I will be interested in seeing if the earlier rumors about the flash being moved to the other side of the back are true. I would rather they leave the flash where it is because my iPhone 4 takes awesome pictures just the way it is now.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk.

If they did move the flash would that affect the types of pictures and quality of the pictures?

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
If they did move the flash would that affect the types of pictures and quality of the pictures?

Possibly. It would depend on the specifics... has the power of the flash changed? How far away from the camera lens was it moved? It it side-by-side with the lens? Is it above/below the level of the lens? All of these answers could very well affect the quality of the results. It could also improve/reduce the instance of redeye effect.

Reactions: Premium1

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Possibly. It would depend on the specifics... has the power of the flash changed? How far away from the camera lens was it moved? It it side-by-side with the lens? Is it above/below the level of the lens? All of these answers could very well affect the quality of the results. It could also improve/reduce the instance of redeye effect.

I figured that had something to do with it. Wasn't sure if it had any benefits that may have made apple change it.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I figured that had something to do with it. Wasn't sure if it had any benefits that may have made apple change it.

Since it's a rumor, we don't know for sure IF it was moved, WHERE it was moved or WHY it was moved. It's possible that the engineers wanted it moved to improve picture quality... but we don't know anything at this point.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Since it's a rumor, we don't know for sure IF it was moved, WHERE it was moved or WHY it was moved. It's possible that the engineers wanted it moved to improve picture quality... but we don't know anything at this point.

Yes I know it's a rumor I was just saying that if they do move it that most likely they have a good reason for doing so.

Calebswag7

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
As in multitouch I was thinking still clickable like now but also multitouch with maybe a swipe across gesture to close an app since the screen of an iPhone is way too small for multi finger gestures like the ones that'll be on the iPad with iOS 5

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I hope the screen is at least 4.3"

That's a dream that I just don't see happening. Jobs has said all along that a 3.5" screen was "the right size"... so even if he does relent and go bigger, we're looking for something in the 3.7"-4.0" range. I can't see any situation where it goes bigger than 4", if it even comes close to that.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
That's a dream that I just don't see happening. Jobs has said all along that a 3.5" screen was "the right size"... so even if he does relent and go bigger, we're looking for something in the 3.7"-4.0" range. I can't see any situation where it goes bigger than 4", if it even comes close to that.

I think 4 would be perfect anything bigger is stretching it. And i have a thunderbolt now and wish it had 4 inch screen.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I think 4 would be perfect anything bigger is stretching it. And i have a thunderbolt now and wish it had 4 inch screen.

I had the HTC Inspire 4G with AT&T for a while and I have to agree with you. I would of liked it to have a 4" screen as well. I'm still holding out hope that the new iPhone will come out with the 4" screen even though some have said it won't.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I had the HTC Inspire 4G with AT&T for a while and I have to agree with you. I would of liked it to have a 4" screen as well. I'm still holding out hope that the new iPhone will come out with the 4" screen even though some have said it won't.

With the Jobs' resignation today, anything is possible... but I think at this point the iPhone(next) is too far into the pipeline to see changes from what Steve wanted... but with the next version, I guess anything is possible.

With all of that said, my biggest concern with a larger screen is battery drain. Always has been, always will be my biggest fear...

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
With the Jobs' resignation today, anything is possible... but I think at this point the iPhone(next) is too far into the pipeline to see changes from what Steve wanted... but with the next version, I guess anything is possible.

With all of that said, my biggest concern with a larger screen is battery drain. Always has been, always will be my biggest fear...

Well with a 4 inch screen iit shouldn't use much more battery. It is mostly the skins that cause battery drain.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Well with a 4 inch screen iit shouldn't use much more battery. It is mostly the skins that cause battery drain.

With the Retina display, even an extra 1/2 inch of screen brings along a lot of pixels to be lit. Sure, skins and other eye candy facilitate the burning of battery power, but so will the extra pixel management.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site

I'm sure he already had probably the i6 and i7 designs already planned out so the new ceo could use those and since he will still be on the board he will have a strong presence and influence on design.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR