My Thoughts on the Design of the iPhone 5

riley9dy

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
Well just because 4g is broad it shows that people can be lead to believe anything that is being advertised. They could advertise it as having some really awesome new revolutionary feature and people would believe it and use that to tell their friends when they ask what phone they have. It wasn't changing the focus. But go ahead you wanna jump on my back to hop on just like everyone else=0

Uhhh maybe you should reread the thread... this isn't my first post. And if you don't want people "jumping on your back" then listen to them when they make a valid point. You don't have to resist the things people say just because they proved you wrong.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Uhhh maybe you should reread the thread... this isn't my first post. And if you don't want people "jumping on your back" then listen to them when they make a valid point. You don't have to resist the things people say just because they proved you wrong.

ok maybe you should say they proved me wrong a couple more times. How did they prove me wrong when all I did was post an article about people thinking they had a 4g phone when they really didn't? It is humorous how up in arms people get over a little discussion. They act like it is their kid or something. After all it is just a phone. Relax people.:D

riley9dy

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
ok maybe you should say they proved me wrong a couple more times. How did they prove me wrong when all I did was post an article about people thinking they had a 4g phone when they really didn't? It is humorous how up in arms people get over a little discussion. They act like it is their kid or something. After all it is just a phone. Relax people.:D

Keep in mind you did take part in this discussion and you are guilty of all of the things you said above... So you need to relax as well :rolleyes:

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Keep in mind you did take part in this discussion and you are guilty of all of the things you said above... So you need to relax as well :rolleyes:

Yes most not all. I wasn't defending a phone though, everyone else was. I was making points against it and how some people would like lte and then the other forum members took offense to that.

riley9dy

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
Yes most not all. I wasn't defending a phone though, everyone else was. I was making points against it and how some people would like lte and then the other forum members took offense to that.

I mean, you're on an iphone forum.. Did you expect everyone here to bash the iphone? lol

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I mean, you're on an iphone forum.. Did you expect everyone here to bash the iphone? lol

I didn't expect people to bash it they got all up in arms when I made the point about the antenna and it spiraled downward from there. But that doesn't mean you have to act like it is your baby and it can't have any issues. No phone is perfect they all have issues IOS,webos,wp7,android, all of them have issues nobody makes a perfect phone.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Because we were on the subject of 4g. Which that article talked about that. I guess that is changing the subject. Maybe you like others just jumped in halfway through and failed to read up on what was being discussed.

No, you started about 20 posts back stating how Apple swept the whole antenna thing "under the rug" and that the Apple fanboys were all ready to march in lockstep with Apple until the media blew the lid off of it.

Yeah well apple just swept it under the rug and figured if they made something up their loyal fanboys would think nothing of it but it backfired when the media got ahold of it.

When you lost that argument, you switched to iPhone4 users thinking that they had 4g...

But I'm done here. There's no point in arguing with a troll...

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
No, you started about 20 posts back stating how Apple swept the whole antenna thing "under the rug" and that the Apple fanboys were all ready to march in lockstep with Apple until the media blew the lid off of it.

Well they did sweep it under the rug trying to make videos of other phones saying they had the same problem. But the truth hurts sometimes and I guess that's why you felt the need to comment anyway.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I didn't expect people to bash it they got all up in arms when I made the point about the antenna and it spiraled downward from there. But that doesn't mean you have to act like it is your baby and it can't have any issues. No phone is perfect they all have issues IOS,webos,wp7,android, all of them have issues nobody makes a perfect phone.

Care-NoBody.jpg

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Getting back to the topic at hand, I'm hoping Apple will come out with the White and Black model at the same time with this years release. Not sure I would get the White one, but I know a lot of people that do want it.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk.

riley9dy

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
Getting back to the topic at hand, I'm hoping Apple will come out with the White and Black model at the same time with this years release. Not sure I would get the White one, but I know a lot of people that do want it.

Yea me too. It wouldn't change my mind, but I definitely want a white one.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site

I think apple has the manufacturing down now for white iphones so I could see them launching both a black and white at the same time.

Calebswag7

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
I completely agree here, Sean. No way Apple eliminates the volume buttons. Ever. They will always have to be there in some capacity... and there will also always be a need for a reset procedure, which, again, will require some kind of hardware switch - either a button, or a recessed button activated with a paperclip, a la the current crop of routers/hubs/switches... but there needs to be a way to force the device to reset.

I could see the home button going away someday, but I doubt it will be in the iPhone 5... They could put the 5-finger pinch in the OS, but the next iPhone/iPad/iPod will have a home button.

I agree mostly with both of y'all. They'll always have the volume buttons, no one carrys around the headset 100% of the time and even if mine was plugged in I have never used the switch on there. And as for the home button, yeah they'll prob phase that out in the long run maybe? I kind of like the button over the gestures( which I already am using on my iPad) they are great on the iPad with the huge screen. But on an iPhone the gestures are a bit implausible because of the size of the phone. I don't think they'll even have the gestures on the iPhone with the coming of the iPhone. Only on the iPads. An iPhone screen is too small for those. Using the home button is easier

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I agree mostly with both of y'all. They'll always have the volume buttons, no one carrys around the headset 100% of the time and even if mine was plugged in I have never used the switch on there. And as for the home button, yeah they'll prob phase that out in the long run maybe? I kind of like the button over the gestures( which I already am using on my iPad) they are great on the iPad with the huge screen. But on an iPhone the gestures are a bit implausible because of the size of the phone. I don't think they'll even have the gestures on the iPhone with the coming of the iPhone. Only on the iPads. An iPhone screen is too small for those. Using the home button is easier

I think if they went with a more sort of capacitive home button that would help prolong the life of the home button since it seems to stop working over time(in some cases) I agree though I can't see apple getting rid of it since that is one of the trademarks of the iphone is the home button.

Calebswag7

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
Yes I def agree that be cool, a multitouch home button. That's what I think there's most of a chance of happening. But not rid the device of it, it's always been a trademark

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Yes I def agree that be cool, a multitouch home button. That's what I think there's most of a chance of happening. But not rid the device of it, it's always been a trademark

I would actually like a multitouch home button and maybe make it a little wider than the current home button if need be.

riley9dy

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site

Kind of like the gizmodo mock up... But what would be the point of having a multi touch home button when you already have multi touch on the screen?? I would definitely prefer to keep the regular home button and it would be much more practical IMO

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Kind of like the gizmodo mock up... But what would be the point of having a multi touch home button when you already have multi touch on the screen?? I would definitely prefer to keep the regular home button and it would be much more practical IMO

But it could prolong the life of the button so that may be one option they were looking into?

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods